Are people born transgender (born as in 100%, not as in may have predisposing factors)

Asked by: MasturDbtor
  • Someone can't be made transgender.

Though we can't always pinpoint what causes someone to be transgender, we do know that it's often known from a very early age and those with the identity complex don't share a common experience that could be an external factor. Rather, we're finding that there can be multiple genetic causes of the condition. Some who once identified as transgender did genetic testing to discover they are intersex, a condition in which they have the chromosomes for one gender but the genitalia of another. Others are likely caused by hormonal or neurological conditions that aren't matched with the genitalia they developed in the womb.

• Hi, Alena here☺

Think of it like the lion cub pouncing on a rabbit with out any one telling it to do so. An instinct the cub has.
    Gender has those programed instincts that have been fine tuned over many centuries to be great.
    For example: I was born male. Grew up with my mom and grandma. Work always had my grandma traveling from store to store in nearby states and my mom has a mental disorder and does not know much. When I turned 4 things changed. An instinct had me playing with make up. Trying on lipstick and making a mess of it as the pics that were took show. I was curious of putting purpple ribbons in my hair, and had an extreme desire to wear woman's clothing. Had a second personallity a kind of female personallity that grew more and more complex as I grew older. No one showing me anything. No outside influence. Just an instinct making me feel that this is the right thing for the right reasons. An instinct at a young age.
    You can be born transgender. Things like what happened to me do not happen and especially at an early age where my brain hardly know nothing more that to play with toys and is at such an immature stage unless you are born transgender.
    I am some strong proof. ☺

• Hi, Alena here☺

I am some strong proof. ☺

• They couldn't be when you consider my "Would-be Transsexual on an Island" Scenario

I preface this by saying I fully support transgender rights.

People often say that people are born transsexual. I have read about things at birth correlating with being transsexual. However, there is a difference between that and being born that way. You can only say you are born that way if factors at birth account for 100% of the causation.

Consider this scenario, a biological male born in New York City grows up to be a transwoman.

Now say that same biological male was raised on an island where there are no people who are either biological female or who identify as female and there is no internet or any kind of media from outside the island that would let him know what a woman is.

Clearly he couldn't become transsexual under those circumstances. So there you go, learning about what "gender" is and what "boys" and "girls" are has to be part of the development of gender identity.

And since no two children have identical experiences in learning about any concepts one might expect that with the same inborn factors the same child under different circumstances may end up transgender in one and cisgender in the other and in some cases in the middle.

A person's gender identity is valid regardless of how it developed. I'm just pointing out that it's more likely to be a mix of nurture and nature than nature alone.

• Presently, No Peer Reviewed Scientific Fact

Despite politicized rantings claiming "science" proves people are born transgender, presently no scientific finding from any world wide study has held up to peer reviewed scrutiny, and thus never became scientific fact. This may well change in the future, but it's doubtful. Transgenderism is a condition of behavior and mind, not one of biology, and therefore would be better studied psychologically. While many have attempted to argue that certain genetic compositions produce this and that behaviorally, to this day, the closest has been that of circumstantial correlation, but not causality. The argument for genetic behavioral predisposition, as of this posting, has still not made it through peer review scrutiny and thus is not scientific fact. That, of course, doesn't stop journalists, politicians and others from parading certain studies as fact, when instead it would, at most, be a finding worth looking further into by scientific peers.

• Biological reality and gender identity are two different things.

Biological reality and gender identity are two different things. To change one's gender identity is a conscious decision and is influenced by environmental factors which hinge around social interactions, and some forms of education, often self-motivated. In the 20th century, people who chose to change gender based upon an inability to accept their biological gifts were considered to be mentally ill. I do not believe that this is the true. However, if your sex at birth is not the one you identify with then you have gone through an analytical process to come to that conclusion. Let us define gender:the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones). Since this is the definition of gender, it is impossible for someone to be born transgender. Gender is formed by sociological and psychological interaction to ones environment and the conscious deliberations and decisions that one makes in relation to these experiences. Being born transgendered is a biological impossibility. If you are transgendered don't look for an excuse to justify your decision, DON'T BE A COWARD, man-up, be brave and stand for something instead of hiding behind the" skirt" of MOTHER NATURE!!!

• Born that way 👎

I don't believe that you can be born transgender you're either born male or female & I don't believe that a 2 yr old on up to a late teen can be a transgender being that young I believe that their parents put it in their mind and GOD will judge them for that

• Transgenders are not born this way.

If you believe in God, you would know that He makes no mistakes. If God created you as a boy, you are a boy. If He created you as a girl, you are a girl. There are other factors after a person is born which causes them to feel they are the sex. But I get truly offended when a person says they are in the wrong body. Because that means they think God made a mistake.

• People are born one gender.

You have to be either a boy or a girl fist. Many transgender people say they were born as one gender but feel as if they were in the wrong body. Also, you need to get surgery too because I know someone who is transgender and they had to go through surgery.

• No brain has a sex

Make or female, everyone is born with a neutral brain. Only sexuality is predetermined. Seems to me that transgenders are homosexuals that can't accept who they are. And why is it that they are all "dizzy blondes" and over the top attention seekers? It's a scientific fact that all brains are gender neutral.