• Yes, the police are killing people on purpose in Brazil.

The Brazilian police have killed over 1500 people in the last few years. Many believe that the police in Brazil are killing people on purpose. Maybe they are under pressure to secure Rio for the 2016 Olympics, or maybe there is a more sinister reason. It is likely that many of these police killings were on purpose.

• Given the numbers, it seems so

When there's a 135% increase in killings from the past year, it's probably a yes. With that many killings, it's hard to believe there's been some sort of judicial/criminal process before the people were killed. I'm guessing it has to do with cleaning up the streets before the Olympics, but maybe doing it the quickest way possible.

• Police are killing people in Brazil

I believe that police are killing people on purpose in Brazil. The reason I believe this is because they are on high alert, since there have been 114 police killed in Rio De Janeiro alone in 2014. Although I do not support the police's brutality, I understand how they may be afraid of being killed themselves and that may have caused them to act offensively for their own protection.

• No, the police are not killing people on purpose in Brazil

No, the police are not killing people on purpose in Brazil. The fact that a large number of people have been killed by the police in Brazil may signify that they have gotten into criminal activity at higher rates or that the country is cracking down on violent crime. The police, however, are not intentionally killing people.