Are people who use the Opinions section total wusses who are too afraid to actually debate something and defend their opinion?

Asked by: MassiveDump
  • I guess so...

FREEDOM OF SPEECH NO ACTUAL SUBSTANCE TO THIS POST WILL NOT DEFEND IN DEBATE ALL PEOPLE ON OTHER SIDE R IDOIOOOTS NOOOO WHY AM I IN ALL CAPS THIS IS NOT FUNNNNN IM GOIGN TO GO TELL THE DDO (The remainder of this post was censored by the DDO elite)

• No it is not.

Opinions are exactly what they are; opinions. It can be used to get the 'other' side of the coin without feeling that you're left out of the discussion because your worldview is not held by the majority. Also, you are NOT a 'wuss' if you leave your opinion. You are guilty of Ad Hominem.

• No, because of something...

... Called accounts. If you don't have an email account, no Debate.Org Membership for you. I think that it gives people a chance to comment on subjects without an account. It really is awesome, because I was one of the ones who used it without an account. You still defend your opinion, just not one-on-one debating.

• My existence in the opinions

Proves that this is not the case. I clearly use the opinion section and have over 150 completed debates. I am not too afraid to actually debate something and defend my opinion. There are actually other members in this very opinion (all saying "no") that have done debates, and even multiple debates.

To see what is really going on, a challenge has been issued.

Http://www.Debate.Org/debates/Opinion-users-are-wusses/1/

• I use both

I like the fact that DDO offers three different ways to discuss ideas. Forums for those who want to have an open discussion with anyone who wants to contribute, Opinions for those who want a little more structure about the discussion, and debates for those that enjoy the formal debate structure. I have used all three, but I generally dislike the free-for-all nature of forums, and the rigid format of debates sometimes frustrates me.

AnonyFeline says2013-07-13T05:06:32.710
Some prefer open discussion as a form of debate, rather than direct confrontation.