Are police abuse and misconduct reporting projects, like that undertaken by the Cato Institute, helping to reign in this type of activity by law enforcement officials?

• Yes, of course they are.

Police abuse and misconduct reporting projects, like that undertaken by the Cato Institute, are absolutely helping reduce the amount of police misconduct. We need more projects like this to pop up all over the country. If you had one in every city, imagine the great changes it would bring. Le'ts just hope.

• Yes, I believe polce abuse and misconduct reporting projects are reducing this type of activity.

In today's age where everyone has a camera and a sound recorder police are more mindful then ever that their conduct can get them into trouble if they act out of line, I believe reporting police abuse and misconduct helps us build a more professional police force that respects the rights of it's citizens more.

• Keep them honest

Not all cops are evil abusers of power, but some are, and somebody needs to keep an eye on them to deter them from some of their actions. When people are made aware of abuses of power, future ones are less likely to happen, for that reason these serve a purpose.

• It Is Doubtful

I do not believe police abuse and misconduct reporting projects, like the one undertaken by the Cato Institute, are helping to reign in that type of activity by law enforcement officials. I believe there are a few law enforcement officials out there who are willing to bribe and slander other citizens. It happens and I'm doubtful it will change.

• The police are defiant.

While there have been increased visibility of police misconduct in the media thanks to these projects, nothing else has changed. Well, at least not for the better. The police know that it's their word against a suspect, and that they'll usually get a pass for their behavior. The abuse is now widely known, but so what?