• Yes ! !

When your in gym girls cant be comfortable in their own way, they can wear tank tops because of their boobs, they cant wear shorts because of their butt, and your clothes have to be almost baggy so they can not see their natural shape. When you look at the guys though, you see them sometimes walking around with no shirt... Why cant guys have to cover up?

• It's about teaching respect

Yes, characteristically dress codes are bias against girls. The aim is not to have too much of a girl’s skin or shape exposed. The assumption is she would be a distraction to boys or too sexualized. The problem with this; it places a girl in the position of a temptress, nor does it place any responsibility on the boys. It’s wrong thinking. Boys need to be taught respect towards girls no matter what they are wearing and to look upon them as another person not as an object of desire or distraction.

• It is insane!

OMG! You know that school's don't try to be sexist, but they can't help them self's! Girls are judged on what they wear! If a girl wears a tank top she is asked to change, but for boys it's, "That's a cool shirt!" If it is a really hot day, then a girl should be allowed to wear whatever she wants!

• Dress code is focused on female features and clothing.

Shorts,spandex,crop tops,tank tops,v necks and more are restricted and these are all female clothing. When females are forced to change they are told they could "distract' males. As if its the females fault that then male wouldn't pay attention. Female students should not be held responsible for what distracts males.

• Hands past your shorts? To way!

Some girls have very long arm's and no girl in the right mind would wear shorts down to her knee's! The whole "Oh sweetie, those short's are a little past your fingertips" is a whole bunch of baloney! The same goes for skirts. It is fine if a dress is short but if it is short's it is a whole new ball game? WHAT?

• They Are Sexist

Absolutely! Its such a shame that today a womens clothing is more important than her own education. When I see girls being SENT HOME just because their shorts were 1/4 cm length too short makes me sick. WE shouldn't have to create a 'distraction-free' environment' for men, that is NOT our job. We should be taught to respect everyone and their own choices.

• Listen to me!!

https://soundcloud.com/tiffani-mascaro/dress-code I vote yes, school dress codes are sexist. Listen to this soundcloud project I did for my college composition class. This argues that high school dress codes are indeed sexist towards female students. It highlights reasons why the dress codes are sexist, one main reason being that girls bodies are too distracting to boys.

• Yes but not in the way that this picture demonstrates.

If you are a boy, trying wearing one of the cheerleader's uniforms to school and make it through the day without getting dress coded. Or see if you can wear volleyball shorts as short as the girls do without criticism. Girls, however, can wear anything that a boy can wear without discrimination whatsoever. So it is sexist against men. Absolutely.

• Hands past your shorts? To way!

• It is insane!

• Of course not.

Some girls say that uniforms are sexist. This is not true. We all know that girls must look formal and nice in school. In my opinion, girls should wear thick black tights, shiny black shoes, and a pleated skirt EVERY DAY, even outside of school. Boys must be given the freedom to run, jump, etc. Girls should not do these things and must keep their legs together and act feminine. Girls are much weaker than boys and people need to accept that simple fact.

• I think we should wear what we want

We should be able to wear what we want its not like were wearing swim suits or show tits or dicks a litile skin never hert eney one . Its not bad or eney one dont be a helacopter parent like other parents .Its not the 19s eney more or no

• I think we should wear what we want

• It's not just schools: Jobs and parties have them too.

In this age of technology and sexual attire 70% of boys in America watch pornography and 30% of them are addicted. In the 1940s, Erectile dysfunction in men under 40 was less than 4%. Today, 26% of men under 40 have erectile dysfunction because of pornography. Even with boys who WANT to quit, the constant triggers around them, such as half naked classmates and billboards with bikinis, boys find themselves enslaved to pornography because seeing all of objectification of women makes them revert to an animalistic state.

As a girl who sees logic in covering up, I believe dress codes have a place in schools. All of these posters by Liberal feminists say "BOYS need to learn to not stare at girls, and if you are sexualizing my thighs and butt, YOU are the problem." This is ridiculous. Boys are not the problem, they HAVE a problem. Girls are not as easily sexually aroused as boys are, and with puberty dumping hormones and testosterone into their bloodstream, girls take up a good amount of space in their brains. The male attraction to the female body is the result of hundreds of thousands of years of evolutionary development. As much as wealthy countries like America hate Muslims, they have discovered many ways for men to lower their gaze and abstain from material like pornography. One of which is fasting because hunger is seen as the strongest desire, even stronger than lust. Muslims call it "Lowering your Gaze." They believe that staring at a female's body in a carnal sense is violating her in a spiritual sense.

Boys CAN and MUST control themselves as it is their fault for staring at a girl's exposed breasts. The girl however can also be considerate of a boy's lack of willpower and cover up a bit. This is the reasoning for female Muslims dressing modestly. The "Hijab" is actually not the head-covering, but any clothing that covers the skin and shape of the female body. Hair coverings were not as prevalent today in the past when Islam first started yet the women who covered the parts of their bodies (that men tend to stare at) were referred to as someone wearing hijab.

Please, help them out a bit and remember that this is SCHOOL, not a STRIP CLUB.

• No, the codes typically apply to both genders

As a boy, I have no personal issue with dress codes, although I can see why schools do. Girls claim that dress codes are sexist, and they should be able to wear what they want without being objectified. The problem with the "sexist" argument is that it applies to both sexes, girls just tend to break it more. Boys at my school aren't allowed to where shorts without sleeves as our biceps may be too distracting, but girls can wear sleeveless tops as long as the straps are thick enough. I wouldn't call this sexist; boys and girls simply have different anatomies and different preferences about the others anatomy. For example, guys like boobs, girls like biceps, so typically there are rules in place so to not distract the opposite gender. For as much as we try (and this is true to both men and women) sexuality is hardwired into us. It's an instinctive response, and try as we may, it can be hard to fight for both men and women, so why not do away with the problem all together? Most of the stories that come up regarding dress codes are about girls, but from my experience in highschool, I can testify that girls complain more often about the issue and attempt to defy it. Guys simply don't wear short shorts or shirts that expose their stomaches, and if they did, they would be dress coded as well. Also, the argument "it's hot out" is just really not valid. I wear knee shorts and a t-shirt everyday in the summer, and I've never died of heat stroke. As for objectification of women, it's obviously a problem, but so is objectification of men. Sexuality is present in both men and women, and as a man I can certainly say that some girls just want me for sex. I don't think lust is an issue, so long as you keep your thoughts to yourself and never act on them without consent. The dress code simply aims to make schoolplaces a proffesional environment free from distraction, and if you think being able to wear your booty shorts or muscle shirt is more important than the education of those around you, you have a serious issue.

• No it really isn't if both sexes are involved in getting dress coded.

Yes girls are typically the ones to get dress coded but it's only because you can't follow the rules. So if your shorts are to short and your ass is hanging out it might be distracting to others trying to learn. Or if your boobs are showing it's even harder.

• It's not sexist if it applies to both sexes

School dress codes apply to everybody, not just women. In a guy's outfit, how often do you see indecency? Not often, men don't show off their body, but women do. If a guy wore a spaghetti strap tank top, he'd be violating dress code too. I've actually seen a guy being dress coded for wearing really short shorts, so women, stop acting like they are targeting you and understand that female clothes is sluttier than mens

• Same rules for everyone

The same rules apply to everyone. Nothing sexist about it. If someone breaks the rules they need to be disciplined, I've seen both genders get coded before. The rules are pretty easy to understand there are no excuses. I've been coded before and it's not the end of the world, I knew I was breaking the rules and covered up.

lovells_hoe says2018-02-03T16:28:48.470
It’s only human nature to be attracted to the female body, especially in adolescence