Are parents of child athletes out of control today?

• Some parents of child athletes out of control

Not every parent of a child athlete is out of control, of course, but it seems to be getting more and more common for the grownups to let their tempers get the best of them at children's sporting events. Really, people need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions and remember that they're setting a bad example for the kids.

• Yes, parents of child athletes are out of control.

I definitely think that the parents of child athletes are out of control today. I think that they are trying to gain too much control over the business dealings and college applications of their kids today. I also think that a lot of behave out of control at certain games.

• No, I don't think parents of child athletes are out of control today.

I believe that a parent just wants the best for their child and will push them as hard as they can to make it so, I believe that while some parents may go overboard and go too far pushing their child to perform on a team but overall the majority of parents are sensible and contain themselves appropriately.

• I think a few nuts spoil the perceptions of a group

Most parents of student athletes I think are supportive and well behaved, avoiding the kinds of incidents which we think about when thinking about parents at little-league games. The few incidents where parents are behaving worse than the children stick out in our mind because they are so uncommon, but that is not how most parents behave.