• I get that impression

Being it's country music capital of the world, you're gonna run into those sports douchebags and all of that in Nashville. It's probably one of the most arrogant cities on the planet. Aside from Copenhagen or Glasgow, Nashville is a very arrogant type of city, but that's just me, I suppose.

• Not That I Can See

The majority of Nashville's income is based on three things: sports, Vanderbilt University, and the Country Music industry. Country music is their biggest tourism attraction, with the Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium, Broadway Street, and the Country Hall of Fame, they are bound to talk a lot about how important music is. And if you really want to get into it, having that many musicians all trying to perform in the same bars on Broadway Street is bound to result in stiff competition, so the musicians who play are gonna be extremely talented. Judging from my several experiences with friends, locals, and specifically the bars on Broadway in Nashville, I don't think that people in Nashville are any more arrogant than people in Texas, or California, or New York, or practically any other city in the United States.