• Natures way of weeding out the weak

If it was a wild, weakness as such wont be tolerated, survival of the fitest still applies, if you are mentaly or physically weak you will not survivve and pass on your genes to next generation, maybe its natural way of taking out the weak link in chain of evolution.

• Yes they are

Their inability to deal with the problems everyone has in life showcases how weak willed they are. They possess a complete lack of resiliency and self worth. Their most basic need of self preservation is corrupted by their desire for pity or attention. The only hope one can have is that they cull themselves from the herd before they have the opportunity to breed. Thus polluting the gene pool with whatever candy a** s**t they're made of.

• Yes they are

There are thousands of people who have far worse life than "average" suiciders yet they live on and make the most of it and might even live a great life afterwards. Also they leave all their friends and family who care about the person which causes alot of sorrow for them.

• Can't take life's problems.

People who commit suicide are not only committing a selfish act but also an act of weakness that shows everybody that you couldn't handle whatever came to you. It's just simply being an all around weak human being. Someone bullies you, you bully back, someone insults you, insult them back. It's that simple of a life it ain't hard and everything that happens to you is in someway your fault and you need to take responsibility of your actions. For example if Amanda Todd didn't expose herself she would be alive to this very day but people refuse to look at it from that perspective they just blame whoever bullied her and I'm not saying that what that guy did was ok I'm just saying that it started with her actions that lead to her death.

• I'm not weak, but they are

Speaking from experience, one of the reasons I never committed the deed was because the thought kept ringing through my head that I would be a coward if I went through with it. I'm alive, and I can say that suicidals are weak. Can you determine if a suicidal is strong? No, because they're dead. What does that tell you?

• Way too dramatic

All of the people I have ever know who have tried or thought about it were just way too dramatic. They thought their problems were way worse than anything anyone else has ever been through, when there are other people that actually HAVE been through worse and are totally fine! It all depends on how you face your problems, and taking yourself out of them seems ridiculous. You never know what the next day will bring, so just buck up, take a deep breath, and say "SCREW YOU LIFE!" Then keep going. You must keep moving or things will remain the same. So just keep swimming.

• People who kill themselves are selfish.

When someone commits suicide they escape all the pain, stress, and worry of this life; but they also leave the ones who do or might care about them. The family and friends of those who kill themselves have to deal with immeasurable amounts of emotional pain. Killing yourself is selfish. Life can be tough but people have to be tougher for the sake of those we love.

• Yes it most definitely is.

First I would like to stress that those saying that it is "brave" and "takes a lot of strength" you are making suicide seem sociably acceptable. Hell, you might even have convinced someone to do it! Second I will stress that there are so many people working night and day to stop suicides with suicide prevention hotlines and all the works. Are they not cowardly and weak for not stepping up to their problem and calling? It takes 2 seconds. Lastly, anyone who would inflict that immeasurable amount of pain and suffering upon those they know just to escape pain themselves are weak. They care nothing for others.

• Technically psychologically weak,

Surely, suicide is a hard decision. For someone to choose death over life, there must be significant pressure onto them psychologically from living. Extreme stress on the mentality without outlets for relief, definitely weakens ones psychological stability. When close to or pass the breaking point, it is much easier to be swayed to choose death over life.

• In some ways they are

When you are suffering so much your heart gets weak. You think there is no hope. You think your troubles will constantly be with you. The thought no longer crosses your mind that maybe something will come up. It only takes time. You no longer crave for happiness. You become pessimitic. Once you are stressed out, it doesn't take much for you to trade one prision for another. Nothing no longer holds you back. The fear of not existing or seeing anyone now becomes a walk in the park. You can no longer connect with you friend emotionally for support. You can no longer percieve a future. Even during sickness it is considered a weakness for the fact remains that you have a problem which makes your entire well being weak and vunerable. One way or another you are weak wether chemically or personality wise.

• Suicide takes a lot of strength.

Suicide goes against everything evolution programmed your body to do, which is survive so that you can pass on your genes to the next generation. It also takes a considerable amount of mental strength to not only decide that there's nothing worth living for and no chance of that changing, but that you should do something so permanent about it. This is not to say that it's a wise choice (trust me, it isn't), but it is not an easy or weak one.

• No, people who attempt or do, are not weak.

Actually, depression is a chemical imbalance. That's like saying that a person with a leg cramp or the cold is emotionally weak. And, like Gilesthewizard stated, you're pretty damn strong and brave if you could kill yourself. But, this doesn't mean to kill yourself because it "proves" your strong.
    Whats strong is staying alive, but committing suicide isn't weak either.

• Quite the opposite

I tried to commit suicide once. I couldn't. A truly weak person would not be able to make the decision to end their life. Only somebody with a strong will would be able to do that- because once you do, it's over. You can't "un-die". What happens after you die? Heaven? Hell? Reincarnation? Nobody knows. Maybe nothing happens. Maybe you're just gone forever. Tell me, could a weak person make that choice, and face the possibility of eternal torture (if you're a Catholic) or eternal nothingness? Would you be strong enough to do it, even if there's a good chance that there isn't something waiting for you on the other side?

• No, people that commit suicide are not considered weak

I don't think that this is true because everyone may commit suicide for different reasons. Just because someone commits suicide doesn't always meant that they are weak or have give up on life. Some people may be clinically sick or psychologically damaged when making the conscious choice to commit suicide, but not weak off the bat.

• No they are not!

Do not get me wrong, I can see how people would automatically say that "Ohh they were just weak and could not hold on any longer". But in my mind, sometimes people are just angry, fed up, sick and tired, annoyed, and out of ideas and inspiration. That is not weakness in my eyes.

• Selfish and weak

Suicide is definitely not the most courageous thing you can do in life! The most courageous thing you can do in life is to protect and care about your family and friends! You don't have to be strong to take a bullet in the head. That's just an escape instead of facing life and future.

• Wow so insensitive

I am fighting so hard to not relapse again you think that doesn't take strength!?! These scars on my body won't heal and people like me have stuff that made them like me! Watch what you say before you say it. Your strength and support can also be your weakness

• It is a mental disorder not a sign of weakness.

Would you view a person with bipolar as weak and unable to control their emotions or someone afflicted by a mental disorder? Those who suffer from depression are suffering from a mental disorder, thoughts of suicide can be or are as unavoidable as a manic or depressive episode in a bipolar patient. Would you view them as being view for giving into their manic or depressive urges? I think not. And it is no different from depression, the signs and symptoms are a result of NT imbalance in the brain as well as physical changes verified by studies.

Individuals who commit suicide suffering from depression do not do so because they are weak, instead they do so because of a lack of efficacious treatment and duration, and lack of social support. Both interventions are needed for a good recovery.

People who ignore all the facts and guide those in depression are the ones who are selfish. You write off a persons entire life experience which lead them to this point and ignore the valid point that depression is a mental disorder with verifiable changes in the brain vs those not afflicted by depression. For someone to judge so quick and be dismissive of the evidence even when a life is on the line is the ultimate meaning of selfishness.

I suggest everyone who thinks so to do more research and take a deeper look.

• No attempting suicide is not an act of weakness

It takes a lot of strength n courage to commit suicide. The people who did such kind of things are strong but that doesn't mean yu start attempting suicide aftr evry minute... The best way to escape ur problems is to face them ... Never let anyone say that this person was so weak n he wasn't able to face his problem so he commited suicide... Be a strong person, be brave never let anyone feel pity for yu,... Stay strong !!!

• Suicide is the most courageous act in the world

Humans innately strive to live. To be able to overcome the most basic human desire takes immense strength. Depression is extremely strong and beyond anyone's control. Sometimes medicine and therapy just aren't enough. For most people who have tried or succeeded at committing suicide, it's not because of one thing. They've struggled for a long time, probably years, with the thoughts inside their own head. This battle is extremely tolling on a person, especially if they don't feel like they're getting better or ever will. Everybody has a breaking point, but if someone's breaking point drives them to truly believe dying is better than living, they've been through way more and had the misfortune to have fallen way farther than those who don't contemplate suicide.