• Yes I Do

Someone who cusses is not using a filter on what they're saying. They're not trying to pretty up what they're saying, and not trying to find a 'nice' way to express thoughts. I personally find that if I'm in a conversation where I need to refrain from using any profanity, I'm more likely to be less than honest, as I'm already having to consciously filter what I'm saying.

• Swearing shows an extreme interest in the topic of discussion to the point of devotion.

If someone swears, it shows that they have a strong opinion about a subject, and believe that they need to show it in a more ration sense. People who swear are usually more honest, as they will speak their minds when they feel like it needs to be said, whether its harsh it not is another opinion

• Definitely More Honest

I feel like this is obvious. If you consciously censor yourself in situations where swearing isn't taboo (elementary school, job interview, etc) then that is a lie in itself. You are presenting a behavior that is not what you actually would present if you had no inhibitions. People who swear aren't trying to keep up an image like people who don't, and therefore are more honest because they don't care about peoples reactions. People who don't swear are worried about pleasing everyone, and will lie just so they don't rock the boat.

• To a degree.

Yes, people who swear, to my own experience, do tend to be more honest and straight forward. These people are usually very intelligent, but many times their vocabulary is shut down by people around them and may resort to swears as a way to get the point across as it conveys anything from importance of a situation to importance of an event to the person themselves. I will note however; I did say, "tend to be" for a reason, as some people merely swear as a means to sound "cool" or to make themselves seem bigger than they really are. I've also seen that people who swear, more often then not, tend to be more blunt and succinct with their answers, if, you were to cut out their swears.

• Diplomacy is not their drive to win popularity

People who don't worry so much about being politically correct tend to swear more in my experience which leads them to be more honest on which they speak of. They tend not to worry about diplomacy to win agreement & likeness so much as speaking their truth good or bad is of importance.

• Yes but only with their self'-expression

The studies that come close to something that can be perceived as showing more honesty is in "self-expression". But it doesn't conclude they are really a more honest person: it doesn't find that they are less likely to steal, or cheat on a test, or lie to you, etc... They simply are less concerned with what you think about their personal way of expressing themselves, which can be a form of honesty, but only a small portion of what we look for in a honest trustworthy persons.

Studies do show that cursing can help relieve pain, illicit feelings of power and control and even receive it from other because of its use. It can allow for non-violent retribution, provide humor, plus allow for better peer and social bonding.

Also, it can provide psychological and physical health: benefits of swearing include increased circulation, elevated endorphins, and an overall sense of calm, control, and well-being. The key is to do it sparingly and not to get angry at the same time, which is found to be very bad for you.

• Yes, more honest.

People who curse don't hold back. People who don't hold back aren't lying. They have nothing to hide. They aren't trying to pretend to be something. They also are not trying to make something sound good. While some may find it offensive, that does seem silly. They are just words.

• I'm agree with you

I'm agree with you because most of intelligent people use swear words and it shouldn't be weird. I'm writing this because some near of the country I wanna see results. Please don't waste my time or I'm gonna find you and kiss you :) ok ok I'm joking huh now it's 50

• Yes they are

People who swear are less concerned with what people think of them and can therefore speak more honestly. People who swear are not afraid to convey emotion like shock, dismay, excitement, and interest in a public way. People who swear want you to know what they think more than they want you to like them.

• Say what you mean.

If your reaction is to swear, and yet you do not. How are you being honest? A person who swears is being more honest because he/she is actually saying what they mean, instead of something different. If you stub you toe and yell $#!@ your being honest, if you stub your toe and say... Oh golly gee, you might not be so honest. I use this example because it is scientifically proven that swearing reduces pain!

• Absolutely no difference!

Using swear words has nothing to do with a person's honesty. Who came up with this opinion? You are either honest or not. Period. Perhaps using foul language has something to do with not being able to find the proper word to explain yourself. It also has nothing to do with intelligence. You are either intelligent or not.

• Swearing is offensive.

Swearing shows a lack of respect for the people around you and a lack of judgement as often people who swear will not filter what they are saying in public places or around children. People who do not have respect for their peers are often more dishonest disloyal and untrustworthy.

• Swearing is offensive.

• Deception of the Swear Word

Swear words make one's argument or perspective more persuasive, but does not necessarily make it more true or honest. In fact, the use of emotionally charged words can actually be more deceptive.

For example, people can vie for more sympathy and support through swear words because they may seem more honest to others.

Studies have shown that swear words do provide emotional relief. However, emotions build on one another, so the emotions released through swear words may exaggerate someone's actual emotions.

• Deception of the Swear Word

• Swearing can be a Negative or Positive expression. It is Ultimately a lack of the patience or ability to find proper word to use

The mere fact that one swears when speaking leaves a lot for the listener to assume or translate into their own meaning. If you are someone who communicates honestly, it therefore means that you would honest want people to understand clearly what you are saying and that how you have said it hasn't been offensive or ambiguous. There are many normal descriptive words to add color to our conversations and life and these words are unlimited. We can even make up words that are not viewed as expletives or swear words. Why would you swear then??? It all boils down to culture and practice and the societal norms that are endured in the social circles that we are a part of. Yes it seems hypocritical, check it out... Someone of Influence or popularity swears and it is accepted, spoken of or even copied. Does it indicate whether the person is honest or not??

• No Not Really...

I've met plenty of people who lie and cheat while cussing. I don't find it very professional or classy to cuss. I don't get angry when people do it around me, but my personal views are that it's just as easy to be a liar when you cuss as it is to be a liar without cursing. Don't use it as an excuse to be profane. Everyone lies even if it's a small lie. Just because someone has a dirtier way of saying the truth doesn't mean that it's any more true than someone who uses appropriate language.

• Lower Morally Conscience

In theory, if you lack the morals to keep from cussing than why would you than have the morals to tell the truth. Usually, people make a conscience effort not to swear, generally because they feel it's wrong and/or it is lacking in class. Wouldnt they also feel the same about lying?

• Things not always what they appear

If you're in the habit of swearing then if you find yourself in a situation where swearing is inappropriate ... Like a serious job interview... You will appear less Jeanine or honest because you're going to be struggling to not use the fowl language you're accustomed to,.. A "filter". Swearing more does not make you more honest, a person who doesn't use profanity is not having to use a "filter" to avoid swearing. You get a reputation for honesty by being honest, Honesty doesn't always come easily or feel good or flow out of you by just speaking your mind.

• No they aren't.

People who swear are more likely to be more honest when it comes to insulting, backbiting and expressing their "honest" opinion about someone they don't like, but that doesn't mean they're more likely to be honest where it really counts, like in an interview or on a CV.

Lying is not good in any case, but this warped idea of speaking the truth which entails offending others and being abrasive doesn't make a person honest.

It's better to keep quiet regarding individuals we may not like than to swear and use vulgar language about them under the pretext of being honest.