• I say yes that it is accurate and showing a different beauty.

I think that the name plus sized model is kind of odd, but I also think it is accurate. If a model is deemed to be of the plus size region, then she is simply in the area in which she is being put into a specific category in her.

• Yes, some plus size models are really plus size.

Depending on where you look, there can be true plus size models used in clothing catalogs and the like. On the other hand there are women out there who are not obese and in fact can be quite fit but simply wear larger sizes. The problem is, there is a thin line of distinction here. One objective way to determine if some of these models should be considered "plus size" is if their Body Mass Index (BMI) indicates they are obese. Another way to look at it would be if they are wearing clothes larger then the average size sold to the public. I think quite a few models would pass by those two qualifications.

• They are rarely plus size

I think that it is very rare that a plus size model wears plus size clothes, for example plus size often starts at size 16 yet many of them look no bigger than 12-14. They are also meant to be relatable for the ordinary woman, yet they have perfect curves, a big bust, a big bum and a tiny waist!

• They are not plus size

I think that a plus size model rarely ever fits into the category of plus sized clothes, often they have the perfect curves; so they will have a big bust, a big bum bum and a tiny waist. As plus sized models are meant to be relatable, this isn't often the case for ordinary women.

• Plus size models are "average" size

I think that it's disturbing to the mental and physical health of young women to witness these "average" size women being labeled as plus size. I consider myself a healthy weight with a BMI of 22, but I would probably be labeled as plus size if I were try to make it in the modeling industry.

• Plus size models are "average" size

• Most "plus size" models are NOT plus size.

At a size 20, I am plus size. Plus size indicates people who are "average" plus a bit more. Most models I've seen in media that are labeled plus size, simply are not. Believe it or not it does make a huge difference. It runs the gamut from the way we expect our clothes to look to the mental stress of a negative self perception. I won't speculate where the distinction should be but in my opinion women that are size 10-12 just don't cut it. If we want beautiful plus size models, we should look to Velvet D'amour and the like.

• They are clearly not plus size.

Anyone who has ever been plus sized or even close to plus size knows that these women are far from it. Look at their arms. No flab. Look at their faces. No double chins (or even extra flab hanging below the chin). Plus size models ought to be people that actually wear plus size clothing in every day life. Not 10s or even 14s. BMI is not an accurate indicator of plus size, because muscle mass can make up for a lack of flab, so someone who is technically obese may wear a 12 or 14. It does damage to the body image of plus size women when they try on clothes from the women's department and are dismayed that they look nothing like the models in the catalogs. How disappointing that the fashion industry has no ability to portray women naturally and truthfully.

• They are clearly not plus size.

• Plus size is in the eye of the beholder

Unfortunately plus size fashion models are still mostly size 6-10. You know, a healthy, normal female size? In many of the "plus" size fashion shows, this is the range of women. I think most of us would look at these women and not categorize them as "plus" size, yet that is still the image that is fed by the fashion industry.

• No, probably not.

No, I don't think that plus size models are all really plus size. Many plus size models I have seen on television and in magazines just look maybe a little bit overweight, but nothing major. For the most part, they just look like an average person. I think that an actual plus size woman would not be hired as a model, unfortunately.

• Many plus size models are really perfect sized people.

I can't believe that so many plus-sized models are actually classified as plus-size! When I am looking through store ads or magazines and I notice the term "Women-Size" or 'Plus-Size" more often than not I find myself looking at a very healthy looking woman. I actually find it insulting that a healthy weight women would be but in that category.