• Not always, but more often than you think

This would not be true for a place in Africa, but I find it to be true in America. Everyone has access to education. Education in the USA in mandatory. If a person does well in school, then they can go to college. If they go to college, they can get a job. If a person loses their job, they can find another one. In South Georgia, their was a labor crisis in which there was no one to pick the crops farmers grew. People thought that work was beneath them. As long as there is stuff like this happening, it is the poor people's fault. However, poor children are not responsible for poverty, but their parents are.

• Location? Money? Education? Health? Part 4

A step in the right direction is to
    1. Read the book or listen to the audiobook Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
    2. Read or Listen to Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
    Both free to get off YouTube.
    Stop Making Excuses, Start Taking Action, Get Results. Don't Question It! Just Do It!!!
    If you don't, well don't blame being stuck poor on someone else, many people who win millions in the lottery end up broke soon after. It's not the money.... So follow the steps to success or accept life the failure.

There is no balance, people feel like they are entitled to leisure activity, they are entitled to relax, play sports, play games, do vacation, well balance is a myth, burn out is a myth.

• Location? Money? Education? Health? Part 1

I guarantee you a variety of people will think I am cruel, narrow minded while reading this,. I would just like to say this, life isn't easy, and I am not going to sugar coat it and rationalize anything that will not get me or anyone else where we want go go or what we want to achieve.

"If you are born poor it is not your fault, but if you die poor it is your fault." -Bill Gates
    I am not simply stating this because some well known rich man said it, I am saying this because I believe it.

Whether we are talking about the poor as the people homeless on the streets, in another country or even the so called lower class and even middle class. I know what some people are thinking... Wait! What? The lower and middle class being considered poor? This guy is insane! Well, let me explain.

When you are born into any one of these situations, circumstances are very bleak, but do not determine the fate of one's own life. For example, people born in third world countries or places ridden with war. There are tons of real life stories of people fleaing their countries leaving everything behind except for the clothes on their back in aims to have the opportunity to have a greater life. However, not everyone does whatever it takes to get out of their situation, or risk everything. People say, oh well my circumstances in my life hold me back, there is this or that. I can tell you one thing, it isn't the circumstances, it's the people. This even applies to myself, I am not rich or apart of a rich/weathly family, but I will definitely earn my riches and I will let nothing hold me back, not myself or my "circumstances" even if I am ridiculously well off compared to billions of others. The reason is, If there is a problem, I don't say I can't change it, this is the way it is, I say, what do I have to do to overcome the problem? How do I have to change? So what are people doing to change their circumstances?

"Broke is temporary, poor is eternal" Robert Kiyosaki
    People say money is the problem. Is money truly the problem? Or is the problem the person. I would like to say, being born into the situation, your parents don't help, your parents (and even other family and friends) will hold you back, not on purpose, they truly (typically they truly do) want to help you and will give you the best advice they have to offer, but that doesn't mean it will be great advice. The reason is that people fall into the same pattern, and same routines, they even hold certain views and philosophies that hold themselves back without even realizing it. The reason is that the parents in most cases won't encourage their children to work to change their circumstances, to acquire anything. TBC.

• Blame the victim

People are poor because they have the bad luck to be born to poor adults with neither assets or scruples. Here's a controversial statement: The poor are heartless & self-centered - what kind of a feckless nitwit would bring a child into the world when the life outcomes of their child are evident? If you're poor, blame your mother & grandmother - for it is they they gave you nothing (not even a concern for your future) and your poor life, that you too will then pass on to your children and their children in a endless cycle of obvious, self-chosen outcomes. No one can stop the cycle of poverty as long as the poor are intent on passing nothing from one generation to the next.

• Worldwide? No. In America? Absolutely.

No matter how poor your family is, everyone still has an opportunity to get an education. Yes, college is obviously expensive and therefore not everyone has access to that form of education. But having a high school diploma can still take a person pretty far in life. To quote Caddyshack, "The world needs ditch diggers, too."

• Yes in the UK

In the UK education is free. All parents need to do is work. Minimum wage and child benefits will cover essentials. Free school meals are available. Why have children when you aren't financially stable anyway? Make your way through education all the way to college and you'll have many opportunities.

• We are Capalist

I am a firm believer in our system and I believe if you work hard and do the best of your abilities you will not experience poverty. I grew up in a small town and I work at minimum wage at many jobs until I went to the marines. Back then I don't think that I believed in this system but now as a retired major in the marines even though I get a check every week I still work. Work is what stops poverty.

• America the land of OPPORTUNITY.

In America, there has been people like Andrew Carnegie, Barack Obama, Alexander Hamilton and Benjamin Franklin who were born in in poverty and in fact had very hard lives. But they were self made men who rose above thier circumstances and became great. In present day America, we now have education that is free for everyone. That is a an extreme privilege in itself and lets everyone have a huge advantage to get ahead in comparison to our ancestors. Basically if you work hard enough, you can get out of your situation and eexcel in the world. If someone says they can't, then they are either lying or doing something wrong. As unpleasant as that sounds, it's true and we should always strive to know the truth over something that sounds pleasing to our ear. The reason the poor is poor is because they are not working hard enough or in the right way. We all like to think we do things perfectly and work our hardest but ask yourself, others and your superiors (such as your boss) how you can be a better and more diligent worker. Ambition also helps as a motivation.

• I believe most of the time, being poor is their fault

Because they don't have enough financial knowledge like

If whole family depends on one person for source of income, that person should at least get some sort of term life insurance.

The poor has to somehow maintain a positive cash flow and tug away the extra, instead of eat into next paycheck by taking out line of credit. If somehow they don't have high enough paying job, in order to have higher paying job, they can go extra mile trying to get one, for example, a night school for a nursing degree...Est.

Once positive cash flow and saving is achieved, they have to understand compound interest and investing. For the basics, they can buy highest rating of mutual fund.

• Yes, but not always

Around the world, we frequently see all over that poverty is rampant in some places more than others. If you dig deeper, you would find that it is due to oppression and economic hardships of the reason, like in africs (WHICH IS NOT THEIR FAULT!) However, in this country I do believe there are many people, too many, that are lazy and believe everything is owed them and they live off the government. Enough said.

• Poverty is not a choice

You can be born into a poor family. Once born into it it is hard to get out of it. They wont have money to pay for a good school so you might not get a good job. Without a good job you will most likely stay in poverty. Even having a little bit of money it will be hard to have a job because money will be used in transportation.

• No, poor people are not responsible for their poverty.

I believe that poor people are not responsible for their poverty. The problem is that poverty is a vicious cycle. If you are born into poverty it is difficult to escape. There are so many problems that contribute to poverty. I live in a high poverty area with few jobs and high housing costs. It's hard to climb out of poverty if you have to live on a job that only pays minimum wage. Many people work hard and just can't get ahead. Poverty is not their fault.

• No, not always.

As with any other living situation, some are and some are not. While there are people who are content to live at an absolute minimum to avoid doing work of any sort, there are many more who have hit on hard times or are from backgrounds that are not conducive to social advancement. Poverty is a symptom, not a disease and the more people insist on a 'wellfare state' and avoid looking at the actual cause, the longer it'll take to cure the illness in this country.

• No, not always.

As with any other living situation, some are and some are not. While there are people who are content to live at an absolute minimum to avoid doing work of any sort, there are many more who have hit on hard times or are from backgrounds that are not conducive to social advancement. Poverty is a symptom, not a disease and the more people insist on a 'welfare state' and avoid looking at the actual cause, the longer it'll take to cure the illness in this country.

• A qualified no.

There are a number of factors than can extremely limit your chances of getting or staying out of poverty. However, in countries where education is available to everyone to a certain degree, and where there are programs in place to alleviate the effects of low incomes, it's also a matter of chosing the right career, having a set of work ethics, and knowing how to take advantage of opportunities, such as they are. It also helps not to get into exorbitant debt if it can be avoided, and of course distinguishing between your needs and desires. On the other hand, a vast majority of wealthy people are not responsible for their wealth - in most cases it's inherited.

• More often than not, it's their own fault.

Many poor people are poor due to their bad life choices. Wasting money on cigarettes that only cause sickness and death. Having children before they are emotionally and financially stable. Get into debt with loans and credit cards. Wasting money on tattoos, alcohol, drugs, vacations and other luxuries. Buying a house you can't afford and a car you can't afford is a great way to have neither a home to live in or a car to drive. Even being born into poverty is not an excuse. Yes, being born into poverty makes it harder to not be poor but not impossible. Yes, poor people will often have to work harder than everyone else... That's life. It's not fair. And it never will be. Your standing in life is a reflection of your choices. No matter what.

• No it is not

Its is not the person choice of ehich place to born. If God wants the child to poor then thats it, you are poor. Once you are poor is less likely to get out. Eventhough some people do have the knowledge to be educated, they don't have money inorder to go to school. So no! It is not the poor people's responsibility to be poor.

• Why should people be responsible for their homes that they have to live in no matter what kind of condition it's in?

Conditions is very important to every single person in the world that has ever existed on the plant of earth so we need to help them because they may live that way very a very long time so I think it's time we started supporting those who need are help not the ones who don't.
    If think to argue with this opinion we all know that it will be happy for the goods and bad for the people who only think about themselves and not other people around them.

Bullish says2013-05-08T22:08:18.593
It depends. Some people are born into poverty with no means to rise, some are born millionaires and drink themselves into poverty.