• As safe as anything else

It seems most products we use these days cause cancer. In fact, I think everything causes cancer. I only look for the obvious these days, as I can't keep up with all the stuff that is bad for you. Tanning lotions are probably not 100 percent safe, but it seems like nothing is these days. Tanning lotions are as about as safe as everything else.

• Self tanning lotions are just tacky, not dangerous.

As far as I know self tanning lotions are safe. There are no major product recalls I can find. No long term damage can be detected from the use of self tanning lotions. All in all, it appears to be a non-toxic way to change the color of your skin. Of course, you'll still look like an Oompa Loompa because it turns you orange, but at least it won't kill you!

• They are harmless.

Yes, self-tanning lotions are safe, because they do not last. Using a self-tanning lotion is no different than using any other kind of lotion. It might tint the skin, but it is no different than using any other kind of lotion in that the effects are not long lasting or traumatic. They have been tested on animals, and self-tanning lotions are safe.

• Yes they are

Yes, I think that the lotions that are put on skin to self tan are safe. I think that they do a good job, and that they do not pose any risks to the people that are using them, they just give a good look to a lot of the women.

• Yes, they are.

They stain your skin, this is true, and many people assume that because they stain your skin they are completely unsafe. But iodine stains your skin too, and that's healthu. Most self-tanning lotions have a lot of minerals and compounds that are very good for your skin in them, and aren't dangerous.