Are Parents at Fault for Their Child Failing in School?

• Parents Play an Integral Role in the Success of Their Child's Education

Parents play an integral role in their children's education. While teachers control the classroom environment, it is the duty of parents to apply proper discipline to insure that children follow through in continuing to develop the proper studying and homework techniques that are initialized in the classroom. If parents are negligent in doing this, then they are at fault for their child failing school.

• A teacher's job is to teach, not to be a replacement parent

To start of we should establish the exceptions. If English is your second language or you have some form of mental disability, then this of course doesn't apply to the family in question.
    First, students misbehave because classes are boring...Does anyone honestly think life us mostly rainbows an unicorns ? We lag behind is everything when compared to the world in Education, our kids only pick up the pace in post secondary institutions, where multiple hour lecture are widespread.

Second, when a kid doesn't behave it means the class begins to drift away from the lesson, the teacher looses time correcting the student and getting back on track. This form of behaviour is quickly fixed early on in a Childs life. By the time they get to middle school and high school is often too late. Loss of instructional time due to interruptions increases the gap for a student.

Third and last, our post secondary institutions, whether trade s hooks or uni ersities, are where students pi k up the pace and bevin to compete worldwide. This is because the notion of interruptions is blamed on the student, as it should. The student is expected to behave, the school nor the professor is expected to teach a student how to behave, and if they do not the get expelled.

• That's totally ridiculous.

Children may be failing for some other reason. It's not the parents. If it was, then why? Boom, there's your proof. My best friend told me that it's how the teachers teach. Because it's boring, kids won't want to listen in class and they'll fail. The teachers did well in my other classes, but please... I really want to do that in my sixth grade class! Cuz my teacher calls on me and I feel like I'm an dummy whenever I'm called on. So no, it's not the parents' fault.

• That is ridiculous

There are plenty of reasons why a child might fail at school that has nothing to do with parents. Such as learning disabilities, intellectual impairments, attention deficit disorders. Autism spectrum disorders, speech problems, English as a second language, hearing problems, vision problems and so on.

You can't turn around and blame parents for these conditions