• Yes, yes it does

Alright, so if you swear you show that you don't care for a filter and so ypu are more likely to say the truth. How dose this work you might say, well are you more truthful to your friends then your parents. When talking to friends you more likely to swear wile with you parents you most likely to not swear also you lie to get out of trouble with your parents. But hay it your opinion even tho your wrong

• More honest than not.

Thos that use "Swear Words" in conversations generally are more honest and sincere than those who carefully chose or craft their words. However, they are ALSO more crass, uncouth and generally lack the decorum necessary to succeed in civilized societies. A perfect match for these types are urban areas where Rap music is the preferred choice of the inhabitants.

• Its 100% TRUE

Listen in my work we are encouraged to drop F bombs and say shit all the time so you feel more confident to speak your mind and what not. But its true, you swear to get you point across if you have to say "your a fucking idiot" "i fucking love you"

• Swearing is good

If your reaction is to swear, and yet you do not. How are you being honest? A person who swears is being more honest because he/she is actually saying what they mean, instead of something different. If you stub you toe and yell $#!@ your being honest, if you stub your toe and say... Oh golly gee, you might not be so honest. I use this example because it is scientifically proven that swearing reduces pain!

• Use your head

The reason why is because most people who curse more have more description of there life thats messed up so they persuade people because of there angry life so looking at that have you ever wanted to be heard to the bare bones that you burst and curse a few times.

• Swear words are just words that we gave a bad meaning to.

A lot of people are stuck to the ideology that swear words are inappropriate and immature. However, swear words are just words that express more emotion. People make swear words seem bad because they make swear words seem bad. For example, the word faggot meant a bundle of sticks, and now it means a homosexual man and an overused insult.

• Swearing is more honest

If u swear ur more Likley to speak your mind its a way of expressing freedom of speech instead of keeping quite. Swearing can also help with pain release. What I think should happen is that u should swear some times but not abuse it like swearing all the time because at the end of the day it's just some words

• People are who they are

I tell you what? I cuss like a freight train!!! I say every cuss word about 200+ times on a daily basis, and i am an honest man, i work everyday to support my family, and about cussing, everyone is entitled to the way they live and no one should judge them, its no ones place to say this or that, and the way i see it, if u dont like it, then dont talk to me, and also to add to that... Im not a druggie, im not an alcoholic, i am your average working man, i didnt graduate school, i just live my life full of excitement and if my foul mouth "OFFENDS" anyone, then i dont care... DONT TALK TO ME!!! Ive dealt with all kinds of people and i give everyone a chance, but this world is full of hypocrites and people who just want to blow things out of proportion just cause they want to... Now everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i repsect that completely!!! When im around people that dont cuss it kills me to watch my tongue... But i respect them cause they dont want to hear... Its like a tolerance and the object of the matter is to find out who u can and cannot do it around. And about the honesty... I cuss just cause im happy and cussing somehow to me makes my happiness meter shoot up... I guess everyone is different and unique in their own way, but i feel in this argument though... WE are all RIGHT and WRONG for the RIGHT and WRONG reasons... Its just human nature... Thats why we different cliches' of people, just find who matches you and go about your life... I guess that kinda sums it up?

• I approve of this.

I swear more than a sailor, and people say I am one of the most honest and trust worthy person they have met. I look around and notice that me being a swearing machine has not protruded into my soul and made me a bad person, It actually made me better.

• I think yes

Because people that curse are more honest and are more relatable than other people and are more open minded and also that they are not afraid to say their true opinion. I mean yes,i do curse. But only when it is in an opinion or if it's to something relatable.

• You really do not need to curse to tell people your opinion.

How is using swear words making you more honest? Personally I don't curse yet I try to be as honest as possible. You really do not need to curse to tell people your opinion. I can easily say I don't like that jacket, or I think you should stay out without cursing and I'm still being honest.

• No They Aren't

People who swear are just as honest as everyone else in the world. Those that swear are not more moral, truthful, or righteous than anyone else. I really do not see how much a person swears would be a determining factor of how honest an individual is. Swearing isn't a good indicator of who lies and who doesn't/

• Rather a rage of aggression

Swearing is a result of aggression! Aggression can not be defined as honesty. Why would honesty need aggressive outburst. Honesty is aggressively spoken about during demonstrations or where its acceptability is less. Swearing in is creating pressure on the other to make you point acceptable. Swearing only causes bad image.

• Why I view swearing as not so honest.

It is biblical to have pure speech..So people most likely who are not swearing most likely do not lie because they are following after God who said be holy because I am holy. And ton's more verse's to support how a person who is living to be that doesn't practice it daily because you would be sinning on some level and people who are trying to be pure wouldn't do something to hurt themselve's to separate them from the Holy Father. So to repent is to not do it over and over and swearing is not pure speech and being honest is a Godly attribute.

• This Is False

People who tend to use swear words are no more truthful than people who don't use them. In fact, people who use profanity are more likely to be lying as using profanity shows that there is a higher level of emotion being used. "Usually" when people are more emotional, they're irrational, which means they may be speaking from feelings and not truths as emotions are deceitful.

• Would it make any sense?

Does that mean that people who watch what they say are more dishonest? I dont see how people who cant think of explanatory words to say are more honest. I would trust the guy who talks the most educated not the one who cant even freakin say freakin words.

• Swearing don't make you honest.

I have been around both swearing and people that don't swear all my life. Most of the people that swear all the time are very dishonest. They steal , do drugs, and don't work. Usually they are swearing because things don't go right for them. They swear at people that have things in life but are unwilling to leave the drugs alone to get a job. And if they manage to get one they lose it because they fail a random drug test , just didn't feel like going to work, or they spent all their money and they don't have gas some don't even have a car. Their children and everyone around them suffer. Well that is my experience with swearing people. I also have conducted surveys for studies and have found that not everyone that conducts the surveys are honest. Guess what most of the ones that swear are the ones that lose their jobs for not following the procedure for conducting the survey...Go figure.

• No they aren't. There's no real proof (e.G.: scientific studies) to support the claim that people who swear more are more honest.

No they aren't. There's no real proof (e.G.: scientific studies) to support the claim that people who swear more are more honest.

There have been a number of attempts (behavioral studies) to actually answer this question.
    So far the results have been inconclusive. The "proofs" and "arguments" presented here (on debate.Org) by those who claim that people who swear more are more honest are anecdotal (at most), biased and statistically irrelevant.

Swearing is, in lots of cases:
    - an emotional outburst (correlated with various things, like the need to draw attention, for example)
    - an automatism (a behavioral routine)
    etc

Swearing is not a calculated decision to try to be more honest. In fact, some of the best liars (sociopaths, psychopaths, etc) are known to use swearing to emphasize a point of view or to try to dominate an audience.

• Depends on the individual

The environment you grew up in as well as genetics determines honesty. First hand experience tells me this. My ex and I grew up in the city where swearing is normal. As I got older I tried to control it more. He did not. After we married, I picked the habit up again. This man was extremely abusive, and cheated numerous times. He would do and say things and then twist it around to blame me for the problem. Even though I knew it would anger him in to want to fight with me I would always stand my ground and tell him exactly what was going on. Two of my children share this trait.
    What you have been taught, who your role models are, also plays a big part. It is on the news daily. These criminals swearing up a storm. They are not honest.

• Swearing is a lack of education or creativity

There is a time and a place for swearing and in mixed company it is generally discouraged. This is common knowledge and taught to most respectable people. When used in stand-up comedy, it may be used to gain or maintain attention; but when used against someone, especially a young or vulnerable person, it can be devastating. Cursing is always a choice and not always well applied.