• Social workers are needed in this society, now more than ever.

Social workers are needed in this society, now more than ever. There are so many fragmented families and life situations these days where a social worker is needed to work with people and to sort things out. Divorces are happening more than ever, which means that more social workers are needed to help families out.

• Yes, Of Course!

Social workers are the heart and foundation of the communities. Social workers help meet the needs of those who are need of assistance in some way. Social workers look for the best qualities and strengths an individual and family has. Social workers are people helping other people! Social workers are not in it for the income but more for the outcome!

• Turning good people into mentally ill patients...

Social work is nowadays toted as a modern-day career that enriches the lives of those who pursue it. Bringing happiness to others is how it began but the clients I see day to day added so much stress to my life I had to re-evaluate the career choice. Don't turn into your clients.

• Not needed pls

Most people do not understand what social workers do. And, I'm sure their take on "depressing" work has a lot to do with their personal views/bias of certain populations.....Homeless people are not worth helping, etc. The field is very broad and dynamic. The pay is always relative to educational attainment, physical location, and agency. Where I live the average salary for MSW is 50,000 a year.
    I would have to say that lots of people go into social work because they feel its their calling. If you feel this way, don't let others discourage you...Follow what feels right to you.
    For me, I cannot imagine doing anything else.

• Not needed pls

• It is usesless