• Kids need a chance to express themselves in clothing.

Kids must express themselves in clothing so people know their personality by seeing their clothing. And everyone looks the same. It is not fair to kids and the uniforms look ridiculous! It's stupid. I mean like people should be able to wear what they want to wear. Am I right!

• No Creativity in students

Some students like to express themselves through what they where. But some schools take away that option, and take away creativity. My mom is always saying you need to be more creative... It is kind of hard to express my creativity when my school takes my only chance to show off my creativity.

• Uniforms are cool

Uniforms help children concentrate on the work they need to do. Take it from a 6th grader. My school has a lot of Peer pressure on students about what they wear. We should switch to uniforms. But I do like wearing something different every day. But if you don't have the latest clothing "Get outta here" that's just how it is

• I totally agree.

I really feel that uniforms are a good idea. They bring uniformity in the students. After wearing uniforms no child will be able to boast and make snide comments on children who might not be well to do. When all the children wear uniforms each and every student holds the same position in the class.

• Uniforms improve many facets of school life.

Uniforms improve security in schools as teachers and staff can quickly see who should and who should not be on school grounds. Uniforms create equality among students, so students are judged by what they do and say and not by what they wear and how much money they have. Uniforms can also be designed to improve safety in other ways by ensuring that every child is wearing clothing that is sun safe, appropriate for the weather and non-provocative. Uniforms promote a sense of school pride and belonging as well as giving the school an identity in the community. Uniforms improve students' focus. If a student looks like a student and feels like a student, he is more likely to act like a student.

• They are awesome

Uniforms are a huge advertisement for the school. When you are wearing a uniform, you are representing the school. For example, you go out for lunch or you are taking the bus or subway, the way you act is representing the school on your behalf. Uniforms show a form excellence, and discipline, the way the students act can reflect on how others see the school. I feel students have a sense of responsibility when they leave the school, because of the uniform.

• It is a good idea as:

Firstly, if a child goes on a school trip without uniform then they could get lost in the crowd if it is very crowded. At least if they are in uniform they would be distinctive in a crowd and would stand out in a cowd but not with the school.
    Secondly, if someone would have the latest designer clothes then they would feel left out and like they didn't belong.
    Thirdly, everyone is equal so no one will feel left out
    Finally, if people represent a school without a uniform policy then it would look silly as they would not not be in uniform thus not being able to win for the school.

• No school uniform

It does not let students express themselves.

No, I don't believe that wearing uniforms to school is a good idea. I use to wear a uniform to school and it made school less exciting for me. Before I use to be excited on what to wear the next day. Then help my friends out and give them feed back on all their accessories. I also use to get excited seeing this cute outfit and getting to show my friends the next day. After the uniform policy it was weird seeing people wearing the same thing as me everyday and it made me feel less encouraged to come to school. Another reason to oppose is that some people that agreed with the uniforms think that it makes it easier to for people that are struggling with money to have a uniform policy. But really uniforms cost money, my mom even stated 'that the cost is high for uniforms'. So really it is almost cheaper for them to buy descent lower priced clothes than uniforms.

• Yes it is.

I believe wearing a school uniform could be beneficial to the school environment because it can reduce the number of times a student is sent down to the principals office and the umber of times the office has to address this a day to just about none. It could also help with the problems between boys and girls.

• Why they are good for schools

They will help stop bulling because people wont judge other people how they look or what they are wearing this will also help because some people will not be associate with gangs and other kind of special groups. This will help schools by not having distractions in the classes then they will considerate on they work

• Listen Up Yo

Alright so first of all we all know uniforms suck.BIG TIME! You know why?! They can be SUPER uncomfortable and we cant wear what we want! Think of how awful the school would be if girls couldn't wear yoga pants. They would go on a riot! We would have to ban girls. Think if boys couldn't wear shorts. WE would hurt so much!!!!!!!!!!!

• It does not let students express themselves.

• No, it's not a good idea.

No, I do not believe school uniforms are a good idea. We should promote individuality with children instead of conformity. Kids need to be able to dress how they want to, adhering to a list of school dress codes of course. However, it's important to a child's personality to dress how they wish.

• Freedom of Expression

This is an obvious violation of constitutional rights. What is the point of having a freedom of expression rule if you are forced to wear clothes. Kids who have less responsibilities become low income, low class Americans. That equals job loss and equals poverty. Then america has to spend more money on welfare. All because school districts enforced uniforms in school.

• Uniforms are not a good idea.

In some schools, they not allowed to express themselves. They are sent to the office and written up just for wearing colorful hair scarves, bows, and etc. They should be allowed to wear what they want to wear and not get in trouble for it. So, they should be allowed to wear regular clothes.

• We have our own clothes we want to wear

We have our won clothes that express who we are. I buy clothe based on what I like, and I guarantee that I don't like school uniforms. Its not like im going to wear them anywhere other then school so whats the point in spending a ton of money on clothes I cant wear out of school

• It cause fighting

People from different schools can fight because maybe one of the schools has expensive uniform and the other on cheap ones. Children can still wear like expensive coats on the winter or expensive accessories or use expensive perfumes so it does not make any big diference. So i don't think uniforms are good.

• No it is not good

I go to a British curriculum school which requires a specific uniform to be warn and I am against it because when there is a uniform than there is more srict rules of wearing that and that I even get in trouble for wearing a wrong colour elastic!! Whats next wrong colour for underwear?! Were supposed to where white shoes on P.E they force us to buy/wear white shoes even though it would dirty and become black/brownish we need to by new expensive white shoes. Even for kids who dont what to wear their glasses are forced to whear them or else we have a penalty of $5.

• In between but more on the no side.

I really don't care about school uniforms, but if they are to be worn, they should be more of a spirit-wear and only be worn on certain days. If they are to be worn every day, it won't show the student's likes or dislikes. It also makes the school look more bland and "normal"

• It eliminates individuality!

Having everyone wear the exact same thing eliminates one big way kids express themselves. Being able to wear clothes you want is how lots of people express themselves, and having uniforms would stop that. Also, it would be boring if everyone looked exactly the same. Having a rule that everyone must dress the same can impact young children especially, and cause them to think that anyone looking or being different. Also, when I had to wear uniforms, it cost my family MORE money, since we had to buy uniforms as well as clothes for out of school.