• Yes and no

People with mental illness can't really control themselves. But think about suicide is just giving up because it is to hard, it is selling out. True strength is being able to endure everything that happens to you, I would mostly say yes but it is not black in white. It is a case by case situation. But if anyone is ever feeling suicidal just ask yourself what that will it accomplish. Some say people don't have to deal with me, or the pain is to much, and I WANT IT TO END. Ask your self what it will accomplish and ask your self what your purpose is in life, and I guarantee anyone who is suicidal doesn't know their purpose so don't you want to find out?

• Yes, it really is (for some)

I think this way because a lot of them probably can't go through life problems. Some people also can't just get over things and are stuck in the past. Some think their problems are worse than anyone's. EVERYONE HAS PROBLEMS IN LIFE AND LIFE COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE!! Some are just plain negative all the time and obviously don't even try. I'm saying "some" because I know some have genuine problems and have actually been trying and might have a mental illness. But for others there's just no excuse. Trust me, I know a couple people who were like this. Trust me, I thought about killing myself in the past (See, I'm okay now. Life's not perfect and it never will be. I'm okay. I'm not perfect and feeling great. I'm okay. I still feel like everyone hates me and people are always putting me down saying things like "no one likes you" but I DON'T CARE. I haven't really been diagnosed or anything, but I have a huge feeling I have anxiety and way too much stress. I just know it. Social anxiety to be exact. And my grades are going down. I used to walk into class everyday late and crying. My mom has all these problems and uses meth and for all I know could die any day. I was mentally abused by her (and still am to be honest. She calls me ugly and she says she doesn't understand how anyone could ever love me and one day she even asked me why I was here). But guess what. I'M OKAY!! Life can always get better. I mostly just ignore all this stuff because I know life can always get better. But the thing is, people have to help themselves to make their life better. They need to try to make their life better in other words. This is what I think about it.

• Yes, it is..

I know a couple of people who wanted to kill themselves. They are not depressed (and one of them is my friend by the way, she might be depressed though or used to be). And like a week later the other said she would never do that. Trust me, last year I felt depressed and worthless and would always wonder if people would even care if I was gone and would even plan ways to kill myself. But now I think back to it and I know I would never do that. I still feel like everyone hates me but I would never do that. Life can always get better. People just need to stop being so negative about everything and be more positive. I think a lot of people aren't even trying. They think the first answer is suicide. For real, the two people I know, one of them can't seem to get over anything. She's still stuck on something that happened when she was a toddler. Another thing, she probably just wants to kill herself because her sister tried it. Yes I know, depression is a huge problem and hard to deal with and suicide it takes the most strength a person has or they've been dealing with it for a long time. For some people that might be true but for other people it's not. Some people probably never tried or didn't very long. Everyone goes through problems in life at some point. EVERYONE. And life can always be worse. It's weak to not be able to go through life problems. This is just what I think.

• Natures way of weeding out the weak

If it was a wild, weakness as such wont be tolerated, survival of the fitest still applies, if you are mentaly or physically weak you will not survivve and pass on your genes to next generation, maybe its natural way of taking out the weak link in chain of evolution.

• Yes they are

Their inability to deal with the problems everyone has in life showcases how weak willed they are. They possess a complete lack of resiliency and self worth. Their most basic need of self preservation is corrupted by their desire for pity or attention. The only hope one can have is that they cull themselves from the herd before they have the opportunity to breed. Thus polluting the gene pool with whatever candy a** s**t they're made of.

• Yes they are

There are thousands of people who have far worse life than "average" suiciders yet they live on and make the most of it and might even live a great life afterwards. Also they leave all their friends and family who care about the person which causes alot of sorrow for them.

• Can't take life's problems.

People who commit suicide are not only committing a selfish act but also an act of weakness that shows everybody that you couldn't handle whatever came to you. It's just simply being an all around weak human being. Someone bullies you, you bully back, someone insults you, insult them back. It's that simple of a life it ain't hard and everything that happens to you is in someway your fault and you need to take responsibility of your actions. For example if Amanda Todd didn't expose herself she would be alive to this very day but people refuse to look at it from that perspective they just blame whoever bullied her and I'm not saying that what that guy did was ok I'm just saying that it started with her actions that lead to her death.

• I'm not weak, but they are

Speaking from experience, one of the reasons I never committed the deed was because the thought kept ringing through my head that I would be a coward if I went through with it. I'm alive, and I can say that suicidals are weak. Can you determine if a suicidal is strong? No, because they're dead. What does that tell you?

• Way too dramatic

All of the people I have ever know who have tried or thought about it were just way too dramatic. They thought their problems were way worse than anything anyone else has ever been through, when there are other people that actually HAVE been through worse and are totally fine! It all depends on how you face your problems, and taking yourself out of them seems ridiculous. You never know what the next day will bring, so just buck up, take a deep breath, and say "SCREW YOU LIFE!" Then keep going. You must keep moving or things will remain the same. So just keep swimming.

• People who kill themselves are selfish.

When someone commits suicide they escape all the pain, stress, and worry of this life; but they also leave the ones who do or might care about them. The family and friends of those who kill themselves have to deal with immeasurable amounts of emotional pain. Killing yourself is selfish. Life can be tough but people have to be tougher for the sake of those we love.

• Suicide takes a lot of strength.

Suicide goes against everything evolution programmed your body to do, which is survive so that you can pass on your genes to the next generation. It also takes a considerable amount of mental strength to not only decide that there's nothing worth living for and no chance of that changing, but that you should do something so permanent about it. This is not to say that it's a wise choice (trust me, it isn't), but it is not an easy or weak one.

• No, people who attempt or do, are not weak.

Actually, depression is a chemical imbalance. That's like saying that a person with a leg cramp or the cold is emotionally weak. And, like Gilesthewizard stated, you're pretty damn strong and brave if you could kill yourself. But, this doesn't mean to kill yourself because it "proves" your strong.
    Whats strong is staying alive, but committing suicide isn't weak either.

• Quite the opposite

I tried to commit suicide once. I couldn't. A truly weak person would not be able to make the decision to end their life. Only somebody with a strong will would be able to do that- because once you do, it's over. You can't "un-die". What happens after you die? Heaven? Hell? Reincarnation? Nobody knows. Maybe nothing happens. Maybe you're just gone forever. Tell me, could a weak person make that choice, and face the possibility of eternal torture (if you're a Catholic) or eternal nothingness? Would you be strong enough to do it, even if there's a good chance that there isn't something waiting for you on the other side?

• No, people that commit suicide are not considered weak

I don't think that this is true because everyone may commit suicide for different reasons. Just because someone commits suicide doesn't always meant that they are weak or have give up on life. Some people may be clinically sick or psychologically damaged when making the conscious choice to commit suicide, but not weak off the bat.

• No they are not!

Do not get me wrong, I can see how people would automatically say that "Ohh they were just weak and could not hold on any longer". But in my mind, sometimes people are just angry, fed up, sick and tired, annoyed, and out of ideas and inspiration. That is not weakness in my eyes.

• No not really

Suicide is not acceptable but I mean some people are not as strong as others and some are just trapped and that's the only way out. People shouldn't act like they know what's going on in one persons mind or that a decision is easy because you are not them and you have no idea what it means to them. I mean suicide does not take strength but nether does not committing suicide. If someone has had the silver spoon all their life then they would not understand people who commit suicide. And I have never been depressed or anything I'm just trying to put myself in someone who has shoes.

• No not really

• This is how it is

It's hard enough for the people to get up and begin another day, but I give them props, they stayed strong for so long but sometimes it's too much. And so what if they're "selfish"? I know it'll hurt everyone but what about how I feel? I want to be selfish for once. It isn't up to anyone for the actions of others, if they want to go then let it be. You did your best to support that person, but it's not up to you if they stay or go..

• Selfish and weak

Suicide is definitely not the most courageous thing you can do in life! The most courageous thing you can do in life is to protect and care about your family and friends! You don't have to be strong to take a bullet in the head. That's just an escape instead of facing life and future.

• Wow so insensitive

I am fighting so hard to not relapse again you think that doesn't take strength!?! These scars on my body won't heal and people like me have stuff that made them like me! Watch what you say before you say it. Your strength and support can also be your weakness