Are police more dangerous to the public than criminals?

• Those who have the power to corrupt and get away with it.

When people are in a position of power they also have the option to abuse it. I'm a witness to this very corruption. Police were called to my street for a gang fight amoung minors. A family member of mine tells me to call the police, I do. (At this point im going to call her Jenna.) Jenna goes outside on her own property and tells the minors "Go home, the police will be here shortly." Jenna notices broken pipe on property, goes to throw it in the trash (she had her hand on the lid at the curb). Two male cops have their hands ON their weapons, yelling @ Jenna to drop the weapon. Jenna complies and drops it on the floor beside her. Both cops proceed to arrest Jenna and she does not resist. One cop repeatedly kicks Jenna several times with steel toe boots below the knees while her left hand is rung by him behind her back (he continues to kick). At the same time the other cop is pulling her arm back and in the air. She screams "YOUR BREAKING MY ARM." Cop on the left puts his right leg in front of Jenna's left leg to trip her (Mind you she has not once resisted. These cops did not coordinate what they were doing.) She loses her center of balance and they all fall. First the cops knee makes contact with the floor then Jenna's chest with the full weight of both cops on top of her. They get the handcuffs on her, take her to Jail and I show up at the hearing to get the charges. The charged her with 1 count of Obstruction ($10,000) and 2 counts of Assault against a police officer ($5000 x2). So Jenna ends up with $20k against her and possibly 20 years in prison because the police officers lied in the police report saying that Jenna hit them with a pipe. There were 3 witnesses that saw the whole thing including myself that could prove that the officers were lying and that Jenna was fully Compliant. Jenna gets a lawyer and after 2 years the County drops the charges in the hopes that she does not sue them for police brutality, emotional & physical damage, as well as corrupting her good name. She served in the military for over 17 years and is an upstanding citizen. And after all she's been through she continues to be a great role model.

• Generally speaking, yes

Alot of the so called criminals are really not that much of a threat. They are a nusance and do harm society, but it is those with power who abuse it that are the true threat, and in capitalist countries, the police are used to uphold the laws that were made by the corporations, and do not represent the interests of the common person. I have seen numerous amounts of times how cops will assault someone, and then accuse the victim of assaulting the cop. Not only are they corrupt, and hurt people, but they try to twist the story around.

• Not here to protect and serve. They are to violate and hurt.

Police officers violate people's rights and a lot of them don't even follow the law, it's like the police academy makes killing machines, not protectors, they are very aggressive, rude people, they will cuss and yell at you for anything, senseless, don't know what sympathy is and the whole police enforcement must be rearranged.

• For a fact: academies teach lying, cheating, and rule breaking to all new recruits

Two very good friends with family lineage of Law Enforcement Officers decline to join the force after graduating their respective academies.
    I am 66 and was arrested on an old very minor traffic charge. . When I refused to sign a promise to appear rather I elected to see a judge, I was drug out of my cell by 3 big mean deputied and beaten. Broken ribs and a concussion documented. It is inconceivable to me that 3 large officers would beat an old skinny peaceful man as they did. Today, every person is considered a perpetrator by Officers, and when faced with civil right lawsuits lie and manipulate the record. I have seen absolute power corrupts absolutely with about 70% of the encounters I have had with law enforcement. I am not a ctiminal, only have minor infraction violations. Wake up people. Sit in your cushy homes and believe the lie.

• A hi tech gang that can plunder and kill indiscriminately, without supervision or consequence.

What more needs to be said? My bias is that the criminals debated over whether to beat me up before taking all my money, while the cops & courts _kept asking for more_ after they emptied my wallet. 'nolo contendere'.

If there were 'good cops', as we keep hearing about, why aren't they arresting the murdering ones? On the rare occasion a cop shows any humanity toward humans, they're long retired or about to get fired.

• Not all criminals make a living on extortiom

Police departments run on ticketing traffic infractions which you pay to fight or pay and cops don't even need evidence other than their word, they don't even need radar guns, just a few weeks training. Also cops keep cops from facing criminal charges. You rarely see a cop who does something like shooting am unarmed person face criminal charges.

• When a real civil uprising takes hold

When a real civil uprising takes hold cops will pee their little pink panties and cry for mommy to save them from the big tough citizens. They'll hide like the worthless gutless scum they are. If Trump was of any value he'd have the FBI in every city investigate every police department, and cops who have murdered innocent citizens to be immediately executed by the electric chair and those who have covered up the crimes be sentenced to life imprisonment never to be released. Let the criminals get at them without let up.

• Why Trump got elected

What ever happens with Trump in the next four years will be a matter of history, but he got elected because he's precieved to be an outsider of the system that rules many millions of angry people. Angry with government heave handed domination, and the cops as a big "brand" name are the poster child- the enforcers of that system that has hurt and abused millions of people for a long time. So the people lashed out in their self defense and voted for the outsider. The underlying problems and solutions in the country are much more complex and deeply rooted than can be remedied with any one person or election.
    As for police - they all need to have the foundation of their duty changed and be retrained. Too many times people have been victims of police crimes; yet the first time is when it's wrong not the tenth or twentieth. " I was only following orders" didn't cut it at Nuremburg and it mustn't cut today or any day. All people must be held accountable for their deeds. It has been said a nation can survive great horrors yet it can never live without justice and justice for all black, white, cops, everybody.

• Live PD shows us every weekend that our civil rights mean nothing to these jack booted tnugs

I fix appliances for a living and consequently have the impression that all appliances are poorly made and maintained pieces of crap. I can understand how dealing with criminals all day would give you a poor impression of humanity but it is no excuse. Police treat everyone they encounter like they are criminals and they commonly violate people's civil rights, evoking your rights leads to persecution and harassment. I can't stand shows like cops and live PD where you see people's rights violated on a regular basis.

• Cops over Criminals

Cops aren't more dangerous to the general public. They are only dangerous to those who they feel are a threat. Cops have saved countless lives. How many live have criminals saved? If police are dangerous then are you guys saying that we need to get rid of police? This will only increase crime rates and make it so that we don't have anyone to go to when we are in trouble. It isn't fair to scapegoat the police for not being able to be everywhere and stop all criminals.

• Who ya gonna call?

Very simple answer. The next time you are being victimized by a policeman, call a criminal for help. How long would you have to wait (what is the criminal's response time? Perhaps the question itself is flawed. In my area of the country, with a population of 2.5 million there have been perhaps 1200 murders in the last 5 years and less than 3 on them were committed by policemen.

• No, absolutely not.

This is not even something to think about, as far as i'm concern criminal comes from the public, so if you want to be safe you better respect law, yes they too are human, and all human make mistakes, we should give those man and women credit for dealing with dangerous people,

i'll rather have a hard law then weak one.

• Cops over Criminals

• Action without consequence

The federal mafia is one of the most organized crime syndicate in existence. They don't *own* cops and politicians, they *are* cops and politicians. Huge difference. The first thing an aspiring cop tends to learn, should they want to actually protect and serve, is that they picked the wrong job.
    The biggest difference between a cop and a common criminal is that the cop has legal protection to misbehave as he pleases. That makes the cop far more dangerous. It's a difference between action with- or without consequence. The latter makes it easy to feel you can abuse your position and get away with almost anything.

• What is wrong with you people?

You seriously think cops are worse than criminals? There are a lot more awful things that criminals do than what SOME cops do. We seriously need to get the image that "all cops are criminals" out of the masses' heads. They aren't all bad people. I guess we should call criminals when we need to help us from now on then. So stupid.

• What is wrong with you people?