Are really early marriages more likely to end in divorce?

• My Experience Indicates It Will

I was married six months after my 18th birthday. Approximately three years later, I was divorced. While I think the relationship had the potential to last, the truth is, that it didn't. I believe young people lack the ability to make life long decisions at such a young age. It does not mean that some people do not make it, because some do, but most I believe end in divorce.

• They absolutely are.

A recently released study tracked marriages over a period of fifteen years (the most common period of divorce) and kept statistics on those most likely to divorce.
    The most likely to divorce by far were people who were married at age 25 or below and who only had a high school equivalent education- over 70% divorced by the end of 15 years. Next were those who married above age 25 with only a high school equivalent education, then those who married at 25 or under with a college education.

The lowest rate of divorce occurred in the group of people who were over 25 at marriage AND had a college education- around 40%. It was postulated by the researchers that these people have gotten to know themselves better and spent time developing who they were before marrying- thus more likely to know what they were really looking for in a partner.

• Too early, too young

Because many young couples think that marriage is the answer to the bad decisions they make in life ; like pregnancy, rebellion, and etc. They get married at a young age. Not giving yourself time to learn more about your significant other, focusing on your future/career, and getting your financial situation right will result to divorce in a early marriage.

• I love him and you can't stop me!

My husband and I have been happily married for 3 days. I met him 3 days ago. It was love at first sight. I met him when he picked me up in an dark alley way for £12 and a packet of quavers. It was the best night of my life so far. I'm only 14 years old and it is my husband's 45th birthday next week so he shall be getting a special treat. There are only two words to describe our marriage. True love.