Are QWERTY phones worse than touch-screen phones?

• I like QWERTY keyboards

Qwerty. I like it better than my touch screen phone I have now. Because I
    don't like the spell check on my touch screen phone I have now, but if I
    take it off my words are spelled wrong but the spell check is stupid
    sometimes. I like the qwerty because I like feeling the button and on my
    touch screen its just a vibrate. Over all I would love to have a qwerty
    keyboard again.

• QWERTY Phones are not worse than touch-screen phones

QWERTY Phones or "keyboard" phones are not necessarily worse then touch-screen phones. While it is true that QWERTY phones usually have draw backs such as being bulky, their main feature (a full physical keyboard) remains attractive to many users. Various users find typing on a physical keyboard more responsive and find that a physical keyboard fits their taste better then the virtual keyboard that exists on most touch-screen phones. Additionally when looking at a hardware perspective (speed, usabilty, etc.) It is possible for QWERTY phones to be just as powerful as standard touch-screen phones as seen in phones such as the newer Blackberrys.

• No, QWERTYphones are more practical for users.

QWERTY phones are much more user-friendly than touch-screen phones. A user can easily navigate a QWERTY phone on the go without even looking half the time because of the keyboard set up. Touch-screen phones require a user to look at the screen, as accidentally hitting the wrong number or letter on the screen is easy. Also, touch-screen phones do not work if the user is wearing gloves.

• QWERTY phones are as good as touch-screen phones because of they provide tactile feedback.

Because of their tactile properties, QWERTY phones are as desirable as touch-screens for someone who does a lot of typing. The feedback that is provided by the ability to touch and feel the keys of a QWERY keyboard is imperative to blind typing. Though on a touch screen it is possible to memorize the location of the keys based on location and muscle memory alone, once the home row is lost, one must look down and find it. On a keypad that provides feedback through the fingers, it is possible to find it again without looking. Several touch-screen companies are now looking at ways to emulate this through haptic touch, and until they do, QWERTY will always be superior for typing.