• Without a doubt, yes.

Until you've been where those kids are, bullied day in day out, made to feel worthless, don't try to give insight. I know from experience. Yes, it does often get better, but how long can you keep on waiting? Every person has a limit to what they can take. If you haven't had it happen to you, being bullied relentlessly, you can't have a fully rounded opinion on the subject. I had thoughts of doing it while being bullied at school, but I'm glad not to have gotten to that point to have acted on those thoughts. Don't misunderstand me, I don't believe people should kill, but those bullies definitely deserve to be shot.

• Yes they are

Before Columbine, many kids were bullied countless times and many adults had paid no attention whatsoever. After Columbine many schools stepped their level of security and toughened consequences on bullying. Today, less kids have to worry about getting beat up and picked on as many schools understand the potential of what bullying may do to a kid.

• They can be

Killing bullies may be the only real what to prevent future bullying. Bullying can be torture, and has resulted in peoples deaths before. That you should have a right to defend yourself against threats to your life with deadly force should go without question. The problem is when those not involved are targeted.

• To a limited extent, yes

They may be justified - but only against habitual harassers. Let's face it: Our schools are not interested in protecting students from harassment. I think most of those who say it's not justified have never been terrorized at school themselves. It's hard to see how anyone who was harassed repeatedly don't think that some severe action must be taken.

• To some degree yes

School shootings are justified if it is specific victims who continually bully innocent people for no reason, and yet receive no punishment. Post Columbine physical bullying was extremely high, nowadays it is more calmed down.
    Although this has calmed down emotional bullying hasn't, in fact people in modern day schools are horrible verbally and online, this sent me into severe depression in Middle school and high school as the people were continually bullying me.
    I often envisioned myself attacking SOME of the bullies at my school in some kind of revenge, but would never consider doing it. I understand when put under severe psychological pressure from bullying it can cause you to do extreme actions.
    If it is a case of just shooting everyone, even if they have done nothing to you, i disagree with this, but if it is a case of hunting down bullies (which at my school was approximately 50%) then fair enough this is revenge for years of torment and stress.

• Yes they are

With the amount of failures and bullies in today's society yes they were justified. But it doesn't help much because them killing the bullies just makes society coddle them even more. 89% of all high school kids should just drop out sooner. They're gonna fail anyway might as well leave before someone shoots up a schools because of them or the get pregnant and drop out anyway.

• Yes they are

Think of it. Some schools pay no attention to the bullying. They have a good reason to do it. It is the schools fault that it happen and they are also responsible because the did not stop or punish the bullies. That's why we need to take care of bullying.

• Those who vote no have you ever being bullied before ??

I understand in some aspect of my opponent side saying killing people can never be justified no matter what reason behind. Yes i agree but it's not totally correct. If you kill innocent good people then you should be condemn but killing bad guys you should never feel guilt in my point of view, why should you ?Did they deserve forgiveness and empathy ? NO of course not. The only way that you can protect yourself from Bad guys from harming you constantly is by killing them. For example, if a a criminal want to kill you or your family then the only you can protect yourself is killing them before they kill you. It's the basic rule of self defense.

Yet these concept can also be applied as well if you are being regulary bullied in schools. Imagine, if you are being regulary beaten everyday in school by your peers and you come back with injuries all over your bodies to home everytime, that is a traumatic feelings for you and also for your family as well. Sometimes kids shoot'em up in school because they cannot endure the suffering anymore just like rape victims can't endure suffering when they are being sexually abused every day by acquaintance. Being bullied suffer as much as emotional harm as victims of rape or other form of violent crime.

Many of them also developed Post-traumatic-stress disorder, suicidal thoughts and severe depression. Also you must remind that bullying cause countless of death from suicide. There are much higher rate of suicide than school shooting.

To sum up. I don't consider school shooting as terrorism because there is nothing to feel sorrow and pain for those victims. They deserve it for what they have done to those shooters.

I feel sorry and pain for victims of bullying much more than victims of school shooting.

• Yes it is because bullies themselves are criminals

Some sort of bullying such as cyber and physical bullying are illegal. So when you do illegal stuff you are considered as a criminal. Because of this criminals deserve not to get shot. Not only this, but bullying are to blame for high rate suicide and self harm among young people. Imagine how would you feel when you go to school for being tortured every day ? Many of you guys couldn't bare it. Also bullying damage the reputation of schools,damage academic skills among students because they either skip school too often or don't pay attention on assignment or the teacher because they don't have enough concentration.

In conclusion for these reason, in my point of view school shooting is a form of justified mass murder because simply bullies deserve no empathy. They should also have no right to live because their life is unworthy.

• Calloused indifference causes shootings

Most of the "victims" deserve to be killed. Imagine going to school every day, bullied into near selective mutism being ignored and judged a silenced whenever you spoke. Feeling so alienated and full of negativity could never join in. These shootings will continue to happen until the schools get their head out of their ass and start creating a school system that teaches us that we are family and get rid of the cliques and barriers we are taught are normal. If someone is hurting in our family we all hurt sometimes killed. It's up to you society...Care and love the least of these or get killed

• Punishment Outweighs Crime

No.

I believe that shootings are unjustified. When it comes down to it, you are taking the lives of people who bullied you. While they are indeed entitled to some form of punishment, it should not be a death sentence. In a perfect world where all is fair and dandy, people who insult you or beat you would receive the same treatment as punishment. The only justification for doing something harmfull unto someone else is if they did the exact same thing unto you, which will almost never happen because you would have to replicate the exact emotional turmoil that the action caused to the victim and apply it to the evildoer, which is near impossible because each person is affected differently when insulted. (some take it more heavily than others, etc.)

This is assuming only the bullies are the ones to be harmed. In most cases, the shooter simply vents his anger by unloading rounds into everyone, which is never, ever justified.

• School shootings are unacceptable in EVERY circumstance.

Someone who is "bullied" does not have the right to exact a death sentence upon his aggressors. To think that so many condone this most extreme form of violence is unfathomable. Schools have been around for thousands of years, but only in the past couple hundred have a select number of students decided that the only way they could "cope" with the daily "torments" of regular school life was by ending the lives of their tormentors and countless innocents, besides. It is juvenile. It is weak. It is reprehensible.

• Is this a real question?

No like seriously, I myself unfortunately been on both sides. I've been bullied, I eventually became the bully against bullies, but nevertheless... I was a bully. I've even became the person to speak out against bullying. Its a mean cycle. I think if everyone is real with themselves they have in some shape, form, or fashion has been faced with bullying from either side of it.
    But I think before We blame kids, I think we should look at what has been set before. I think kids do as they see, or what is considered to be normal. Or at least what Adult have allowed them to get away with. I think as adult its up to us to shed light on the seriousness of this issue.

With that being said, No I do not think being bullied justifies shooting up a school. I mean, look at the word... Justify: is having, done for, or marked by a good or legitimate reason. My heart goes out to those who have been bullied to the point they find their peace in taking lives, just to find out that that is fools gold. And shame on you who feel like he had a good or legitimate reason to this horrific act. Because you're teaching is that 2 wrongs make a right. Instead as adults correcting the issue itself. But it make sense that you would make an excuse for the boy, because your making excuses for yourself...

• Not at all, never...

School shootings, as well as any form of shooting or mass murder, is and never will be justified. Usually, those who initiate such crimes are victims of torment and bullying, and with external influences, they decide to execute vengeance in the form of murder. However, revenge is never equal to justice, and this form of retaliation is too extreme.

• No They Are Not

School shootings are not justified. As a matter of fact, no shootings like that are justified. There is no reason to bring a gun on a school campus and killing innocent people is probably the worst thing a person can do. It is absolutely terrible and those that do it deserve the death penalty.

• Ummmm... That's a no.

Shootings are NEVER (and should never) be justified, especially school shootings. The only time they are, is when whoever is attacking or made a mistake has a deadly weapon or has harmed others and is escaping with a weapon on hand. School shootings should never be done, even if it’s because of bullying. People are people and everyone makes mistakes, that does not mean anyone should kill them —unless they killed others and is holding a weapon. What is the purpose of even shooting someone? It’s not worth it. Whoever shoots someone for no reason could go to jail for 12 years, for anyone aged 17 or younger, and 15-30 years for adults. In conclusion, shootings should never be justified unless the suspect hurt someone and is running away with a weapon, or someone is threatening someone else (like a cop) with a deadly weapon, or the suspect shoots a police officer.

• Ummmm... That's a no.

• How Can You Ever Support It?

Having lived through a shooting myself in the work place, I find it completely detestable that so many people can even begin to believe that mindlessly gunning down your classmates is a justifiable response. We're talking about shooting and ending the lives of students in the middle of their prime, just because one student was bullied. Seeking help or physiological aid is a "justifiable response" not shooting your friends and fellow classmates.

• Give me one good reason

Am I correct in assuming that those who answered "yes" believe that bloodbaths like Sandy Hook were justified? 20 innocent 5 and 6-year-olds being slaughtered in cold blood? And the massacre at Virginia Tech? There was a purpose in gunning down 27 students and 5 teachers? What have they done to deserve that?

• Not okay at all

Shooting people is never okay that's it f f f f f ft f f. Ft. Ft. Ft f f. Ft. F f ft f. Ft. Ft. F f ft. F go. G go. G he. H h h he h. He h h h. H h h. H h

stephannoi says2015-07-05T01:35:08.410
How could someone vote yes on this question ?
stephannoi says2015-07-05T01:36:02.987
This shouldn't be a question at all.School shooting can never be justified.
stephannoi says2015-07-05T01:37:10.223
And if someone still think school shooting is normal then he/she Is disturbed.