• .... Jbh h

....B v gg ffg j b gjbbbmn n bnbnb nnb hv t tu yf f gv t i v ftt tttttttttttttt t tttttttttt y uy f f jhgg g hg h g hg h h hh h h h ffffffffffffffff fdsmfnmna kkfn lkkkkk erue ihaifh ihfjehdfie iegeh ugebj iwehr ihrhej jed....

• The movies don't really teach that

Disney did say in the movie Aladdin that all pretty girls have to be skinny or with an hour glass figure. Jasmine does have one but she has so many other good characteristics that make her a great role model. I think the reason Disney keeps the earlier princesses around is to show how the movies have changed with the role of women over time. The Disney Princesses show the girls they be anything. Most eating disorders come around teenage years where girls have low self-esteem. Young girls our confident and expressive because of Disney Princesses. In teenage years they are surrounded with real life barbie dolls on magazines and in pop culture. The Disney Princesses are CARTOONS I'm pretty sure the girls know that. We want our girls to take with them their morals. Also not every princess is passive and is a damsel in distress. Once you get past The first 4 the princesses get by on their own and find love because they want it not because they need it for safety. Merida doesn't need a prince and neither does your daughter. Yes they teach girls to be mature. That's a good thing Instead of making fun of the new girl with different colored hair at school they welcome her. Many critics make false claims that are inaccurate from the movies.

• Brave and Honest. That's what princesses are.

Your girl wants to be Merida; only without the 'dress up' part.That's good! Your teaching your daughter to be adventurous, nice, caring, and honest .Disney's Frozen showed that girls DON'T NEED a man to save the day! It's a very good concept.Standing up for yourself is also a great concept talked about in Disney movies.

• Bad rolmodels chjde

Young girls are giving false hopes about the world that they live in.From The Little Mermaid all you have ton do is give up all the people that care about your well being just so you can get the perfect guy.From Aladdin Jasmine has that perfect hourglass figure that every girl dreams about having

• Times are changing

Disney have been producing princesses since the 1930s which means that society has changed. For example Snow white being one of the first is portrayed as Petit sweet and talented but needs a man to help because of realities opinion on women. Now in 21st century, Frozen has shown girls examples of heroism and how a man is not needed to save the woman, and therefore breaking from the fairytale tradition.

• Times are changing

• Yes, princesses teach girls important values

They teach them to support family, be kind to less fortunate, and to get a good education. Yes they make look unrealistic, but the values they teach are more important than looks they have. They teach girls to follow their dreams and reach for there goals. They teach true love and individuality

• Yes, at the end of the day they are.

Although these fantasies give you falsehood about life; lie to you straight in your face when you are little about that perfect little image of what you and every other girl SHOULD be to be perfect, that's not all that's to it. Even though I had many reasons to say no, I say yes because at the end of the day, these magical movies give us an elegant role model and (most importantly ) HOPE and DREAMS. These are very important things that are the base to everyones future. They lead to thought, effort, work and so much more that makes us who we are now. Without hopes, dreams and someone to look up to; a role model in your life, where would we be? Where would all of us humans be?
    Also, I agree that Disney has made a mistake (which all feminists are strongly against) which is that they gave kids a few false hopes; no one can be perfect ( in looks or anything), though, all the Disney princesses are. Well, Disney is making up for all these mistakes; look at all these new movies; Meridah in Brave is not very pretty( at least not like Cinderella) , but she strived hard to fulfill her dreams. Elsa in Frozen did not marry, but instead ruled the entire Kingdom herself. These new princesses are strong and not all are pretty or perfect. They made mistakes or got careless (Elsa ran away from home and made a snow castle while neglecting her responsibility) This is closer to the truth.
    These movies also tell us that if you work hard, you can achieve things. Nothings impossible if you put your heart, soul and mind to it. This is true.
    If all the kids in the world were told that you can never be perfect, that things will not be ok, that you can not fulfill your dreams of flying in the air. If the Write brothers were told that and convinced it were true, we wouldn't have the plane today. Kids are told lies by this, but aren't they inevitably told lies about many things including about their futures? Kids NEED hope. I hated it when I found out that I cannot be like those princesses when I was little, but it taught me to dream, hope, and strive for what I want and that's something you will need in life. To hope, dream and strive

• Yes, depending on the princess' characteristics.

Princesses are beautiful and elegant, which are things that every little girl wants to be. Also, many princesses are portrayed as being kindhearted and lovable, which are also great traits for young girls to adopt. It's important for girls to learn how to be compassionate toward others and to help those who are less fortunate. The modern princesses portrayed in cartoons are also strong and courageous, which are positive traits for young girls to adopt and portray during their growth and into adulthood.

• Princesses need some workshops on real princesses that live in reality because thy're real; Disney princesses are not.

The princesses that consume every thought, action, and waking moment of a child's day is slowly choking the self esteem they have. These princesses teach that, yes, you need to fight for what you believe in and prove your side of things; they teach that you should stick through the tough and rough times and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but they only show these teachings if the get to look beautiful and prefect while doing them. These princesses teach that being the smallest girl in the room, having fair, clear skin, and having the most exquisite dresses are going to get you places. They teach you that no matter what, there's always a happy ending at the end of ever single story, and that your prince charming will always come just at the right moment...And that there will always be a prince charming!
    In today's world, the real princesses who run/rule countries affairs and travel the world for world peace don't have perfect skin, make-up, and teeth; they don't have exquisite dresses all the time; they don't have the happy ending to every single story their lives have written. These women fight for what they believe in and stand through the tough and rough while being imperfect because they are human beings; human beings who were meant to be imperfect. They didn't find their prince charming by needing a rescue, or by eating a poisoned apple, they found their prince charming by being themselves, not trying to mimic something that isn't even real!

• They are very stereotypical

They don't have a princess that is bald for cancer all of them are beautiful. Another thing is that they are turning little girls into little women because they all the princesses are super mature and that makes all the little girls want to be really mature as a result of this.

• Bad rolmodels chjde

• They teach girls to give up life and wait for a man

All what a girl should care about is to look good enough to marry a rich charming man .. They dont really discuss any thing that is reality or help them to look better for the future .. I feel upset when a prince choose his wife from slipper this is insulting

• Its not what it seems to be...

When you grew up, you learned from the Disney Princess that you will have a happy ending where your Prince Charming comes and rescues you. But look at society now, most people aren't married, have a divorce, or is hate's their mate. Any most of the world is in the middle or lower class. Do you call this a happy ending? Little kids are also learning to be spoiled. I mean, look at it this way, Cinderella wanted to go to the ball and she did, along with a beautiful gown and glass slippers where she meets her Prince Charming, but does that happen often in the world? No, it doesn't. It also teaches you bad things like to live with a bunch of man, (Snow White), to lie , to sneak away/ don't listen to your parents (Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella), to steal (Robin Hood and Aldan ), and many more. Our kids are learning this stuff that has a puny amount that will come true. So, it's up to you to make your decision on if the Disney Princess are or are not. But believe, don't get your kids hopes up for a perfect life.

• It's not advisable to make these princesses role-models

Disney portrays all these princess as pretty little darlings. I mean seriously is every girl on this planet beautiful with the perfect skin and bodies...I don't think so. Millions of girls every day grow up watching these princesses. These movies send a wrong message to the world that life ends with a happily ever after ending. Young girls get the wrong message that there is always a handsome prince waiting on a white horse to sweep you off your feet. I feel a role model should be practical and realistic and not imaginary.

• Don't talk to strangers... unless they're hot

When I was younger, my mother told me that I should not talk to strangers except when I watched any disney movies those princesses would just chat up a storm with anyone. Cinderella didn't ask any questions when a strange old lady came into her house and broadly claimed she was her 'fairy god mother'. If she had a fairy god mother, I think someone would have told her. Snow White would have been fine if she hadn't taken that apple off the which... If I'm hiding in the woods and some random came along and offered me an apple, I would not take it.
    I recall being told time and time again not to talk to strangers, but apparently all the princes in these fairytales have already been aquainted with these princesses because they are obviously talking quite a bit.

• It is a dangerous thing to make princesses the role models for young girls

There are a number of reasons why making princesses role models for young girls is problematic. Princesses are preceived to be perfect without flaws. This gives young girls the impression that they have to be perfect and if they are not they are not princess material. Also how many young girls really know anyone of royalty? One's role models should always be those closest to them.

• Princesses tends to give up and cries

In most of Disney's Princesses' movies we have seen most of them crying over unsettled things and things that can be solve. Instead of working hard to halp themselves, they tend to cry until a prince charming comes and rescue. Good example is Cinderella. She is showing a good example of how to give up on life and just let a magic god-mother to help and a prince charming to rescue. What good does it brings?