• Yes, officers are above the law.

Do you think Flagstaff officer Jeff Bonar will be charged with aggravated assault and falsely arresting a citizen without a warrant? I doubt it. The officer should lose his job, but he is above the law like all cops. I'm sure there are many more examples of police making unlawful arrests and invoking violence when the innocent citizen resists.

• Of course they are above the law.

Police on a daily basis violate citizens Constitution rights, particularly the 2nd, 1st, and 4th Amendment via wrongful arrests for legal activity. Consider the thousands of people that are arrested for LEGALLY carrying a firearm; LEGALLY refusing a warrantless search; LEGALLY filming a cop or a public building. While there are few instances of people being awarded compensation in wrongful arrests, the vast majority of people are victimized by "law enforcement" officers who knowingly violate the law, and in fact their Constitutional oath, mostly through a corrupt IA system that will find the officer devoid of any wrongdoing. If a citizen knowingly engaged in limiting someone's Constitution rights, they would surely be prosecuted. Not so for policing for profit "officers" who could give a shit about protecting citizens. The myth that this is representative of a "few bad apples", is ridiculous. Officers of all races and both genders are far and away authoritarian neo-National Socialists who believe that they are society's "sheepdogs", which of course makes us unwashed citizens sheep.

• The "Bro Code"

Within every police force there is a "bro code". They will cover for each other no matter what. If an off duty police officer is driving drunk and gets pulled over, they will not get arrested. The other officer will take them home in the police car. If they are out in public drunk and the police are called, everyone else involved will get ticketed/arrested but the off-duty cop will walk away free. If they are pulled over for speeding while off duty - they will not get a ticket. I know this first hand - I have a cop in the family (unfortunately) and these things have happened frequently and he has been involved. He never gets arrested or ticketed. He walks away every time and so he thinks he is above the law. They are arrogant and when off duty they are the worst offenders of them all.

• I see it every day.

Speeding. No turn signals. Blowing through stop signs. Aggressive driving without emergency lights. Acting like a superior being with a chip on shoulder. Not a state trooper more like a SS trooper. When a trooper is riding your ass when your going the speed limit do you feel safe??? Your are personally responsible for your own protection because when you need seconds they are 20 minutes away. They will ticket you to generate revenue asap.

• Police officers above the law # They feel they are the law

Police officers pull people over and some of them feel that the public are their sevants. Something is backwards. Once they pull you immediately you have no rights based on their perception of being superior. They will stop you for a traffic issue and not address it and continue to go as far as asking you to get out of the car then search you and even inflict bodily harm by use of excessive force. Are they not civil sevants? Hired to serve and protect the public. It seems they have been empowered by the courts as observe arrest and take your money. Is this not a criminal activity. As a citizen once approached by an officer you have no rights and treated like a cash cow. Especially if you are a minority with a decent car. A traffic stop should not result in a search and seizure without probable cause. Stop the police brutality now.

• Riding on the sidewalk!!!!!!!

We have all seen or heard we can not ride a bicycle or skateboard let alone a motorized vehicle on the sidewalk right?.......In grants Pass Oregon i stopped a POLICE officer not PEACE but POLICE officer for riding a segway on the sidewalk and asked him if he thought he was above the law, his response was "do you have any identification?" I said excuse me but why am i supposed to show you anything when you are the one breaking the law.....His retort was he was unsured to ride his vehicle anywhere he chose and then proceeded to do the norm.....Turn around hands behind your back etc etc... Needless to say i cooperated (if i hadnt i wouldnt be writing this via some made up charge). Above the law? Yes they are.

• Riding on the sidewalk!!!!!!!

• Yes they are

Police have on numerous occasions flat out murdered people, and have not only NOT been punished but have in some cases have actually been promoted. They have been caught stealing, falsifying reports, and beating innocent bystanders. I myself was pulled over and jailed overnight because I was driving my boss's friend to In N Out and they charged me with illegal taxiing. They're all bullies, even the nice ones are really wolves in sheep's clothing. They are trained to be bullies.

• If the policemen/women were not above the all of these crimes wouldn't have happened

YES Indeed look at my 9 year old son he left home to buy an newspaper article for his father and on his way back home on the main road 2 police motorcycle were racing and they hit my little son down but praise Jesus he is alright. My child could've been dead by today because of those police officers... I am stating that these policemen cannot be doing this

• They don't have to obey traffic law themselves!

I see cops breaking traffic laws in my community all the time. They can talk on their cell phones. They make left turns for convenience while there is a no left turn sign, and they speed at will without consequence. I know this as well as I have a family member that took me to the airport one time and I said, "hey, slow down, and his response was, don't worry, I won't get a ticket.

This is what pisses me off. If the law were distributed equitably amongst all Americans, then I would have no beef with getting a ticket when I break the law. But when A cop pulls another cop over and or their spouse, children, etc, and because they can flash a badge or put a sticker on their vehicle to identify them, I think it is flat out wrong.

Like they always say, the law is the law, so if they break it, they should be held accountable as well.

Also, I don't think they are hero's. Of course, there are some who are hero's. But by and large, they are paid well to do a job, they have chosen, if it were that bad and dangerous, they would quit in droves. It doesn't happen, it is a good gig.

Stop putting them on a pedestal. They do an honorable job, but hero's; let's save it for real hero's. It dilutes the name for real people that are hero's.

• No, Police Are Held To High Standards

While not on duty, they are subject to the laws of the land just like anybody else and can be arrested like anybody else. If they are on duty and do something illegal, an internal affairs officer can investigate that abuse of power. That can lead to a criminal prosecution as well as being stripped of their badge and their gun.

Posted by: rpr
  • Of course they are above the law

In a city in New Mexico a unarmed homeless man( who is mentally ill by the way) is gunned down with an ar15 assault rifle.

In this same town a man tried to commit suicide and pours gasoline on himself. He decides not to do it only to have a man with a taser shoot him, setting him on fire and having all the mans friends watch him burn to death.

Yet again in this same town a child enjoys watching tv only to be shot to death after a women kicks in the door.

What I just described was not a murderous cult on a killing spree. But the APD police department just "doing" they're job. None of this officers have seen nary a pay decreases. And if I was to commit any of these atrocities I can easily say that a jolly copper would unload a clip into me without a second thought. So in a word, of course there above the law. And your stupid to think otherwise. What a world we live in.

• Not even the police is above the law.

I am studying Criminal Justice at school right now. Half of my teachers are either retired police officers or are still in the force today. I have heard their stories of seeing some of their partners turning into jerks because they thought they were better than everyone else. Police Officers who believe they are above the law will eventually meat their match.

• No, they are not

Police officers are not above the law. They are citizens of this country, just like the rest of us. Their job has very well defined rules and regulations. They have to abide by these rules, and follow the law. Violations do happen, but that's not right, and each case is looked into and dealt with.

• Stop Cop Bullying

Police misconduct is killing people every day, if not directly, then indirectly. There is no insurance for domestic violence and we don't have insurance for police misconduct. The tax payer pays for this and it won't stop until people start to share their stories and experience, strength and hope. Just speak up and share, share, share....Don't give up...You can get past the Police Commissioners but unless you share your story and find the right Attorney your civil rights will continue to be violated. If you live in the State of Hawaii call Joseph T. Rosenbaum, Attorney and police misconduct expert. K. Thomley, Puna, Hawaii Island

• No, they are not above the law.

Police officers probably have a stricter code of conduct to follow than we do as citizens. They not only have to adhere to all the laws we do, but in doing their jobs they have to make certain they do not violate the rights of the citizens they are dealing with.

• No, absolutely no one is above the law

Police officers must follow the law just like anyone in any other occupation. The only potential conflict of interest is that police officers are sworn to enforce the law that they must also abide by. Because of this, some police officers have abused their power and if they do, they are subject to the same penalties that everyday citizens are subject to.

• They have no legal basis

For being above the law. They may get away with crimes, but it's still illegal. Like they always say, the law is the law, so if they break it, they should be held accountable as well.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• FUCK mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

FUCK mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmm mmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mm

• This headline can help people

This is talking about how all police officer feel about their jobs specialy the cops that think they are higher than anybody for example police in Dubi can and will ask you for money for going over the speed limet, ilegal racing or stelling and in north america peolpe get shot at for steeling a bag of chips.Wow that cool? I know right. Know cops are killing people on "acident" that what right.