• Hoi ik ben

Hoi waarom moet ik hier 50 woorden typen dat is veel te veel. Hoi. Hou hou hoi hoi hoi hoi hoi hoi hoih o hih ifh fyhiodrfyh hidfoafyh hdioaf ioh ioh djfioa kljio ioek kdiek kdik dkie kdiek dke dkei k k k k k k k k k k

• Hoi ik ben

• It still boosts interest in politics

I watch the Colbert Report and that's gotten me interested in politics, just as much as Good Morning America has. I love to keep up on recent news and other conflicts, and have joined a political extemporaneous speaking group. I gather every news article I can find for it to help prepare, and satire just makes it a lot more fun.

• Free speech is always okay.

I don't care if you don't agree with it, if it's ignorant, or even if it crosses the line sometimes. Free speech says that they're okay, so that makes them okay. Plenty of people think these sites are funny, anyway. If you don't like them, don't go on them. Period.

• Satire is an essential method of analyzing certain issues

The purpose of fictional and satirical websites is not necessarily for informative experiences. It's for entertainment. Pundits like Stephen Colbert do however put certain beliefs into frame through satire. The Onion (or the Canadian Beaver) provide entertainment and humor to the masses. If anyone mistakenly takes these websites for fact that is their own fault. Furthermore freedom of speech and freedom of expression are inalienable human rights.

• We should respect the people involved in the news

It is not fun being involved in an issue that is broadcasted for many people to know about, especially those controversial and serious ones. And making fun of the people involved won't make it easier for them and it also won't solve the problem/issue. We should consider being in their shoes and how it feels to be there