Are school uniforms a violation of students' rights?

• Peanut butter is good

I am highly upsessed with peantut nutter and peanut butter is my life and all i eat is peanut butter on top of pie and iabsolutely love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love Peanut Butter!

• I like pie

PIE IS AMAZING AND BETTER THAN YOU AND YOU NEED TO STOP BEING SO JELLY OF THe PIE AND LEARN TO BE PEANUT BUTTER i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i LOVE PIE

• I like pie

• No, they aren't.

Uniforms are protection for students, in my opinion. When there are school uniforms, no one is judged by how they dress and whether they are poor or rich. When it comes to uniforms, appearance wise, everyone is on an even playing field. And this is important in the school environment.

• School uniforms eliminate many problems.

Opponents state that school uniforms restrict a students right to self expression. There is plenty of time for that after school. Most entry level jobs require some sort of uniform. Why not train our youth on the maintenance and etiquette expected with these uniforms? A pair of ironed slacks and a button up shirt are standard even for the interview process.

• No, and school uniforms are not a bad idea.

School uniforms will stop students from wearing lewd or inappropriate clothing. They are not an infringement of rights at all.

I would disagree with any move to abolish school uniforms policies. It seems silly and doesn't make sense. What reasons are there, legitimate reasons, to even suggest that school uniforms violate student rights?

• No, I don't think school uniforms are a violation of students rights.

I think that a school should have the ability to require that students wear a certain uniform, I don't think taking away a students ability to express themselves with clothing is a violation of their rights, I think a violation of their rights would be restricting what they could talk about or restricting what they could write about.

• There is a valid purpose.

No, school uniforms are not a violation of students' rights, because students have fewer rights at school, so that schools can keep order. Students are not allowed to protest during school hours either, or walk around undressed. Schools have purposes other than freedom of speech, and they need to keep students focused on their schoolwork.

• No They Aren't

School uniforms are no more a violation of students rights, then work uniforms are a violation to employees rights. Uniforms are not used to harm students, they are used to create a neutral environment. I find uniforms to be beneficial to the school setting. Kids can still wear what they please during the weekend.