• People are here on earth for themselves.

You are born alone and you die alone, therefore people are inherently selfish. We are only on this planet with ourselves, alone and helpless. We band together with people to pass the time, but really we are all alone. We will die alone and then our selfishness will get us nowhere!

• What is in it for me?

I have only met one person in my entire life who I would say is completely non-selfish. Most people will do a nice thing for others only when they get something out of it, e.g. participating in a charity walkathon and getting a prize like a t-shirt (or getting a good workout). People also will want others to notice their charity work and compliment them on it. Therefore I think that people are inherently selfish.

• Yes They Are

There is a lot of truth to the saying of every man for himself. Most people go by this saying and stick to it. The majority of individuals in society are looking out for themselves much more than others. Some do not even care about others. It is what it is.

• People are not inherently anything but human.

People are not inherently anything but human. I think that individuals learn to be selfish, hateful, loving, and altruistic. It is easy to find support that humans are horrible and vile creatures, but it is also just as easy to find countless actions every day acting for nothing other than the sake of humanity.

• I think not

I'm lucky enough to have been related to truly selfless people. I'm selfish yes. Most of the people I know are but there are that few who are not. This is my reality so I have to disagree . And because it's the only reality that matters to me I'm right.