• C.U.M faceeeff fr

Hey i belive e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e gv gv gv fv cv cx xd x x x x cx c c cf f f cf fv vf

• Science and religion operate on different postulates.

Science and religion operate under different assumptions. Religion states that God is the author of the universe and of life, and certain postulates in religious writings should not be questioned because God made it so. Science, on the other hand, is based on observation, experiment and can always be challenged if experimental data goes against long-held beliefs.

• Religion is too broad, and subjective, a term to have a place in modern science.

Many scientific subjects, including the origin of the human race and why natural phenomena occur, are also religious subjects in many instances. However, there is a huge variety of religions and religious sects that all have their own beliefs, and these beliefs often contradict. What's more, a substantial percentage of religious beliefs are based on unproven, supernatural occurrences that are based on faith, while science is more about proving its theories through an observable process. In this way, science and religion are actually very different, and many religious beliefs run counter to the scientific method.

• God and the big bang

Science can explain alot of things except of what came before our universe and only god knows that because he is both the beginning and the end. If Albert Einstein the greatest scientist of all time thinks they can work togather why can't we. If we put god and science togather we can make even more discoveries. While the Big Bang is part of our existence it did not make itself but god did make the Big Bang lets see you try to recreate the Big Bang ill be one of the first to congratulate you if you can pull it off.

• Hm.... What to say

Religion does ignore science. That does not mean a religious person cannot be a scientist. On that note a religious scientist should tread carefully as to what he can and cannot prove. Only that which can be proven or dismissed through evidence falls in the realm of science. That which must be accepted on faith alone regardless of evidence is religious. These two terms are mutually exclusive. One could argue that god is the genius behind the complexity we are attempting to unravel. Then again if you make that argument you are essentially accepting something that has not been proven to be true as a basis for your argument. First prove god exists then go from there otherwise until proven true leave him out of any theories you expound. Now thats a scientist.

• Yes they are

Yes they are very exclusive of one another.

While religion has it's uses these uses differ vastly from the uses and application of science. Religion is most helpful in inspiring fear and hatred in people. As shown through the countless injustices done in it's name. While science has shown to be a guiding force in the betterment of humanity. Religion has also been shown to be a hindrance in the pursuit of knowledge and freedom for all.

• Do some research!!

Before people start saying that Christians are thick and unwilling to accept science, they need to actually understand what Christians believe!! Stop thinking that we worship a 4,000-year-old book; we worship God and understand science as one of his great miracles. The Bible was written for people at that time; they wouldn't have been able to even imagine the universe in all its complexity, so why confuse them? The Bible's story of creation is merely a simpler explanation of the Big Bang.

• Yes they are very exclusive of one another.

• No, but I think people would like to believe that.

No, but I think people would like to believe that the two are. I find oddly enough, science minds and religious minds are oddly alike in their desire for things to be black and white. God works in mysterious ways, right? So why isn't it possible that HE created science?

• Christian Creation Story Follows Basic Science

Religion and science are not mutually exclusive. The Christian creation story of the Garden of Eden follows basic scientific principles. First, stars were created and then the planets. Then life on Earth developed with creatures in the ocean and then on the land. Finally, humans walked the Earth. The same order of things observed in the Book of Genesis is also regarded as the scientific order of how the Earth came to be, only spread out over billions of years instead of six days.

• Science is just as much a religion as Christianity

Whilst scientists describe the Big Bang and the expanding universe, string theory and gravitational waves, general and special relativity and work out the physics of the physical universe, they don't actually explain the basic question of where did all of the compressed matter that is currently exploding as planets and stars come from? According to many scientists time began at the Big Bang. Mathematically scientists theorise about dark matter and antimatter in order to explain the behaviour of light and celestial bodies which don't fit with Newtonian physics. So, we can't see antimatter or the Higgs boson but yet scientists are the first to criticise Christians as dullards who worship an invisible man in the sky. How many scientists have actually directly observed the molten core of the Earth? OK, I am not suggesting that the Earth doesn't have a molten core, but I have to trust observations made by other observers over history. The Bible records observations and much of its ancient writings are supported by the science of archeology. Irrespective of whether you side with Christianity or science you are exercising faith for all but the most mundane of observations. Personally, I am sure that the true origins of the Universe are beyond human understanding. Like so many cultures around the world, the concept of In the beginning was God is something that makes sense to me. If you think that the Christian God is an invisible man in the sky then you have an ignorant concept of the nature of "God"

• You can follow a Higher Power and still believe in science.

I am a person of Faith (not religion, I believe religion is man-made, whereas my faith is my direct relationship with the God of my understanding). I respect both my relationship with my God and science. The human race excels and flourishes with knowledge and science because God created us. I believe God wants us to grow and learn and find new ways through science to heal, etc. To say that God and religion (or faith) are mutually exclusive, in my opinion, would be saying that God somehow hates science or does not want to be compared to science and for me, God is much bigger than science, but at the same time, God wants us and allows us to use science to better ourselves as humans. God and science go hand-in-hand for me.

• Science and religion are inversely proportionate.

Science and religion are actually somewhat intertwined, although their relationship is inverse. As scientific understanding increases, the number of people who feel the need for religious affiliation decreases. This is the reason that, statistically, the number of people who identify with a religion or profess a belief in God has been consistently decreasing for centuries.

• No, science and religion are not mutually exclusive.

Science and religion can coexist. Although numerous examples of science and religion being at odds exist, numerous examples of science and religion working in tandem are found as well. For example, religious institutions, including schools and medical centers, support a significant array of scientific research endeavors. Many religious leaders note that scientific discoveries result from human intelligenct and creativity, which are gifts from God.

• Many if not most top scientists are religious and top religious officials generally don't appose science

Beside the radicals, be them Christians, muslims, jews, etc., most religious people (which is an outstanding majority of the planet) accept modern science. The vatican even accepted there is a possibility of extraterrestrial life, something many atheists and scientists say doesn't exist. The belief that god exists and is the grand and omnipresent/omnipotent designer of the universe doesn't disprove our findings on how his creation works.

• I don't think so

The fact that the world is intelligible and can be made sense of (at least in part) through science; points to an intelligent creator, not away from.
    This post is in English and is intelligible (even if you disagree with my conclusions) and it points to me, the contributor, not to my keyboard/ computer.

Readers won't think my PC wrote this post, they will think of me, the user, the mind.

The science is the tool, the application, God (a higher power/mind) is the source.

• Not at all.

I think the argument is what is religion. Are you talking about faith in a supreme being, or belief in a man's interpretation of a book? The Big Bang theory sounds amazingly like in the beginning there was nothing, and the Lord said "Let there be light." I guess I'm the oddball in believing in intelligent design followed by natural selection.

• Not mutually exclusive.

Those who uphold the belief that science and religion are separate in my opinion are the same people who would like to believe the stereotype that religious people are backwards, ignorant and etc...Which is not the case at all. You can have sound knowledge of science and be religious. It all comes down to how you would like to fill in the gaps of science...