• Yes it violates the Geneva Conventions

The activity that is going in Guantanamo can be considered torture because it violates the Geneva Conventions. It also violates everything in which everything in which this country stands for. We are also trying these people by military commission which has been ruled illegal by the U.S. Supreme Court. In my mind anyone that can believe in torture is a brainwashed Nazi. It also violates people's human rights in which people are guaranteed the right to a trial by jury.

• Prisoners are being tortured in Guantanamo bay.

There are several reasons for me saying this:
    -If they were not being tortured, prisoners coming out of it would not be saying they had been
    -If they were not being tortured, media would be allowed into the prison to provide proof that this is not true.
    -If they were not being tortured, the patriot act would not have been proposed by Bush, so that he could have the right to do it.
    All to say that;
    -If they were not being tortured, there would be sound, stable proof that they were not.

• Yes, according to a report issued by the International Red Cross, prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are being tortured.

After inspecting the US detention facility at Guantanomo Bay the International Red Cross (IRC) issued its report of the U.S. using "humiliating acts, solitary confinement, temperature extremes, the use of forced positions" against prisoners. By the standards of the Geneva Convention this conduct is "an intentional system of cruel, unusual and degrading treatment and a form of torture."

Also look at the fact that of the more than 600 detainees we have released 400 without charges or any finding of fact that they were actually combatants.

• No, they are not tortured.

I don't think that it is fair to say that prisoners in Cuba are being tortured. While they are not facing the best of conditions by any stretch of the imagination, I think that it is safe to say that they are far from suffering the horrors of torture that other countries do.

• No, prisoners are not being tortured.

My opinion is that those prisoners are not being tortured. It is obvious they are not living in the best of conditions, but I have faith in the legal system and the justice system. Many people with power would not stand by and let people be tortured simply for being a prisoner. That is not to say their living condition couldn't use some help.