• No More Uniforms!!!

Hey. I'm in 5th grade, and I say that school uniforms are bad. They ruin your chance to be unique from one another. If you had school uniforms, we will all be the same and even teachers might get confused who is who, because all the students are wearing the exact same thing!!! So I say that school uniforms should be banned.

• They are horrible!

We need to express ourselves and wear what WE want! Whats the point of looking like everyone else? I want to be unique! I should be able to dress girly or a punk or however i want this is the US the 21 century people get the through your head

• Y3s beri bad (like breaking bad lolz)

This very much bad cuz i h8 evry uniforms are badz becouse kids dont unifor cant even uniform becouse the 360 no scope cant with uniform thats why unforms is bads and pewdiepie is better dont go to school becouse thats bery mlg if ur gay or black ur wird lolzor b1tchez

• They are bad!!!!!!

When I go to school and play, they are uncomfortable as HECK!!! My principle makes me tuck in my shirt and when I play it untucks and I have to retuck it again and that is VERY annoying when I'm trying to enjoy my free time at recess time and it's only 30 MINUTES!!! Sigh... I hope a principle reads this.

• Sch00l un1f0rms are very bqd

StUd3nts d0 n0t gEt t0 expreSS theMse1ves. Sch00l un1f0rms d0nt lEt the stUdenT be mlg pr0 liek mE. TheY cqn n0t jUmp 0ff A bu1d1ng and 420 n0 sc0pe liek me. B3c4use of th4t un1f0rms sh0u1d and sh4ll b3 bqnned 1n th3 f4r bUt n0t d1st4nt fUtur3.

Y0ur 0ne 4nd 0nly,

mlg pro 420 scoper

• HI Uniforms bad

YOLO!! Uniforms are bad! Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi...

• Hi Iam Jacen I like school uniforms because they help prevent bulling. And I am in the 5th grade so I should know.

Because Iam in the 5th grade I get bulled a lot . No I do not like at all but I have to dell with them. And some times I go home crying because some one was picking on me or hit me because they do not like my cloths.

• Horrible. Horrendous. Horrifying. Hilarious.

Uniforms are horrible. And everything I described above. But how?
    1) They stop people from being who they are. They stop you from being unique in your own way. They are HORRIFYING non-stylist and it stops diversity.
    2) They are HORRENDOUSLY expensive. I mean like... It cost's $50 FOR ONE PAIR OF PANTS!
    3) Did you know 50% of bullying is created from uniforms.

Overall, you read above, and say that UNIFORMS ARE Horrible. Horrendous. Horrifying. Hilarious.
    Peace

• Uniforms are bad!

I mean, if you really like fashion then u only have two days per week to do that. School uniforms can make people look like someone that they aren't, you maybe have glasses and then people think that you're "a nerd". It's many kids that doesn't like school, and some get easy distract and with uncomfortable clothes that makes it more hard to concentrate.

• Are Uniforms Good for Schools?

Have you ever worn a school uniform? 23% of all schools are currently requiring school uniforms and for what? To help schools increase learning? Well guess what? It doesn't. School uniforms do not increase student learning, make schools safer, or help students. School uniforms are not good for schools.
    School uniforms do not increase student learning. Teachers keep referring to a school in Long Beach, California because uniforms helped them drastically. That was years ago. Recent tests say otherwise. Anthony Carboni says, “Literacy scores went up a little, there was no change in math, and for some reason social studies and science scores went down.” If scores went down, then those students might have to relearn the unit they just took the test on. If they do that, then you are missing out on what you could be learning if you did not have to relearn the unit because of uniforms. If you do not have uniforms then those scores would not go down and you would learn more. This is why school uniforms do not help student learning.
    School uniforms do not make schools safer. There are many dangers in schools like bullying and gangs. Anthony Carboni says, “Bullying did not change at all” and that “People still got bullied just the same.” School uniforms do not change bullying and that means schools are not any safer with school uniforms. This is why school uniforms do not make schools safer.
    School uniforms do not help students. Some may say that uniforms help students because they do not have to think about what to wear, but they’re wrong. Students need the freedom of choice in what to wear. Otherwise they do not learn how to make decisions for later in life. There are many things that uniforms do not help and students is one of them. Gulden says, "Life has enough hurdles for families and kids; I don't think one of them should be here at school.” Clothes are also a way for kids to express themselves. With uniforms, students do not get a choice of what they want to wear which doesn’t allow them to express themselves and show who they are. This is why school uniforms do not help students.
    These are all the reasons why school uniforms are bad for schools. Don’t encourage school uniforms. Think about it, They don’t just hurt us, they hurt everyone.

• No they are not bad at all :)

Well i had school unifrom when I lived in India, well think about it what does uni means it means unity, wearing unifroms shows that students are equal and are united.There r bullying based on clothes.I think that it depends on school, I agree that schools should not have a jacket or a coat or full sleeves there should be different for summer and winter.I have seen my friend and Honestly i have also been bullied by some cool guys who always wear clothes from branded companies, and etc.I have seen this and many people may have seen this too.Well put youself in others shoe.I have a debate on this topic only so I gave a idea for this topic and nobody wanted to be in my group because they dont like unifroms and I did my debate by myself there was no one in my team.
    Pls stop bullying guys who you feel that r uncool.
    Well think about it for a minute or so......

• Of course they are!

Some students don't like the fact that they have to spend 140-500 dollars to buy uniforms and then actually wearing them. 50% of bullying comes just from uniforms. And they take the creativity away from the students too, taking that away would bore them to death wishing that school never came the next day.

• Very cool idea

Easier, cheaper and equal and School Uniforms ensure no one stands out for their clothes

School is a place for people to learn to be better. To learn subjects, and to interact with others. Unfortunately, many students use clothes for attention, making their school experience less useful and relevant. Girls dress sexy to get attention, some kids may dress like freaks, others like punks, and others still, in expensive clothes that others admire, thus gaining admiration without having worked for it. There should be school uniforms at all schools

• Uniforms aren't bad they passify bullying

No one can say that you look better then someone. It makes no sense it unifys schools evry day some could be getting bullied for their clothing and its not fair to that person. Uniforms are benefitial towards schools and then some. There fore you need no dress code. This way you have the same respected level

• School Uniforms ensure no one stands out for their clothes

School is a place for people to learn to be better. To learn subjects, and to interact with others. Unfortunately, many students use clothes for attention, making their school experience less useful and relevant. Girls dress sexy to get attention, some kids may dress like freaks, others like punks, and others still, in expensive clothes that others admire, thus gaining admiration without having worked for it. There should be school uniforms at all schools.

• Easier, cheaper and equal

I am 16 and from England, so here we do have school uniforms. I think its a good thing because we do have days when we are allowed to wear what we want but let me tell you, they may as well call it 'judgement day'. Because all it does is make everyone feel as if they are in a competition for who is wearing the best clothes. Everyone feels judged and not all kids can afford the latest/coolest stuff to wear, which probably just gives them the chance to feel very uncool or like everybody is laughing at them.
    Also, there would be help for kids who cant afford a uniform, although its much cheaper to buy a uniform than a regular outfit!

There isn't a problem with the whole 'what about kids who don't want to wear it' because no school in England has to wear something absolutely terrible because the majority us black trousers/skirt, a shirt and a jumper/blazer, plus everyone is wearing it so who cares!

Even though it can be annoying, im glad we have a school uniform, just makes school a lot easier, couldn't be dealing with deciding what to wear every day :)

• No more uniforms!

I think school uniforms are unfair because they dont let you express creativity at all. I think they should be banned from America because America is supposed to be a free country. The color of uniforms are really bland and boring and I really think kids should be able to express what they wear!

• No, uniforms should not be disregarded completely.

It really depends on the location of the school and its history. In some schools in a bad neighborhoods, gangs are a danger as well as bullying. With uniforms, students and teachers alike do not have to worry about being different as well as promoting gang activity. If a school is in a neighborhood with imminent gang violence and colors, uniforms can help protect and stop the promotion of it. On the other hand, if the neighborhood is good and there is not a lot of bad history of bullying, then students should be free to express themselves however they can. Being a middle schooler myself, in school that does not have any uniforms sways my opinion a little, but it really should be dependent on previous activity in the neighborhood and school

• A way for students to express themselves.

There is a serious problem when we decide that conformity comes before individuality. If I love to listen to The Black Keys, I should be able to express that by wearing a Black Keys T-shirt. Where happens to a child's sense of personal identity and uniqueness when he/she looks the same as their classmates?

• Stupid uniforms in Australian schools

Kids in Australia have always wanted a chance to be unique and be able to express their opinions. Not to mention the cost of them. When it is hot outside we are to wear a blazer even if it is hot. It never lets children express their opinions. What if there was a natural disaster and parent can't identify the child

Courtney,
    Yr 7
    Australia

jkkk says2015-02-13T19:46:21.490
Uniform is horrible