• Absolutely they are!

Don't ruin my superheroes. Comic book characters are some of the most beloved characters ever created and have been for decades. When you change an established and well-loved hero you will never make your point but rather stir up anger. If you change a hero's race or gender I'm not going to consider what a triumph this is for equality. I'm just going to be upset that you changed my hero. The comic storylines for that changed hero might be really great but I will never read because it destroyed the image of a beloved character. If you want a bigger presence of diverse heroes that's good but develop the ones you have or make new ones. Don't change the established white male heroes because all that will accomplish is making people hate each other. Comics shouldn't be political so let's stop making them political. Can we not have just a fun form of entertainment without pissing anyone off?

• Yes, for sure.

Look, I don't mind a little political jab here and there, but marvel is completely out of control. Everything they do is so heavy handed it hurts. It's like they prioritize sending a political message over telling a good story. And, if you are going to get into politics, at least try to not characterize your opponents as actual nazis.

• This isn't evolution.

Someone here stated that comics need to evolve. This isn't what's happening. Marvel's roster of heroes is being replaced by terrible characters period. Not only that, but now Steve Rogers is an agent of Hydra? So, you took quite possibly the most iconic, heterosexual white male in Marvel, and turned him into a NAZI. So, you're saying I should be ashamed of my skin color, my gender, and my orientation? Fuck. You. Straight white guys are NOT Nazis or villains for that matter! We're not evil! So stop painting us as such! It's just sexism and racism in a different light!
    Here's an idea: take the previously established characters of these races and genders, AND GIVE THEM NEW STUFF TO DO! Remember Blade? She-Hulk? Misty Knight? Storm? The Invisible Woman? Janet Van Dyne aka The REAL Wasp? They're awesome, powerful characters! We don't need a female Thor when we have LADY SIF and VALKYRIE for fuck's sakes!
    OR
    Make actual new heroes that aren't piss poor imitations of the ones they're trying to knockoff.

• They most definitely are.

They're replacing Tony stark with a "strong independent" black chick, demands are being made that John Stuart (the African American green lantern) be made as the ONLY green lantern, and iceman has come out a gays because of this. If they want to make new characters like that, fine. But there is absolutely NO reason to change characters for some bullshit ideology, ESPECIALLY when their already are gay, trans, black, etc. Superheroes and LOTS of them.

• Yes. And it's getting even more out of control!!!

They literally want to make every straight character gay, ever white character POC or every male character female. I have nothing against gay, POC or female superheroes, but I'm quite frankly am getting tired of people constantly trying to change sometimes core apsects of these peoples' character. Even Stan Lee agrees with me. What Stan Lee say is law. If you don't agree with him, then you have no respect for him as the founder of Marvel Comics!!!

• No. Comics have to evolve.

What you refer as 'SJWs' is simply Marvel comics changing their characters to better match the actual makeup of our society. These days, in our country, there are more people of ethnic minorities and more people who aren't cis or straight. The number of women who are becoming scientists/engineers is increasing massively, and I don't think that there's anything inherently wrong with 'Legacy Heroes.'

When you say that Marvel should make new characters who are more diverse, that is what they are doing. Steve Rogers hasn't had a skin transplant to become African-American, and Tony Stark hasn't undergone gender reassignment surgery.

The problem comes when these new characters harm the stories Marvel wants to tell. Case in point: I think Kamala Khan is a brilliant character, but Amadeus Cho simply doesn't work as the Hulk. That's my opinion.

Is the quality of Marvel Comics decreasing? Quite possibly. But is it because these characters are more diverse? Absolutely not. To say that Riri Williams has ruined Iron Man is a valid opinion (though one I disagree with.) To say that Riri Williams has ruined Iron Man because she is black is, simply put, racist.

As for whether Legacy Heroes can coexist with their classic counterparts, that's a whole new question entirely.

• I actually had a debate on this

http://www.debate.org/debates/Are-SJWs-ruining-Marvel-comics/1/
    My reasoning is explained there and I feel no obligation to elaborate further. DDO requires more words so I'll just list a bunch of random words: ostrich, potato, dinosaur, blue, grenade, electricity, poop, foot, rock, wolf, sniper, nostril, pirate, coat, bag, olive, chair, song, yellow, esquivalience. That was fun.

• They aren't RUINING the comics

Sure there are some people who are unfair and want "equality" by making everything their way but that's definitely not everyone. They aren't ruining the comics. It would be cool to make some characters different but they aren't trying to change every, single, character. They haven't even done it yet! But the reason why they want to make NEW characters like that is because they want people who aren't already exposed to this kind of stuff accustomed to it because we don't like what we don't understand so we need to let people know that it's normal.

• I dont care im just voting

I dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting