Are Percy Jackson books better than Harry Potter books?

Asked by: devki
  • Percy Jackson is Darker, and Better

Ok, let me just start this out by saying I ADORE Harry Potter and it was the first fandom I joined, and it really sticks with me, unlike other fandoms. And, Harry Potter is quite dark, but in a more, emotional way. If you've read House of Hades, you'll see that there are aspects of it that are horrifying, and there are some parts, especially Nico's, that were almost nauseatingly scary the first time I read them. One Example is when Nico confesses to having a crush on Percy. He is scared, and manipulated, to the point that for a while, I didn't know if he was 'good' anymore. Then again, I really like dark books, so I'm a bit biased. Another point is diversity. There has always been a slightly ongoing battle in the HP fandom about sexualities, race, sexism, and just pretty controversial subjects. In PJO and more so HOO, there are children with conflicted sexualities (see House of Hades), Racial diversity (examples: Leo, Reyna, Hylla, Frank, Hazel, Piper, Drew, Charlie, Ethan, and possibly Percy himself. (There are many theories going around that he's South Asian, but idk). And in that way, it's so PERFECT, cause it goes to show that all these people are people, and they can have terrible, HORRIBLE, flaws, but that is what makes them human, (not fully, though).

• Persassy is awesome

I am obsessed with both series, but I must admit, Percy is funnier and more lovable. Percy has gone on many quests, sneaking out of camp (risking his life while doing that, btw, the harpies are vicious), and saved the ENTIRE FREAKING WORLD, not just the WiZARDING world, like Harry. Harry has never "snuck" out of Hogwarts. In the last book, Harry has not even gone to Hogwarts; he never snuck out. Percy is also related to A GOD. Harry... Beat that.

• Percy Jackson is something that I've grown up with.

Telling me that Harry Potter has "more depth" and that Percy Jackson is "so predictable" really annoys me. I wonder why people forget everything that they read, especially when it comes to Percy Jackson.

Percy Jackson grew up just like Harry Potter did. Albeit in a more subtle way (since this is really pointed more towards a younger audience), but it still gave readers an awesome feeling. People, even people on the Percy Jackson side, forget about things that happen in Percy Jackson. It isn't all humor. Percy learns a great deal on his journey. People die. He gets blamed for the death of someone important to one of the main supporting characters, someone who ends up changing drastically because of the death. Every single one of these deaths affect him.

He learns that sometimes you need to accept your current situation. He learns that there are people you can't trust, and that things change. He learns, especially, not to give up. There was a certain part of the last book that really showed this, and it was when he gave Hestia Hope, telling her that Hope survives best at the Hearth.
    I love the surprises in the book, too. People overlook Percy Jackson as a book that only hits the surface. Harry Potter, in comparison, is really deep. But Percy Jackson has character growth. Take a look at Nico D'angelo. He's gone through the death of his sister, and he realized that he should have never trusted Percy in the first place. He loses faith in the main character. And it hurts Percy. I can't think of one moment where this happens in Harry Potter.

There is so much more that I can say about Percy Jackson, but I think no one will read this if it's too long. Please read this. It actually makes more sense than just: PJO ALL THE WAYYYYYY!!!

• I like Percy Jackson books because

Pj rocks thats all i can say . Percy Jackson has a high amount of humor and in harry potter the humor is pretty less compared to percy jackson
    yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yoyoyoyoyo yo yo yo yo yo yo

• I like Percy Jackson books because

• PJ all the way

Harry is too boring and hairy. Got no humor. Percy is funny and heroic. I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I. I I I

• Percy Jackson, like obviously.

Harry Potter is awesome at d beginning bot it gets boring at d end. In d PJ series d books improve. It's also more interesting and fun filled. It has made me 💜 Greek mythology. Percy Jackson is way cuter and way more interesting than HP. U get 2 know d characters better and u can actually feel wat they r thinking btw, writing a book like d Percy Jackson series is a great deal harder than d HP series. U have 2 relate everything which is really tough! I repeat : PERCY JACKSON IS WAY BETTER!!! ❤️ PJ

• Better, hero, humor, characters, plot

Percy is so much more relatable than Harry. He makes mistakes, and he has all these little flaws and goofs that make him such a character. Harry Potter doesn't really have that much humor, and Percy Jackson does, making Percy Jackson a much more enjoyable read. Plus, you really get in to the story and adventure, unlike Harry Potter, cause most of it just happens at Hogwarts. Plus there's more action. And you have so many relatable badarse heroic characters. The Percy Jackson books will stay with me forever, and will always be my favorites

• I love percy jackson

Percy Jackson is way better than harry potter because you learn more and feel like your in the scenes. Whilst harry potter has no suspence, it just goes on and on and on, it is truly boring! There are no new charecters in the opposing book when percy jackson gets new charecters in every book. Percy Jackson teaches you about how the world is, what friendship and love truly means, ancient greek history if you will! Percy jackson is more adventerous and interesting! Harry potter just keeps scaring the kids but most of harry potter has movies which completly kills all the suspense. Its a good thing that pj has only 2 movies! Percy Jackson is the best!

• Percy Jackson is better than the Harry Potter series

As much as I love Harry Potter I love the Percy Jackson better, the characters are more interesting and being the children of Gods I think that's pretty dam (pjo reference) cool. Percy Jackson isn't as dark and miserable as Harry Potter and in a lot of ways, the two stories are similar, I guess when we get to Heroes of Olympus it changes but in the percy Jackson series we have three main characters, Percy, Annabeth and Grover and in hp we have Harry, Ron and Hermione. In the last book of both series two of the main characters will eventually get together. But as far as movies go, Harry Potter is better, I've been to the actual set and it's as similar as the books, they have privet drive, the bridge, the door to the chamber of secrets and etc. the pjo movies sucked! They got the ages completely wrong, annabeth is brunette! (But at least she's blonde in s.O.M) grover is nothing like, well, grover! And don't get me started on Percy! So for the books percy Jackson is better but for the movies Harry Potter is!

• Harry Potter is beyond compare !!

On the opposite to Percy Jackson, Harry Potter is written with depth and significance. The jokes in PJ are pathetic and can make laugh only 7-year- old child. The monsters and level of their intelligence is so pitiful that makes you sick. H.P is created for more mature reader. The first books (1,2) are (I admit) written in a childish way (but way better and mature than PJ) but later on they become darker what's incredible. I also reckon that P.J. Is quite based on H.P. I know generally is differnt. P.J- greek mitology H.P- magic, wizards etc. But both books has main male character who's brave and comes to completely new world than he has known before , also he has to save the world. He has friends - smart girl who's wise and sensible and has brilliant ideas and funny boy who jokes and everything. It seems that R. Riordan found out that H.P series had turned out to be unbelievably successful so he decided to write his own books based on similiar schema. That's the truth. You may not see it because you're so in love with P.J and just you're blind or you simply have grow up.

• I love both books, but I think Harry Potter is better.

I am a HUGE Percy Jackson fan, but Harry Potter is a lot deeper, and much more in depth with characters. Also, I didn't feel that anything was rushed in the Harry Potter series, which I find cool, swing the development of characters over 7 years. But overall, they are both AMAZING series, despite differences.

• Percy Jackson all the way!

I have reed the books 7 times and cry each time when someone dies I love me next series and cry of joy when I get a new book ! It's amazing
    Thought when I read the Harry potter book you can feel that j.K Rowling has been bored and that she says hey why not kill that character there is to much explains to do so whatever but in Percy Jackson series you are meant to be there you can see it is as if you were there known the caracters all your life ,So Percy Jackson is part of my life I stared reading when I was 9 and now I am 14 I just can t get enough of it ! I love the funny titles the jokes the existent the en

• Harry Potter is much better.

The argument is self explanatory. Which book series has had more readers, more people buying the books and also which book series has been made into a more successful movie series? The answer to all of them is the Harry Potter books by J,K. Rowling. There is no more proof needed to show that they are better than the Percy Jackson.

• Percy Jackson is better because

There is actual representation in these books that is outright stated DURING the book series, while Harry Potter had an offhand comment of Dumbledore being gay. While there was no lack of chacterization in the Harry Potter series, some of the characters lacked a certain depth that would have made them more interesting, and although the characters of Percy Jackson aren't perfect, many of them are more relatable and in detail. Some of the plots in Harry Potter were frankly extremely bad ideas, such as the Snape redemption arc, for the fact that Snape wasn't a good guy, and really wasn't very much of a hero at all, and there were many more worthy characters of that title who were all of forgotten, while I found that the Percy Jackson heroes made more sense. They also have darker skinned people in Pjo, and there is an outright gay person who is in a healthy relationship with another, which is very important for many communities. The plots are different, and even though Percy Jackson is directed towards younger audiences, I believe that that is something that also makes it better, considering kids will learn about subjects they wouldn't have understood otherwise, and will be more rounded adults. Not to say that the Harry Potter series was completely terrible. It was honestly relatively good, but missed another few things. Such as it's disrespect and blatant sexism towards Lavender and other like her, since she wasn't a tomboy, or especially smart. She was undermined as a character, and I thought that J.K. Rowling should have not just degraded her and others like her. Rick Riordan didn't seem to have that problem very much, and had even the girliest people be heroes too, such as Hazel and Piper. In Harry Potter, Cho is the stereotypical Asian girl. Which is not right. People aren't stereotypes, yet it was perfectly shown in those books. I found that in Percy Jackson those stereotypes were less often seen. These are only a few of the reasons I believe Percy Jackson is better.

• It's more developed than the PJO books-

All my life, my heart had stuck towards these characters, both HP and PJO. But I believe that the main difference is that PJO is intended for younger audiences, and while it may have its moments, quirks and such, it doesn't have the same substance as HP would. HP, in my opinion, holds a much more deeper plot than PJO, with its reliance towards huge character development (PJO has their own, but not as much as HP) that we follow towards the point in which we see the characters for why they had become whom they are now (be honest, in PJO had a bit more trouble with that than HP). Plus, I'm not saying that HP is entirely better, but PJO had its major downs with its character, as in my opinion it had less of a development which is understandable as it was made to be easily followed for younger audiences (in which HP developed in a more detailed fashion as it was intended for a much more older audience than PJO was). Again, this is just an opinion, and while I love both series, I personally think that HP was better than PJO.

• Hp is better deal with it

Just look at the characters for a second. The ones in HP develop more and have lots of real flaws. While for PJO they don't really develop much and only have like one major flaw. I love PJO sure but it is nothing compared to HP. Lets look at 11 year old Harry. He couldn't even stand up to his cousin let alone stand up to his relatives. While for Percy hes always sassy and throughout the books he doesn't change. Now look at 17 year old Harry, he isn't the same kid who let his relations trod all over him. Now he can even make Uncle Vernon say please and he also laughs in his face. See, Harry developed more. Now lets look at Neville, he was a clumsy 11 year old who wasn't great at academics. Then look at him 7 years later, he's leading the Dumbledore's army and he even sliced of the head Nagini. See what i mean? #HPForDaWin :)

• Hp is better deal with it

• Hp is better deal with it

• Hp is better.

Just look at the characters for a second. The ones in HP develop more and have lots of real flaws. While for PJO they don't really develop much and only have like one major flaw. I love PJO sure but it is nothing compared to HP. Lets look at 11 year old Harry. He couldn't even stand up to his cousin let alone stand up to his relatives. While for Percy hes always sassy and throught the books he doesn't change. Now look at 17 year old Harry, he isn't the same kid who let his relations trod all over him. Now he can even make Uncle Vernon say please and he also laughs in his face. See Harry developed more. Now lets look at Neville, he was a clumsy 11 year old who wasn't great at academics. Then look at him 7 years later, he's leading the Dumbledore's army and he even sliced of the head Nagini. See what i mean? #HPForDaWin :)