• Without a doubt, yes.

Until you've been where those kids are, bullied day in day out, made to feel worthless, don't try to give insight. I know from experience. Yes, it does often get better, but how long can you keep on waiting? Every person has a limit to what they can take. If you haven't had it happen to you, being bullied relentlessly, you can't have a fully rounded opinion on the subject. I had thoughts of doing it while being bullied at school, but I'm glad not to have gotten to that point to have acted on those thoughts. Don't misunderstand me, I don't believe people should kill, but those bullies definitely deserve to be shot.

• Yes they are

Before Columbine, many kids were bullied countless times and many adults had paid no attention whatsoever. After Columbine many schools stepped their level of security and toughened consequences on bullying. Today, less kids have to worry about getting beat up and picked on as many schools understand the potential of what bullying may do to a kid.

• They can be

Killing bullies may be the only real what to prevent future bullying. Bullying can be torture, and has resulted in peoples deaths before. That you should have a right to defend yourself against threats to your life with deadly force should go without question. The problem is when those not involved are targeted.

• To a limited extent, yes

They may be justified - but only against habitual harassers. Let's face it: Our schools are not interested in protecting students from harassment. I think most of those who say it's not justified have never been terrorized at school themselves. It's hard to see how anyone who was harassed repeatedly don't think that some severe action must be taken.

• To some degree yes

School shootings are justified if it is specific victims who continually bully innocent people for no reason, and yet receive no punishment. Post Columbine physical bullying was extremely high, nowadays it is more calmed down.
    Although this has calmed down emotional bullying hasn't, in fact people in modern day schools are horrible verbally and online, this sent me into severe depression in Middle school and high school as the people were continually bullying me.
    I often envisioned myself attacking SOME of the bullies at my school in some kind of revenge, but would never consider doing it. I understand when put under severe psychological pressure from bullying it can cause you to do extreme actions.
    If it is a case of just shooting everyone, even if they have done nothing to you, i disagree with this, but if it is a case of hunting down bullies (which at my school was approximately 50%) then fair enough this is revenge for years of torment and stress.

• Yes they are

With the amount of failures and bullies in today's society yes they were justified. But it doesn't help much because them killing the bullies just makes society coddle them even more. 89% of all high school kids should just drop out sooner. They're gonna fail anyway might as well leave before someone shoots up a schools because of them or the get pregnant and drop out anyway.

• Yes they are

Think of it. Some schools pay no attention to the bullying. They have a good reason to do it. It is the schools fault that it happen and they are also responsible because the did not stop or punish the bullies. That's why we need to take care of bullying.

• In many cases, yes.

So many kids are bullied in horrific ways and get no justice. They end up killing themselves and the bullies receive no punishment. This is a horrible injustice, and it makes it quite obvious that the pathetic "God" many people believe in either doesn't exist or isn't worth praying to (but that's another issue in itself). I see depressed people blaming themselves for all the shit people give them. They take it out on themselves, and even if the aggressors are caught, they get a slap on the wrist and that's it. Those people deserve to be shot. And for those that compare justified school shootings (I can't remember names but I've definitely heard examples, there was the girl that killed her bully and then herself in the bathroom, there was the bullied "nerdy" boy that shot several other students and lived, there was the bullied kid who shot his two aggressors and them himself, so many others) to things like Columbine and Sandy Hook, you are utterly laughable. They weren't victims, they were nutjobs who killed for pleasure. And yes, for the people who were treated like shit and took revenge, I do indeed see them as victims. The words and actions of others consume them, and when they realize nobody else will give them justice, they make it for themselves. It's unfortunate that horrible people kill for pleasure and do it big-time so it makes the news and people don't hear about the "little guys" who show that bloodshed is justified in those cases and no boys in blue or man in the sky will help them. Bullies deserve to suffer, and I happily admit to feeling no empathy for them.

Society labels every school shooter "crazy" when the ones who do it out of revenge are, in my opinion, some of the sanest on this cruddy planet. They've got everything figured out.

• I've been there before

These bullies have the illusion of invincibility
    It sucks to be powerless all the time and be made to feel terrible about yourself
    Taking a gun and making them pay is the ultimate power fantasy
    It is the only way the roles can be reversed
    Most of the targeted victims aern't necessarily innocent (if the gunman wasnt just spraying bullets)

• Pumped up kicks.

Yes it is.

1 because if the school shoter isn't crazy, he did it almost every time to avenge again bullies and demonic teens and thot. So in this case. He kinda did the nature's job earlier than expected ( and may aborted someone far more dangerous than just a simple school shooter.. )

2 if he do is crazy, he killed peiple who were dumb enough to not recognize him as a crazy dangerous guy or could't neutralise him earlier.
    So didn't they simply deserved their own fate ?B

• School shootings are unacceptable in EVERY circumstance.

Someone who is "bullied" does not have the right to exact a death sentence upon his aggressors. To think that so many condone this most extreme form of violence is unfathomable. Schools have been around for thousands of years, but only in the past couple hundred have a select number of students decided that the only way they could "cope" with the daily "torments" of regular school life was by ending the lives of their tormentors and countless innocents, besides. It is juvenile. It is weak. It is reprehensible.

• They are not.

School shootings are never justified. No matter what has happened to someone in the past, no matter how bad it was, cannot justify going to a school and killing people. Anyone who thinks that there is a good reason to shoot up a school is crazy and needs to be checked out.

• No excuses for them

It doesn't matter whether they were bullied, there is no excuse for bringing a gun to school and shooting it up. And more often then not, there were severe psychological problems with the kids. The main problem is the bullying. A lot of kids are just told to suck it up and take it. This anger can be bottled up, then exploded out. But still, there is no excuse for these shootings.

• Punishment Outweighs Crime

No.

I believe that shootings are unjustified. When it comes down to it, you are taking the lives of people who bullied you. While they are indeed entitled to some form of punishment, it should not be a death sentence. In a perfect world where all is fair and dandy, people who insult you or beat you would receive the same treatment as punishment. The only justification for doing something harmfull unto someone else is if they did the exact same thing unto you, which will almost never happen because you would have to replicate the exact emotional turmoil that the action caused to the victim and apply it to the evildoer, which is near impossible because each person is affected differently when insulted. (some take it more heavily than others, etc.)

This is assuming only the bullies are the ones to be harmed. In most cases, the shooter simply vents his anger by unloading rounds into everyone, which is never, ever justified.

• Disgusting wicked and evil indeed

How can you say school shootings are justified it against the law!! It causes pain for the innocent families that have suffered because of these idiots who have nothing to do with them. What right do they think to take someones' life. These idiots should be locked away and never ever come out in their entire life time. How could someone be so evil and horrible and not nice???

• Not under any circumstance

It is offensive to even ask something like that. Even in cases of extreme bullying, this doesn't justify someone coming into a school and shooting anyone in sight, many of whom are likely innocent. Nothing can justify mindless killing. Two wrongs will never make a right, and the trauma caused by school shootings lives on for years after the shootings occur, haunting all of those who have been affected by it.

• Not at all, never...

School shootings, as well as any form of shooting or mass murder, is and never will be justified. Usually, those who initiate such crimes are victims of torment and bullying, and with external influences, they decide to execute vengeance in the form of murder. However, revenge is never equal to justice, and this form of retaliation is too extreme.

• No They Are Not

School shootings are not justified. As a matter of fact, no shootings like that are justified. There is no reason to bring a gun on a school campus and killing innocent people is probably the worst thing a person can do. It is absolutely terrible and those that do it deserve the death penalty.

• How Can You Ever Support It?

Having lived through a shooting myself in the work place, I find it completely detestable that so many people can even begin to believe that mindlessly gunning down your classmates is a justifiable response. We're talking about shooting and ending the lives of students in the middle of their prime, just because one student was bullied. Seeking help or physiological aid is a "justifiable response" not shooting your friends and fellow classmates.

• Give me one good reason

Am I correct in assuming that those who answered "yes" believe that bloodbaths like Sandy Hook were justified? 20 innocent 5 and 6-year-olds being slaughtered in cold blood? And the massacre at Virginia Tech? There was a purpose in gunning down 27 students and 5 teachers? What have they done to deserve that?

stephannoi says2015-07-05T01:35:08.410
How could someone vote yes on this question ?
stephannoi says2015-07-05T01:36:02.987
This shouldn't be a question at all.School shooting can never be justified.
stephannoi says2015-07-05T01:37:10.223
And if someone still think school shooting is normal then he/she Is disturbed.