• Yes, It is Weak

Yes, I think that it is weak. So many people struggle to survive every day, and these pampered, infantile weaklings just end it because "they don't want to live anymore". News flash. Millions of people have died for reasons beyond their control. Only idiots die within their control for such selfish reasons. However, there are people who commit suicide for the betterment of others (i.E. Help people out of a fire, but dying in the process). Now that isn't weakness at all, that's pure strength.

• It is always going to be easier than perseverance

It doesn't matter how difficult it is to persevere, life is not supposed to be easy, and someone who has forced them self to persevere even when the odds are against them and they would much rather simply kill them self than continue, then they will, eventually, emerge more resilient than 99% of people.

• Can't stand for themselves

Life teaches us many important lessons in life, one of the more important ones is to never give up and to always follow your dreams. If you are faced with a problem you shouldn't quit, back down, and end your life. In those kinds of situations you need to face your problems head on with a never give up attitude (and in a kind manner as well)! Remember we have the potential to be whatever we want to be! Do you really want to be known as the one who killed themselves because they couldn't take the situation life has thrown at you?

• Its cowardly and pathetic

How can you possibly call it brave? There is nothing brave about it! These people are struggling? Right. We should be more sympathetic to their pain. Everyone struggles and has pain. But most people deal with it and try to make themselves better people. Not these people though they just want to end it. Its not bravery because they know this is the quickest way to end it all. Its heartbreaking knowing people would leave their friends and family the burden of knowing they killed themselves.

• Its cowardly and pathetic

• Suicide is cowardly indeed

How can you call your self strong if you aren't even strong enough to face reality. Yes, things might have gotten harder for you then others, but suicide is NEVER the answer. Think of it like this, life has a purpose, karma can either be your worst enemy or best friend depending on the choices you make in life. If you do everything right, and you are working hard, then all the bad will go away, but if all you do is wrong and things get difficult, suffer the consequences because u put yourself there, but don't run away from it by killing yourself,that is one thing only,cowardly.

• Suicide is NOT courageous

How can you say killing yourself is courageous when you don't even have the courage to live? The driving force behind suicide is not courage, it's cowardice. They want to escape reality, to run away without facing their problems. I am not saying that the act of suicide is not understandable, I do understand why people do it. But it's wrong to say its a brave thing to do when it's clearly not. It LOOKS brave because you're seeing it on the surface, but the thought behind the action is cowardly.

• Suicide is NOT courageous

• Suicide takes a lot of strength.

Suicide goes against everything evolution programmed your body to do, which is survive so that you can pass on your genes to the next generation. It also takes a considerable amount of mental strength to not only decide that there's nothing worth living for and no chance of that changing, but that you should do something so permanent about it. This is not to say that it's a wise choice (trust me, it isn't), but it is not an easy or weak one.

• No, people who attempt or do, are not weak.

Actually, depression is a chemical imbalance. That's like saying that a person with a leg cramp or the cold is emotionally weak. And, like Gilesthewizard stated, you're pretty damn strong and brave if you could kill yourself. But, this doesn't mean to kill yourself because it "proves" your strong.
    Whats strong is staying alive, but committing suicide isn't weak either.

• Quite the opposite

I tried to commit suicide once. I couldn't. A truly weak person would not be able to make the decision to end their life. Only somebody with a strong will would be able to do that- because once you do, it's over. You can't "un-die". What happens after you die? Heaven? Hell? Reincarnation? Nobody knows. Maybe nothing happens. Maybe you're just gone forever. Tell me, could a weak person make that choice, and face the possibility of eternal torture (if you're a Catholic) or eternal nothingness? Would you be strong enough to do it, even if there's a good chance that there isn't something waiting for you on the other side?

• No, people that commit suicide are not considered weak

I don't think that this is true because everyone may commit suicide for different reasons. Just because someone commits suicide doesn't always meant that they are weak or have give up on life. Some people may be clinically sick or psychologically damaged when making the conscious choice to commit suicide, but not weak off the bat.

• No they are not!

Do not get me wrong, I can see how people would automatically say that "Ohh they were just weak and could not hold on any longer". But in my mind, sometimes people are just angry, fed up, sick and tired, annoyed, and out of ideas and inspiration. That is not weakness in my eyes.

• Im not weak

Think about it. If I'm gone, then you would say that I was weak for "running away from life". But it was because of people like that that would have made me want to do it. The ignorance of the fact that people who say I am weak for wanting to end things because they make my life hell is a cycle. It can't be broken. It can only be observed and/or lived.

• Im not weak

• Im not weak

• No suicide in no way weak. Nor selfish.

No ones tribulations are insignificant. You truly don’t know what that persons going through, so it’s not your place to judge. You may have experienced something you believe is similar, but everyone’s experience is their own. Manic depression is a serious issue. A huge percentage of society doesn’t even addresss it,, because it’s a “touchy” subject, being too emotional is frowned upon by a lot of people. It’s so considered “weak”.. Therefore causes the person that’s suffering to feel more alone than ever. Everyone is so quick to say it’s selfish, but fail to realize it’s not about THEM nor anyone else for that matter .

• Shaming the struggling because they're struggling

Kicking those who are struggling with life _because_ they're struggling with life just contributes to the shame that drives suicide in the first place. The way we talk about those who struggle says everything about who we are. We don't live for other people. We live for ourselves. If someone has lost their reason to live, it's NOT our job to judge, because in the end it's none of our business. I do, however, believe that no person genuinely wants to die. It's all driven by shame and fear and the loss of hope for the future. I can't MAKE someone live, and I can't live for other people. But I CAN help someone see that life gets better. I can do my best to make someone feel truly seen.