• Public schools are better

It helps make new friends and have a better social life. It is better it to be free because parents that don't have don't have to pay for school so their kids get to have a better education . Even tough they don't give good new supplies at public schools at least they have the right equipment to have a good education.

• Best of Both Worlds

I have been to public school all my life, until last semester where I attended a private charter school. Everyone was so nice, and the teachers were so involved in your education. They centered your entire schedule around what would benefit you most in your future, as well as what interests you most in the academic and creative fields they had. I am supposed to be a junior this upcoming school year, but thanks to private school, I learned I had more options than remaining in high school. I am studying to take the CHSPE in order to test out of high school and start community college in the spring semester. Without private school, I would have never known that I could be in control of my own future, as well as make my own decisions towards my education. Life is awesome on the private school side! I would recommend it to anyone! :)

• Private school for sure!

They provide the best for you and sometimes in public schools I feel as if most teachers are just doing this for to pay for their lifestyles and all that. I have not been to a private school but I think that private schools have much more to offer in education.

• Public schools are private schools! You mean comprehensive or state when talking about Government funded schools

I personally have been to both Private and state schools. Having moved last year from state schools as the school I used to attend went on special measures, as a result of this 56 out of 100 teachers left, and the head teacher was unable to recover as many teachers so many students suffered with foreign teachers who could not speak any English, but some how got the job as an English teacher. Having now been at a private school for a year now, I can see the dramatic difference between the two. One of the biggest improvements is the students in the school. They actually want to learn, which means they do not interrupt lessons as they are so focused on there work. The other big difference is that the teachers care about the student and want to help them, however at state schools there are too many students in the class in order for the teacher to care and help you. People say that students that attend private schools are snobs#! That is not true and they probably say that because they have never had the money to attend these schools to know!

• Private schools have better facilities

I disagree to the one that says private school kids are posh snobs, when I transferred to a private school when I was in grade 5, my schoolmates were a LOT nicer and much more disciplined than my former public school. The teachers were very encouraging and some were even funny and entertaining, we have new, better books every year, and I quickly had a circle of friends, there were two computer and science labs. More than half the class were honor students. Now, I am a medical student towards neurosurgery. If it weren't for Notre Dame (the private school where I attended elementary and high school) I would never have gotten this far

• Been to both. Private school vs public school?...... No contest, private school.

I have been to both types of schools. In public school, I was so smart that I had to be moved up a grade. There were no foreign languages, and not a very good athletic, artistic, musical, and academic program. The next school year, I was placed in the gifted program at school, and though it was fun, it still wasn't challenging enough. That year, my family sent me to take a test at a private school, and I was accepted. I started the next school year. It was just what I needed.... Foreign languages, great friends, a program that challenged me, the opportunities, the athletic and arts programs, great facilities, awesome academics, lots of parent involvement, and most importantly, great teachers who love what they do and accommodate every kid, including kids like me. I love it!

• Private is way better

My reason is because my cousin goes to a public school and she has poor academic skills while I knew more than she did. We must know more because in the future we will have to have a high IQ to get a successful job. This concludes why private schools are better than public schools

• Private is better than public

1. Private schools tend to have teachers with higher qualifications (e.G. Holding postgraduate qualifications, published authors in specialist subjects) than public schools.
    2. They also have newer and more expensive textbooks, equipment, and furniture.
    3. Some of them have quite specialized optional subjects that you normally wouldn't get until you reached university.
    4. Some are quite picky in admitting students, so the students may generally be more attentive, overachieving, etc.

• They're just better

Private schools provide a student with teachers willing to teach them and fantastic resources of information. The class size is also much smaller than the average public school therefore giving a student more individualized attention which helps them excel in the subjects learned. The scores on standardized tests are also a key factor. Students attending private school have less distractions than an average public school student and they have always scored higher on tests like TAKS, STAAR, ACT, and SAT. It is obvious that a private school is better than any public school.

• All Day Long PRIVATE Schools; been to both Public and Private.

Recently, I switched from a private elementary school to a middle school this school year. But I didn't go to any middle school; I went to the best middle school in my county that feeds into the fifth best high school in the USA. I expected a challenge, but got none. Maybe it is just me (probably not), but right now just an AVERAGE elementary private school is beating up the best middle school in the county! I feel like i just went down to fourth grade, not up to sixth :(. Many reasons are for this. For one, the academics just stink all day long. The teachers also don't even know your name and I seem like a loony toon is teaching me. I'll give you an example, I am in the gifted elite pre-algebra class, and I am behind the curriculum of my 9 year old brother! Sad. My teacher doesn't know my name, and I went from being no too too good at math to being the best in the grade. It isn't individualized as well, which is outrageously annoying. This has been a hideous experience, and am now BEGGING to back to private school.

• Public Schools have more resources

Public schools have more resources than private schools usually. The teachers are generally paid more so they put more of an effort into educating their students. Private schools get away with a lot. Private schools can be better, but overall public schools are more motivated. They must maintain a certain level to receive funding.

• Public schools are better from personal experience.

I have attended both private schools and public schools. The private school was an absolute nightmare. None of the teachers were certified and the curriculum was basically a "teach yourself" booklet called a PACE. Not all private schools are the same though. Some are just as good as public schools and have the same opportunities, but these private schools are very large and expensive. The private school that I attended had only 15 students, including myself, from kindergarten to twelfth grade. I am now in college and it is a huge culture shock because I was not very well prepared for life outside of a position of ministry. Looking back I wish that my parents would have sent me to a public school for a majority of my education because I feel that I was robbed of several opportunities that public schools provide. Again, not all private schools are the same, I just very strongly suggest staying away from the very small, under funded schools that only plan to cram religion down children's throats.

• Equal Education for Our Children

I believe that everyone should be equal. Why should the rich get a better education, just because their parents make more money? All children should get an equal chance to succeed. I recognize that not all public schools are perfect, but if all parents put aside their differences and help schools, they can be a great learning environment. Public schools also have better diversity, with kids from all sorts of racial and financial backgrounds, which can help broaden kids minds and awareness.

• I Strongly Disagree

Private school and public school are way different, but I like public school better. In private school, they don't give all the facts. I have first hand sources because my father was in private school. He said that the teachers teach the subjects then say, "But...We are Christians so we don't believe in that theory." I'm not trying to be racist to my own religion, but I have to say, private school teachers teach the students THEIR theories instead of the actual ones. Public schools go by the state requirements while private schools do their own thing. Also, public schools teach without thinking twice and giving the wrong information. Therefore, public schools are MUCH better.

• Apply Private Factors

The American public school system has advantages and disadvantages. The common perception of private schools being a better option than public schools can be proven false. If the advantages of private schools are applied to public schools, the improved system creates a better environment for every type of learner to succeed. The question remains of how can this happen without charging tuition? My public school introduced the “house” system. The idea was to create a sense of community that private schools have. The school was split up into three sections. They had the same ratio of boys and girls, minorities, and special education students. Through sixth, seventh, and eighth grade, students were surrounded by the same peers and teachers. Classes were reduced, making it much easier to have a student-teacher relationship. When I was around the same peers all day for three years, I created closer ties with them. I felt a sense of community that didn’t exist before.

• Public all the way!

I went to public school and I have done very well, I love school and I have friends that go to private school and are getting no better grades than me! My parents could afford private school but I turned it down! Why would I want to be surrounded by some of the posh snobs?!

• Private school education is not any better, save your money!

There is no difference at all to a public school, except you are kind of sheltered from the social problems you get at government schools e.g. drugs, teen sex etc. I can't think why any parent would send their kids to a private school other than maybe because they want the status or to shelter them. The education is not any better at all, I had some terrible teachers. They were no better than the teachers I had at my government primary school. My parents thought that because they sent me and my sisters to private schools we would all become doctors, lawyers etc, NOT a reality! One sister is long term unemployed and the other is an admin assistant with no formal qualifications. I am still struggling to finish my uni degree 8 years after completing high school but I wish I had never started the degree as it isn't right for me. My private school left me naive and unprepared for life after school. I can't really speak about the other private schools, but my private school cost over $20,000 per year for me and there is no way in the world that was worth it. When I have my own kids there is no way I would send them private, many kids do really well at government schools.

• Uhm... Depends where you live.

I've lived in both developed and developing countries. In both types of countries, the schools are funded by government. However, since the government is weaker in developing countries, the public schools are blatantly bad, and the private schools are cheap (~$1000/year) so people over there would obviously vote "yes". But in developed countries the government is strong enough to have extremely good public schools. In developed countries like the USA and Canada (I currently live in Canada) the public schools are better. Trust me I've been to a private school in a developed country, and sadly enough people are extremely concerned about how much money someone has. None of that crap in public schools. I VOTE FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS!

• I hate private schools!!!

I really really hate private school so much that it sucks bad no good! If u like private school I won't get along with u sucker beep! U know how it feels to miss your best best friend?! It feels teritbal when I was writing this paritgraph I was crying badly !!! :-(

• Public schools are better

There is lack of discipline in private schools as operators would not want parents to withdraw their wards, hence teachers are constraint in instilling discipline on the students especially by the use of the Cain (He that spareth his rod hateth his son... Prov. 13: 24). This is the major reason for crimes and misdemeanors in our high schools today comparatively with the pre- private schools era. Compare the wave of crimes in schools up to the early 80s and what is obtainable today.

No adequate recreational facilities in private schools due to their confined operational environments. Such sports as footballing, track and field events are absent.

Posted by: Ekong Tawo

Anonymous says2013-06-27T21:26:03.083
Public are better.