• It is always going to be easier than perseverance

It doesn't matter how difficult it is to persevere, life is not supposed to be easy, and someone who has forced them self to persevere even when the odds are against them and they would much rather simply kill them self than continue, then they will, eventually, emerge more resilient than 99% of people.

• Can't stand for themselves

Life teaches us many important lessons in life, one of the more important ones is to never give up and to always follow your dreams. If you are faced with a problem you shouldn't quit, back down, and end your life. In those kinds of situations you need to face your problems head on with a never give up attitude (and in a kind manner as well)! Remember we have the potential to be whatever we want to be! Do you really want to be known as the one who killed themselves because they couldn't take the situation life has thrown at you?

• Its cowardly and pathetic

How can you possibly call it brave? There is nothing brave about it! These people are struggling? Right. We should be more sympathetic to their pain. Everyone struggles and has pain. But most people deal with it and try to make themselves better people. Not these people though they just want to end it. Its not bravery because they know this is the quickest way to end it all. Its heartbreaking knowing people would leave their friends and family the burden of knowing they killed themselves.

• Its cowardly and pathetic

• Suicide is cowardly indeed

How can you call your self strong if you aren't even strong enough to face reality. Yes, things might have gotten harder for you then others, but suicide is NEVER the answer. Think of it like this, life has a purpose, karma can either be your worst enemy or best friend depending on the choices you make in life. If you do everything right, and you are working hard, then all the bad will go away, but if all you do is wrong and things get difficult, suffer the consequences because u put yourself there, but don't run away from it by killing yourself,that is one thing only,cowardly.

• Suicide is NOT courageous

How can you say killing yourself is courageous when you don't even have the courage to live? The driving force behind suicide is not courage, it's cowardice. They want to escape reality, to run away without facing their problems. I am not saying that the act of suicide is not understandable, I do understand why people do it. But it's wrong to say its a brave thing to do when it's clearly not. It LOOKS brave because you're seeing it on the surface, but the thought behind the action is cowardly.

• Suicide is NOT courageous

• Yes and no

People with mental illness can't really control themselves. But think about suicide is just giving up because it is to hard, it is selling out. True strength is being able to endure everything that happens to you, I would mostly say yes but it is not black in white. It is a case by case situation. But if anyone is ever feeling suicidal just ask yourself what that will it accomplish. Some say people don't have to deal with me, or the pain is to much, and I WANT IT TO END. Ask your self what it will accomplish and ask your self what your purpose is in life, and I guarantee anyone who is suicidal doesn't know their purpose so don't you want to find out?

• Suicide takes a lot of strength.

Suicide goes against everything evolution programmed your body to do, which is survive so that you can pass on your genes to the next generation. It also takes a considerable amount of mental strength to not only decide that there's nothing worth living for and no chance of that changing, but that you should do something so permanent about it. This is not to say that it's a wise choice (trust me, it isn't), but it is not an easy or weak one.

• No, people who attempt or do, are not weak.

Actually, depression is a chemical imbalance. That's like saying that a person with a leg cramp or the cold is emotionally weak. And, like Gilesthewizard stated, you're pretty damn strong and brave if you could kill yourself. But, this doesn't mean to kill yourself because it "proves" your strong.
    Whats strong is staying alive, but committing suicide isn't weak either.

• Quite the opposite

I tried to commit suicide once. I couldn't. A truly weak person would not be able to make the decision to end their life. Only somebody with a strong will would be able to do that- because once you do, it's over. You can't "un-die". What happens after you die? Heaven? Hell? Reincarnation? Nobody knows. Maybe nothing happens. Maybe you're just gone forever. Tell me, could a weak person make that choice, and face the possibility of eternal torture (if you're a Catholic) or eternal nothingness? Would you be strong enough to do it, even if there's a good chance that there isn't something waiting for you on the other side?

• No, people that commit suicide are not considered weak

I don't think that this is true because everyone may commit suicide for different reasons. Just because someone commits suicide doesn't always meant that they are weak or have give up on life. Some people may be clinically sick or psychologically damaged when making the conscious choice to commit suicide, but not weak off the bat.

• No they are not!

Do not get me wrong, I can see how people would automatically say that "Ohh they were just weak and could not hold on any longer". But in my mind, sometimes people are just angry, fed up, sick and tired, annoyed, and out of ideas and inspiration. That is not weakness in my eyes.

• No not really

Suicide is not acceptable but I mean some people are not as strong as others and some are just trapped and that's the only way out. People shouldn't act like they know what's going on in one persons mind or that a decision is easy because you are not them and you have no idea what it means to them. I mean suicide does not take strength but nether does not committing suicide. If someone has had the silver spoon all their life then they would not understand people who commit suicide. And I have never been depressed or anything I'm just trying to put myself in someone who has shoes.

• No not really

• This is how it is

It's hard enough for the people to get up and begin another day, but I give them props, they stayed strong for so long but sometimes it's too much. And so what if they're "selfish"? I know it'll hurt everyone but what about how I feel? I want to be selfish for once. It isn't up to anyone for the actions of others, if they want to go then let it be. You did your best to support that person, but it's not up to you if they stay or go..

• Selfish and weak

Suicide is definitely not the most courageous thing you can do in life! The most courageous thing you can do in life is to protect and care about your family and friends! You don't have to be strong to take a bullet in the head. That's just an escape instead of facing life and future.

• Wow so insensitive

I am fighting so hard to not relapse again you think that doesn't take strength!?! These scars on my body won't heal and people like me have stuff that made them like me! Watch what you say before you say it. Your strength and support can also be your weakness