• Depends on Situation

Alright. We've all prank called. Some are harmless, like the one I did today, saying that I was an alien on mars. Others, not so much. I've read an article about Burger King smashing their windows because someone prank called them, saying that the building may blow up I feel they didn't or something like that.

• Lies at people

You must not do these things because pranks are really really a bad joke .
    Some time you call a person and that person answered and you told some thing did not happened.He will belive and do that thing after he will be angry .Then he may give the police the number.And search for who called.So that's why

• Lies at people

• Lies at people

• Depending on who you call

This really depends on the number and person. If you just do ONE prank call to your friends for some banter then nobody should care, but then the line stop. Doing it to random people you have never met can annoy and scare them, and doing it multiple times to your friends can be cyber bullying, however one to one of your friends should be harmless, but you shouldn't leave a message as that can frighten people.

• Prank calls are harmless!

Don't over react! Prank calls are super harmless AND funny! Some prank calls can be called "bullying" but the person who is receiving the prank calls can just block the caller. Also, the prank caller would normally use *67 which eliminates caller ID. There are sites like PrankOwl which has pre-recorded prank calls. Just type in your friends number and they'll get the call. If prank calls were harmful, that site would be taken down. There ARE some illegal prank calls, but those get reported to the police. See, harmless. There is nothing bad about a little joke. If you don't like prank calls, then you don't have to complain for the public to hear... *I saw the writing about the elderly and sensitive to hate people: those are the types of illegal prank calls. Report it to the police! Same with the violent raging son. Tell the police and block the caller. See, now your son isn't going on a violent rage!*

• Yes, depending on the nature of the prank.

Prank calls playing a joke someone, especially someone that the prank caller knows, could be harmless. For instance, calling and telling a practical joke or having the call recipient do something silly as a result of the call is just innocent fun. However, prank calls that are malicious and lead to bullying or danger should be avoided at all costs, and could very well be harmful.

• I will kill you.

Not really, but I get extremely annoyed and even angry towards your immaturity/stupidity. I remember one particular incident where a dorm mate prank called me back in my college days. He was being an idiot, and I immediately recognized his voice.
    Next time I saw him, I confronted him about it asking why he was being such a child. Of course he denied it. I didn't care for his lies. It just made me angrier. I never physically hurt him, but I ended up gangbanging his girlfriend with my roommates. He married her after college. Hope it was worth it, Eric.

• Lies at people

• Can't sleep right now

I am currently up because I got a call at 8 at night. I am at least hopin it is a prank call. Because it is a guy (I am a girl) who had a crush on my and will be approaching me tomorrow around noon. That I should "watch out" for him. And that he "love my smile" but that I should "dress more modestly" (which I wear a unisex t-shirt and Jeans nearly every day.

• Absolutely Not Harmless

Jim Florentino (sp?); Ashton Kutcher; they make a great deal of pain from others' suffering. It is profound immaturity on their part. And absolutely, even the simplest prank can be very harmful. The receiver of the prank can be humiliated, stress, angry, scared, and it can have lasting effects. That clown one is absolutely awful and I think a crime. Another one: a MAN pretends to be a toilet in a FEMALE public bathroom. That is absolutely a crime. I would be very, very angry and humiliated. I would probably slug the prankster pretty hard. It's actually a form of sexual assault. I don't find any pranks funny in the least, and I absolutely love comedy. AND.. I have a great sense of humour, except for these harmful acts, in which a human is humiliated or scared for the prankster's amusement. Even that prank show from Quebec, in which the public is pranked.. Is awful. Please STOP hurting people, even if you think there's absolutely no harm,

• Not if you're someone mishandling personal information of random people.

It might be okay to call a friend and clear it up later because he/she probably knows you well enough. However, in my case, I was called by random numbers in the middle of the night and the owners repeatedly assured me that they know us well. They knew where I lived. And they let me know that they lived in the same area. Hence, I along with my friends decided to meet at a nearby landmark only to find out that they were complete strangers. They refused to disclose the sources of my personal information and apologized by stating that they were just having "fun". No, fun is not taking gross advantage of someone's personal information and then repeatedly calling them with random numbers in the middle of the night, especially those of women. It's not harmless because now I'm concerned for my personal safety.

• Prank calls are never a joke!!!!!

Prank calls aren't jokes! They are a form of cyber bullying and usually used to make the individual feel insecure, become what is known as an easy target and to believe that they have no self-worth. I am a 13 year old student and I can understand this and yet so many people are oblivious to the effects of prank calls. Yes I have made many prank calls but looking back I can't understand why I found it to be fun. In this day and age this is the way that many choose to act as it is "cool" although sometimes it is seems to be just harmless fun, it can be taken to far and people need to realize the extent of prank calling. Our society always chooses to blame technology for this and yes technology gives us the chance to do this, but it doesn't say in the manual how to make prank calls; this is simply man kinds choice and we should just be putting the blame on our technology.
    So yes prank calls are harmful and I am 13 I have grown up around this so I think we all need to grow up and take a good long look at our world and make some changes starting with prank calls!!!

• Some people are sensitive to hate

People like the elderly and fragile minded tend not to be able to cope with these kinds of attacks very well, It is an emotionally scarring burden that should be put to a halt, They are just as annoying as telemarketers and are just as much of a waste of time.

• My son received an prank call that sent him into a violent rage.

When an aggressive and angry man called my son about hitting his car, my son went into a violent rage that went on for hours. This is someone's idea of a joke that triggered serious consequences. No this is not harmless or funny. The phone call portion of his rage was recorded and posted on the internet and now gets listened to and voted on and commented on by thousands of people.

• How do I protect my 13 year old who was prank called. The call was recorded and could potentially go viral.

It started out quite harmless and was funny but they asked for her personal details ( name, surname, contact details etc....) and also recorded this clip. We know it was sent out to one person. But how does a parent protect their child from being exposed in this uncontrolled, unsafe, exposed space?. The speed at what information gets sent out and the type of recipients are unknown factors so its not as safe as just friends having fun if the embarresing clip gets out.

Also I am not supposed to know about this but these teenagers are so loud in their bedrooms they do notrealise thateveryone in the house can here them.

Posted by: Naz1
  • Very Immature: Stupid

Seriously. I've prank called against my own will because my friends grab my phone and get ME in big trouble. I feel awful for the victim of the call and my friends have not been raised right if they think it is correct to prank call someone they don't know.