• Athletes are good role models

Athletes are good role models because they do charity events and they visit children in need. Some athletes are stupid and waste their money, but most are nice and care about being a good role model to children and adults. Athletes are very nice to their fans as well.
    They are very caring

• Athletes are good role models

They are very caring

• They are absolute role models

I know that sports athletes are role models because not only they spend all their time playing in their subjective sport but they also spend just a little time off field for people that just "need a little light " for people or kids to encourage them selfs to not give up on anything in life ...So thank you and god bless all #ATHLETES

• Athletics are good role models!

Pro athletics motivate young children. Doing this will make kids try their best in everything they do to try and reach their goal to try and be a pro athletic themselves. Yes, pro athletics can be inappropriate at times, but they learned from their mistakes. Children can also learn from these mistakes and learn not to do bad things that could land them in prison.

• Inspiration for kids

I think professional athletes should be role models because they inspire people, especially young and teenage children.Athletes inspire kids to play more outdoor activities and be fond of one particular sport. Then kids even start practicing, exercise and have the sense of competition. This inspiration leads them to an excellent life and they can fulfill their dreams.

• Yes they are

Look at Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, David beckham, and Lionel messi, they all are really important to kids that want to be pros. Lionel messi joined Barcelona fc when he was little and I wanted to be pro when I was little because of him. Kids need role models in their lives

• Yes They Are

Athletes provide a good role model for young kids because they offer a person who they can look up to and try to be like. They can inspire kids to exercise and get active and to compete in sports. Overall, they are indeed good role models and provide a good influence for kids.

• Whether you like it or not.

Whether you like it or not kids are going to look up to sports stars. At a young age they aren't going to look up to Pythagoras or Da Vinci or Thomas Edison, they're going to look up to someone they can relate to. I was a kid once upon a time, I know this for a fact. Nothing can change this. This is my opinion, and maybe some kids do like to admire an inventor or mathmetician. But they are role models non-the less.

• They are absolute role models!

Even though there have been times in when sport persons have been un responsible and have gotten things like DUIs and other things as serious as death most of these mistake have came out of pressure. At the end of the day sports models have to work and show a great example of effort, hard work, blood, sweat, tears, and they strive for greatness which is a great example for kids. Kids could also learn from athletes mistakes. Also some athletes take their problems into hand and go to rehab which shows an role model example as well.

• They are absolute role models!

• They are not positive role models.

Most athletes today only care about money and fame. Thy show little care for the children that they are role models for. Pro athletes (not all of them) commit crimes and show bad behavior on and off the court, field etc. On the positive side though they can teach kids to work hard to achieve goals and to follow their dreams. All in all though, athletes teach kids (as well as some older people) to show bad sportsmanship and tomake terrible choices in their sport and in life.

• Athletes are bad role models

I'm not saying that all athletes are selfish. But the majority have a monetary ambition. For example when they advertise unhealthy foods they do it for the money and they put aside their fans health. They use their talent as a way to lie to people especially children. Sometimes children thing all these junk food would transform them into their athletic role model. The people that deserve recognition are the military, policemen, and firefighters because they risk their lives to protect us and they do it without waving a flag for recognition.

• Pro Athletes aren't going to help the kids

No, I don't think their good role models. Their only looking for fame and will do anything to get people to notice them. I think a good role model is someone who try's to get kids to learn about the real world, like teachers or scientist, try to educate them because most kids don't focuses on school and why do you think that is? It's because all they want to do is be in sports like the pro athletes.

• They belive they are alone

Kids today admire a lot of sport stars,but these sport stars don't admire there fans.This leads to the breakdown in the kids life in which his or hers hero turns into their lives villain. The stars do bad things which help them do do there profession but those things affect others and also leads to the use of drugs and misleading in the supporters life.

• No they are not

Sports persons are not good models as they take drugs and many bad acts . If a child makes his role model a person who does bad deeds the child would also want to be like him doing all bad things . Some children cannot do what the sports persons do so they get disappointed and it con also led to suside.

• Gives unrealistic dreams

It is unlikely to make it pro and it raises kids hopes. Becoming a professional athlete is an unrealistic goal because very few make it in the big leagues. Being an athlete is what kids want to be when they're 5. With an athlete roll model kids will always want to be one which is nearly impossible

• They over all are not

Yeah pro athletes work hard to get where they are today. But some have there little daddy pay there way threw to get where they are. Also like that one guy said, some are role models but most of them are doing it for the money, you think they are doing to be looked up to? No they are doing it because they want money and to be know all around the world. The real role models are soldiers, doctors, nurses and ect.. They do every they can to help people thats what they like to do, they like to help, and not in it for the money because i can assure you nurses and soldiers dont get paid much, they do it because they are loyal

• I don't think that athlete should be role models

I think that pro athletes should not be role models cause athletes can make bad chose for kids cause some pro athlete get in trouble with the law or do drugs and some kids will follow these pro athlete role models. Your role models should be your parent and teachers.

• No, athletes are not good role models.

Lots of kids look up to these kinds of people. By looking up to them, they want to start acting like them. This can lead to bad behavior in themselves. It can also lead to inaccurate judgment in others because kids will start to judge people based on popularity and athletic ability. I've seen it happening in my own school already. Plus, many athletes have gotten involved in unhealthy life styles by doing things such as drugs and drinking while driving. Is this really what you want your kids to be influenced by?

• Athletes get worshiped for doing nothing but their job....

I don't want my children to think that they will be worshiped every time they perform a simple task that is required of their job. For example, if a baseball player lays out to catch a hard hit ground-ball, people go nucking futs and act like he is the second coming! It is absolutely ridiculous how these athletes are treated WHEN THEY DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to make the world go round. Sure they have scheduled charity events and what not, but like I said, they are scheduled. Almost every player has to do something. Performance enhancement drugs are always a problem; nobody needs to idolize a cheater. And speaking of cheaters, the divorce rate is absolutely ridiculous. I read somewhere that it is close to 80%. And I'd say the percentage of philanderers in pro athletics is even higher than that. I know there are a few exceptional men in pro sports, but as a whole, they're not the "down to earth great guys" that the star-struck reporters like to say they are.

Teachers, engineers, doctors, nurses, policemen, firefighters, military personnel etc etc....They deserve the recognition way more than the overgrown 12 year old boys do. Not to mention the freaking salaries. The last 3 mentioned (policemen, firefighters, military) put their lives on the line all the time. The only thing athletes put on the line is their ACLs.

Research this topic: United States