• Everyone gets straight As

I am a rising sophomore, and as a freshman my lowest overall grade was a 95. I got a perfect score on the precalculus final, a 98 in freshman world history, and a 98 in mathematics 3 (common core). School is just a lot of busy work. I could do so much more and so could many others. I wish they had more levels than academic honors and advanced. Kids who are good at picking up foreign languages shouldn’t have to take 6 classes to do AP. Advanced math and science students should have faster curriculums . I will admit however that many schools offer this, I took precalculus as a freshman without skipping a single level. Classes are too slow.

• Nobody should get straight A's.

Everyone learns at a different pace, and regular public schools don't currently have the flexibility to deal with that. Kids who could be learning faster are not allowed to, while kids who learn slower struggle. If a kid gets A's all the time... That is not a triumph! It means the work is too easy. When a student gets nothing but A's, the teacher should be free to assign increasingly difficult material until that student is getting a mix of A's, B's and C's. NOW you know the student is being challenged! Grade levels should not be rigid structures that trap a child for a set amount of time (a school year). If a child finishes the grade curriculum "early" they should naturally be allowed to move on to the next grade of work WHENEVER that that level of proficiency is reached, whether it's at the end of a school year or not. So teachers -- what would work better in practical terms: That each teacher teaches a range of 3-4 grade levels... Or that each teacher teaches 1 grade level and students are moved on from teacher to teacher whenever they are ready?

• I’ve been in 1-6 so far and not been interested in a subject since grade 5

Everything in school from good grades too graduating there are a lot of kids who don’t take their grades seriously because they know they’re going to pass one kid got 23/74 and he did not give any care in the world I get good grades like 85% perfect scores 90% and I sometimes just don’t pay attention in class I don’t study and I still get honours like seriously one you get to middle school it shouldn’t have been that easy.

• Not challenging enough

I'm in my last year of middle school. School has been a breeze. I haven't studied even once. Language Arts is probably one of the worst classes because it's mostly reteaching what you learned the previous year, and SOMETIMES teaching new things. Very rarely does anyone learn anything new. Some kids may have a harder time but most kids in my grade haven't had anything less than an A-. More Advanced classes should be available to those who should be challenged. Education , and although this may sound harsh, seems to cater towards the dumber kids, making everyone else suffer.

• School is awesomely easy

I am a 6th grader, which is the beginning of middle school here, and I am really, seriously bored in math. Basically, they loop the same knowledge in 5th grade around, making us learn it all again. I feel like the system is tailored to the needs of the weakest students, and does not feel the need for a harder education for gifted children.

• It's too easy

Everyone is basically handed out As these days for showing up for class and doing the minimum. In class, kids are babied and not given enough work to actually comprehend and applied what was learned in class. Which holds back "gifted" or actively engaged and passionate students so that the kids who don't care get an extra day to do homework or understand something instead of just studying like the rest of us. The teacher holds students hands until they graduate and they are shocked by how the real world works, no one cares if you were busy, if you can't do your work you will get fired. Students like me are struggling in class because we want to learn more than what is going to be on the test and are curious students. At my school, many students are in honors or AP classes that they don't belong in. For example, there is a kid in my honors biology class who isn't engaged, doesn't do their work and disrespects the teacher making what is supposed to be a "rigorous course" a day care. Schools having low expectations for their students only holds us back, what we learned only accommodates the test we are taking next, students now feel entitled to the grade they get and the amount of homework assigned.

• Repetition Throughout the Grades

Everything in school seems to repeat itself through the grades. You can learn something one year, understand it, but still the schools seems like it has the need to teach you the exact same thing again. Why even bother paying attention in class when they are repeating the same things.

• School is definitely too easy

School is too easy because, when we learn, they take an entire day to teach us what we can learn on our own in half of a hour. Also, we relearn a lot of things. For example, we learned number lines in first grade, and we relearned it every other year.

• School is too Easy BUT...

Schools need a way to decide if children are too smart for the basic standards. But they just aren't getting it.
    Many schools are denying the proper education for highly intelligent children. These children are called gifted. They aren’t always “just smart.” These are the people who have an innovative way to solve problems and quickly react to what is presented to them. These are the people who will read the back of containers just because there is nothing for them to do or learn. Imagine that in the classroom. The teacher might have kids solving problems on white boards, but to the gifted child it is just review, so they doodle or read their book. It looks like the child is unmotivated, or not paying attention because they don’t understand what is being presented. Then the teacher continues teaching this review until the gifted kid “get’s it.”
    Schools go out of their way to give children with disabilities the same right to learn as any other kid, but what about the gifted kids? They are the future of the human race. These are the Steve Jobs and Marie Curies of this generation. Imagine being in a classroom and being taught first grade work when you are in eighth grade, and being asked to actively participate and pay attention. It makes no sense. This is how the gifted kids feel.

• No, schools are not too easy.

No, I do not believe that schools are too easy and instead are challenging students to new levels. I think that schools are setting standards high for each student, and therefore are preparing students for either a career after graduation or some type of military or place in the workforce. I think that students are coming out well-educated.

• School is not too easy.

I don't feel as if schools are too easy. It hasn't been that long since I was in K-12, and I don't remember school being easy. I remember having really hard assignments even as early as third grade. I always felt challenged and when I did well on assignments, I felt as though I had worked hard.

• No, I don't believe that our schools are too easy.

I would think the general argument being made for our schools being too easy, would be that so many students do poorly, and some even go on to drop out entirely. But, perhaps the real problem is the lack of change in how our school educate our children. There have been numerous stories of innovative teachers finding new ways to present the idea of learning to our youth with very good results.

If children are having problems following their teachings, maybe it isn't their fault at all, and we should simply change the delivery of education instead of making it all easier. After all, children get bored very easily -- I know I did -- and so, if something isn't working, wouldn't it be foolish to keep trying in the exact same manner?

• No, not necessarily.

There are many factors to consider for this question. Some students are naturally more intelligent than others and may require courses that challenge them. Sometimes school teachers think there is something wrong with a student because they act up in class or do not focus on the lessons. Many times this is due to the fact that the student is bored. The school lessons are not challenging enough to stimulate the child's brain. In these cases, school can be considered easy but for the majority of students, the school lessons are just right for where they are. In high school, students can better determine what challenges them appropriately and choose their coursework accordingly.