• Girls wear to much makeup for they age and in general

Girls make them selfes look 20 more times older then they really are only because of how muck makeup they put on. There really isn't an age limit to wearing makeup but in my opinion girls should start wearing heavy makeup at age 17 but if they want to start wearing makeup earlier then put extremely light makeup on at age 12 and not every day

• People wear too much makeup

People wearing or not wearing make up is really their own opinion. I'm all for wearing make up for special occasions but wearing heavy make up on a daily basis is pointless. First of all it's ruining the beauty of your own face. And secondly, your degrading yourself. Boys dont apperciate that so if girls wear make up to impress boys they should wear LIGHT make up.

• Very much indeed!

I believe that people ARE wearing too much make up! I see these girls at school in the girls toilets caking themselves in foundation, putting on their fake eyelashes and drawing on their eyebrows! It makes themselves look ridiculous! And most of the girls who do this are the popular ones and get tonnes of boyfriends! They are probably natural beauties under all that make up! All the make up makes them look tatty and cheap. Maybe a bit of mascara and concealer to cover up a spot, that's fine!

• Yes we do wear to much makeup

I am a girl and while I get that the average woman would spend at least a nice long hour closed up in the bathroom fixing her hair and applying makeup without pause.There are things in makeup which I doubt are really that good for you and you could swallow your lipstick and other makeups around your mouth,Would you do that to yourself on purpose?

• Yes, they are

It really depends on the person, but then beauty comes from within, and makeup covers your original look. So, basically, makeup is "frauding" yourself and your face. People shouldn't have to do that. Also, proof of this contention is that in my school, there are so many people that are fine to look at. However, they wear so much makeup: foundation, powder, so much EYELINER, and too much mascara... It's disturbing. This girl literally had a smoky eye at school... And she's in seventh grade... WTF.

• Definitely, and not in a good way.

I'm not sure many of you answering are in my position. As a fifteen year old girl, there's really a lot of pressure to look pretty and perfect all the time. Frankly it's ridiculous.
    When did perfection become orange, fake, self-absorbed girls who look physically ill the day they don't bother slapping some on? Sure, if it makes you feel good about yourself, cover up your spots on a really bad day, and if you're going out or for a special occasion why not. But the second it became almost mandatory to wear make-up just to fit in was the second that millions of insecure girls across the world stopped being natural beauties, and turned bright orange.

I wish the schools would do something about it, too. They slowly became more lenient with it and because of the media a sub-culture of image obsessed girls running to the bathroom between classes to apply more slap was created.
    Thanks for reading my opinion from a down to earth and modern point of view,
    -Katie.

• You can just tell.

Look around, you can make out the thick and in my opinion rather unnecessarily so layer of make up, especially foundation and eyeliner. Does it really make you look better than without? I doubt it. From what I hear and see make up clogs pores and potentially results in acne and what not.

• Most girls wear too much makeup.

It's normal in many countries for girls to start wearing heavy makeup in Middle School. This is my recommendation:
    6th Grade:
    Moisturiser (Not tinted)
    Clear lip balm
    7th Grade
    Mascara
    Tinted Lip balm
    8th Grade
    Concealer
    Powder
    Mascara
    Tinted Lip Balm
    Blush OR Eyeliner (Really I don't think this is needed)

• I think that everybody needs to stop wearing make up

Seriously I'm seeing little kids with make up on and it's crazy I think that you should only where make up if you find yourself ugly and nobody should think that they are ugly and most people where too much perfume if you take showers then you wouldent have to spray so much of that on everyday and that completes my argument

• They sure are!

Society is into fake everything these days, and yes I see heaps of young women wearing layers and layers on their faces just for school or work ( where it is not really needed ), I think they look cheap and easy with this look, and agree they do seem to attract all the boys, but I wonder how all this fakeness is going to affect them in the future when they start to show signs of aging. I dont know if some of them realise they actually look like prostitutes with this look.

• There are still a handful of people who do not wear too much makeup.

There are certain countries today who spend more time in their work to earn money to provide for their family instead of spending a lot of money to wear too much makeup every single day. For the former kind of people, they'd rather spend their money on something beneficial than makeup that they would wash at the end of the day.
    Moreover, wearing too much makeup everyday is pretty tiring and pretty expensive. If you have the luxury to spend a whole lot of money for too much makeup everyday then go ahead, but if you don't have the luxury to, then light makeup for everyday use is good enough---and there are still a lot of people who only wear light makeup or no makeup at all.
    Therefore, not everyone is.

• There is nothing wrong with expressing yourself

I wear makeup only when I'm going somewhere. I change the looks and colors of my makeup based on my mood. I think that if someone feels comfortable and enjoys expressing themselves through art and makeup, they should! There is nothing wrong with dressing and wearing your makeup how you want! You can still be confident with makeup on AND off. It's really not complicated. Let people do what makes THEM happy. Most people wear makeup for themselves, not to "impress" others or "mislead" them. I personally do my makeup either focusing on eyes or on the lips, not both. But if someone I know does both of them I don't give them a hard time about it! Let people be themselves!

• Let People do What They Want

I believe in a simple thing, let people do what they want in life. You do not have the power to control what they choose to do. Makeup is an empowering substance that lets people express themselves and feel beautiful and confident. Whether you wear makeup or no make up, you should have the right to go outside of your home and not be judged. Just because you believe it is"nasty" or "wrong" does not mean the other person has to listen to you. You are entitled to your own opinion and I am to mine.

• Let People do What They Want

The topic of wearing makeup is a widely discussed one, but I find it irrelevant when people tell someone to stop doing something that they have no control over. Whether you wear makeup or not, why should anyone get to tell you is you are right or wrong. The amount of makeup you wear should not define you as a person, and I think that it is getting ridiculous. The fact that when people walk out of the house they are judged and ridiculed about something that makes them feel confident and beautiful is downright disgusting. Let them live their lives and you live yours.

• It's none of your goddamn business

Uh who gives a shit if you think someone is wearing "too much makeup." It literally doesn't affect you at all. You do what you want and let other people do whatever the hell they want to do. Stop makeup shaming, dude. It's none of your business. If someone wants to wear makeup (or doesn't), for whatever reason, it doesn't concern you.

• Too Much Makeup? Where?

Depends on where you look but most days when I ride the bus, the girls and women I see hardly wear any makeup, if at all. I guess they just cant be bothered. Where I see girls wearing the most makeup is usually at Sephora and most often it's the sales associates. So I don't think girls and women are wearing too much makeup at all; if anything, they're going for the barely there or no-makeup makeup look.

• No, it is just being applied badly

It may seem like we are wearing too much makeup nowadays than ever before- but I believe it is just the way we are applying it. If people knew how to do makeup properly the the general bad attitude to people that wear makeup would vanish. For instance- look at people's makeup in the '80's- same amount of makeup, just applied totally differently and way more classy.

• This is an opinion question

Opinionated questions are always biased, so why bother? Why does it matter if you think people are wearing too little or too much makeup? People can do whatever the hell they want and whether or not you judge, makeup is makeup and at the end of the day, we're all left with our bare faces. Do whatever suits yourself and stop caring about what others do. We're all individuals.

• Not really tbh

In my opinion, boys and girls should wear what makes them happy. If they want to wear a lot of makeup, who are we to tell them not to? It is there face. You shouldn't care what someone else is doing to it. I personally do wear a lot of makeup, so I'm slightly biased. But I wear foundation, contour, colored eye shadow, bold blue or black lips, and big fake lashes. It's my style and the way I choose to express myself. I don't hate my natural face, in fact that's what I usually go out sporting. But some days I want to sit down for a few hours applying makeup. Just applying concealer and mascara ruins the fun.

• How much is too much?

I think woman should be able to wear as much makeup as they want. Society's shouldn't have to judge people by how much makeup they are wearing. It is none of anyone's business and if they want to wear a lot, let them because if that's what makes them feel pretty and if that's what makes them feel good in their own skin, then it should not be any of your interest to judge others based on how much makeup they are wearing.