Are Schools going overboard with blocking websites?

Asked by: VenomxShocker
  • You can't control everything.

In an ideal society, schools would teach their students the difference between "right" and "wrong" and use restrictive measures to prevent their students from being influenced. However, a bird's going to have to leave it's nest one day, and when they do, who is to say they won't be exposed to the "bad" stuff? And when they do encounter something that's "bad", how would they know how to deal with it, especially if they were never taught to?

• You took the words out of my mouth.

Ok. the only website available (as of today) for a break. From Jan 19- to Feb 4th, 2017, it was blocked. Sure some sites need blocking, but others, no. A thousand times, no. Websites like cool math games do not need blocking. And school officials know it. Nuff said. -Conner

• Yes, most definitely

How much is blocked depends on the school, but for mine I just get left thinking one thing: "Really?".
    All games are blocked, even educational games. All forums it knows of are blocked, even things like fish keeping. Heck, a few times things I've needed for school have been blocked.

• Not all of the material is inappropriate2

I can say with absolute certainty that students are being restricted from websites that shouldn't be cited as inapprote. I will use creepypasta wiki as an example some of the stories do contain graphic language and horror themes but commonly around high school students are reading huckleberry finn, notorious for using the N word, to kill a mockingbird, and other stories with dark undertones

• Porn in school

Sucks and is quite inappropriate. Enough Said. I have presented my outstanding case. I was once a porn addict, but the school didn't allow it, and it stopped, so now, I'm a better person, and I only watch porn in the bathroom, not in the classroom. Spread the word of the lord: