• Necessary to succeed in school

My parents only finally let me get a smartphone at the beginning of college. Back when I was in high school, I failed a lot of classes because the teachers would often tell us to take our smartphones out to take online quizzes, use certain homework apps, and receive reminders and notifications by text. Students also communicated on group projects with GroupMe.

• Necessary even in school

• Necessary even in school

• They help us stay informed.

For those traveling or anywhere you need to know what is happening in the world around you. They entertain as well. They also can educate and help is stay in the loop. I could not get by without my smartphone. Also the camera helps us remember life' s most important moments

• It became necessity these days

I certainly feel smartphones occupy a major part of quality time that we spend using it.Not always it is possible to switch on laptop and use it,but smartphone can substitute laptop in myriad of ways thereby making handy.When we get sequestered from people and feel tedious we get engaged with smartphones pass the time.Moreover its utility for videos and for taking pics substantiates its necessity in our certain inevitable daily chores.

• It became necessity these days

I certainly feel smartphones occupy a major part of quality time that we spend using it.Not always it is possible to switch on laptop and use it,but smartphone can substitute laptop in myriad ways thereby making handy.When we get sequestered from people and feel tedious we get engaged with smartphones pass the time.Moreover its utility for videos and for taking pics substantiates its necessity in our certain inevitable daily chores.

• It's a want that has become a necessity

A smartphone is a combination of a laptop and a handphone. If you already own both, it is technically not a necessity. However, if you do not own it but live in a community that uses it regularly, the desire to own it will consume you. Not that everyone expect you to have one, but it has become such a normality that you can be easily singled out when you don't own one.

• Yes, smartphones are a necessary part of culture now.

In saying they are a necessity, I am not saying they are necessary for everyone, and they certainly are not necessary for me. I do not want to be plugged in all the time. But as a culture we have come to rely on the accessiblity of all kinds of data and it has to be at our finger tips. Smart phones are not going to go away.

• Less is good

I do not still understand WHY one need a smartphone? Data at your fingertips, access to the world... What were we just before 4-5 years when smartphone was a luxury... We will be better off without a smart phone because once get that you need to decide many things like too many apps or too little apps, necessary app or unnecessay app, connected or unconnected, gaming or not gaming, finally no peace vs peace. Less is good. Too much of choice makes ones life more complex and hence unhappy. You become unhappy when ur SP performs less, battery drains, loosing SP, and the inevitable one when the same company releases yet another bigger version of your SP at the same price and ur frnd gets that and starts comparing. Hence U are in a loop of getting a new one, selling old one... I think SP is not life and we have much more in our lives....

• Not for everybody

We've become so dependent on them that we struggle to picture a world without them, but that wasn't very long ago. You can survive without a smartphone, you just need to actually be able to handle a lot of tasks yourself that you no longer do. We could do it, but we're not willing to. Admittedly myself included.

• No, not really.

Smart phones are nice to have and allow people to do something when they are bored, or waiting a long period of time somewhere. However, we do not need them. Just having a cell phone is enough to give people the assurance they need that they can get help while out and about.