Are shows like Honey Boo Boo ruining our society?

• Why not explore positive role models among the youth of America?

I am sure if you search - even a quick search on the web - you will find thousands of American kids that have won awards for art, science, math, writing or sports. Thousands of children that support wounded vets, elderly, handicapped, or something benefiting society. And I know that at least one of these kids doing something positive would have a personality that would sell commercials. Why must they produce Train Wreck TV?

• I strongly agree

Reality shows do not show a real representation of people and their lives and their lifestyles. It is all played up to the camera and based on idiotic people who have nothing better to do than say and do things for an audience. They all want their 15 minutes of fame and will say and do any stupid thing for people to notice them. In the modern world this time and era it seems that society favours people who are fake, instead of people who are genuine. It may seem like a harmless show but what are the affects that it is spreading?

• Society has fallen.

While there may be some positives; the overall storyline and the point of the show is public humiliation mixed with teaching children to be greedy. I believe we've strayed to far from the days when children could only be on-screen for about 5-10 minutes or so an hour; but even then the world would go to their heads. I'm scared to see what will become of this next generation.

• Downfall of Society

The fact that these shows are even played is awful. The fact that people find this entertaining is the worst part. The family can do what they want, but there could be so many more useful thing people could be doing than watching shows like Honey Boo Boo. I also hate the facts that children today know who Honey Boo Boo is, but not George Washington.

• Whites are being prosecuted

"Reality" TV like this is what gives whites a bad name. We should be ashamed of this type of filth on television and how much harm it is doing to people who think this is how the south acts day to day and I'm not even white. It's just an attack of their race.

• Yes, 100% they are destroying society

Modern day TV has turned into absolute c*ap. Shows like Jersey Shore, Honey Boo Boo, Bad Girls Club, etc.. are not giving anything back but bad influence and bad television. Honey Boo Boo and her family are hysterical to watch but the people who support the show are not laughing with the family, they are simply laughing AT them. Our society has become very judgmental because of who is being put in the public eye and who we as a society are choosing to be our modern day celebrities. Honey Boo Boo and her family are not giving anything back to the society for the amount of things they have gained from the show. Celebrities who are actually talented and make great television are involved with charities and give back to the society. When have you ever seen Honey Boo Boo and her family in the news giving back. NEVER!

• Yes, they show us how much we really have fallen.

When I see what is on television these days, I openly weep for America and her future. Shows like Honey Boo Boo simply are showing us how much we really have fallen as a people and as a society. We need to get this crap off of the air soon.

• This show is gross

I have three things to say.
    *This family shows everything that's wrong with America. How can we support them?
    *The downfall of America and what we have found to be entertaining is going to worsen if we support these types of shows.
    *There Is no reason for us to down America and are society with this trash and the people in that show are plain trash. Why should we celebrate the behavior of people who are trash?

• It shows America's degenerates

It shows retarded fat people of America and their crappy lives. Their parents and children have no values and it shows how America is falling apart. Why haven't they died from heart attacks or a stroke. When will they realize that their lives are very sad and diet and exercise because they are going to die soon if they don't.

• It shows America's degenerates

• Am I the only one who thinks Honey Boo Boo is hilarious?

Honey Boo Boo is a source if entertainment. Do you seriously think it's better to obsess over sex jokes and laugh about it? Regular TV today is disgusting and Honey Boo Boo would beat a lot of them in comparison. And a lot of people are worse than Honey Boo Boo and are completely hypocritical.

• No It Isn't

Honey Boo Boo isn't ruining our society but it does expose an alarming reality about ourselves. We are willing to watch others, including children, be exploited for our own entertainment. And that's a very sad truth. But the show doesn't influence the way we feel about this, rather it just exposes this ugly side of us.

• Honey Boo Boo Isn't Ruining Society

I will be the first to tell you that Honey Boo Boo is a terrible show. Reality tv trash that rehashed with a spin. As bad as it is, it is not ruining society. The show just shows the trials and tribulations of a Georgia family. They is nothing on that show that is immoral or wrong.

• No, Honey Boo Boo is not ruining our society.

I think people should stop blaming TV for everything, especially now when we use the internet more. I think Honey Boo Boo is just a show, if you are into watching it then to each your own. I personally do not like reality TV, mainly because it makes my head hurt.