Are school uniforms good preparation for future careers?

• School uniforms is a good preparation for the future

Schools making students wear school uniforms is definitely something that helps them prepare for the future. It lets them know that in a setting where they must conduct themselves professionally that they should also dress the part. I don't completely agree that it is something that is necessary to learn at such an early age. As far as wearing it goes, they should just use it around high school age and not earlier.

• They help in the future

When you get a job it is likely to require a uniform so wearing a uniform as a child will help it won't bother you as much so what I'm saying is that it is good to have uniforms ok so it would be better to go to a school with uniforms

• Uniforms as preparation for the job at hand.

When you put on a uniform, whether as a child in school or an adult in the workforce, you are preparing yourself for the task at hand. When a healthcare professional puts on his/her scrubs it clicks something in the mind. You are now no longer an average Joe/Jane, you are a medical professional. It's the same with other professional. Take a good look at someone when they put on dress clothes and head out to a fancy event. They have a different mindset then when they were in the informal clothes. Children deserve the same opportunity to get their heads in the "zone" before they start their school day.

• Uniforms are good

Even though we are all very different, school uniforms can help kids to think no matter what social class they are, they are really very similar. It would cut down on bullying and violence. A lot of times bullies pick on the clothes you wear and what you have. In a school uniform system, you couldn’t make fun of someone’s clothes and it would be hard to determine if they were poor or rich. If kids get picked on, they might snap and hurt several people, or get themselves hurt.
    Some great students are terrible dressers. In a school without uniforms, students like this wouldn’t be able to be the great student they could be because of peer pressure. In a school with uniforms, this kid could reach his full potential.

• I believe in uniforms

As a student working on a debate, I believe my school should implement a uniform. It does prepare for the future by the discipline that it creates. The uniforms start a sense of unity and trust that we all need with our classmates and future co-workers. Uniforms should definitely be added to many schools across our nation to prepare the future generations.

• It prepares a child for future jobs

Many jobs in offices require suits. Some stores require a certain color shirt and some fast food places like Subway provide you with the clothes you need to wear to work so no matter where you go in life you will always be under dress code so why not start early?

• It's just like work

Many jobs have a uniform. Many more have a de facto uniform; like an office where one is required to wear a business suit or other attire. Since this is pretty much how it is nowadays, I don't feel there is any harm in getting kids accustomed to it early in their lives.

• Yes yes yes

They are good because it prepares you for the workforce and they make you look smart and they also prevent bullying so yeah they are good I hope you agree with me please please please follow my side of the point please please please please please please please please please

• It prepares you for the task

Ahead, if you are a student or a young adult you will probably find it easier and more reliable if you are wearing a uniform. The fact that the two countries and international issues studies law and order I the for the me and my sister dad friends with you and on t a

• They are good

Grb. Rbg. Egg. Bad grb bad dv never. Fen f f fa f f. F f f f. F f f f f. F f f f f. F f f f f f. F f f f funn n no n n mm m j m j kkk j j mn j h he h h he h he hn jn j jn

• No no no no no no no no no no no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No no no no no no no no no no no no

• No no no no no no no no no no no no

• No no no

No no no l l l l l l l l l l l. Lol l l l lol lol l l. Lol l. L l l l lol l. L. L l. BLv l. L. L. L lb k. Bel. Bo l. V l. Very l l. L b l. L. L. Lol l lNO

• No no no

• Need to be individual

You get job by how good you are at that subject, not all jobs have dress codes, they hurt more than help, no true preparation from dress codes, achievements make you successful not clothes, need freedom, no help in education, most people don't like dress codes. Overall, dress codes SUCK!

• Need to be individual

We should be individual as much as possible, no true preparation, they can lead to more stress later in life, will struggle about what is dress code worthy, they hurt more rather than help, not all jobs need uniforms, you get a job by how good you are at that subject.

• Need to be individual

• School Uniforms and the Real World.

The enforcement of uniforms encourages conformity. Most work places don’t even require uniforms, there may be a dress code for which the employee must adapt. However, unless a person is working in a lower-paying job, uniforms will not be required. Well-paid work tends to reject uniformity, and for good reason, the demands of the future include qualities such as assertiveness, creativity, individuality, originality, a spontaneous personality, being a self-starter, taking initiatives, being able to cope with change. None of the values mentioned in the preceding sentence are taught by enforcing a uniform policy. Uniform requirements are an outdated practice that needs to be done away with.

• What does uniforms have to do with getting a job

You don't get a job by saying "Oh,I'll get a job by looking nice. Unless you're a model no way are you getting a job by how you look. This is why I don't see why people think this way it's strange . I didn't have uniforms when I was a kid. -Stein

Anonymous says2013-03-19T16:43:35.663
I think they do because a lot of jobs need people to wear uniforms so they're all ready used to them