• More money to feel poor and solve problems of society

It seems that we as a society have, similar to Rome during the time of it's fall, spent an ENORMOUS amount of time, money, resources, etc. on sports. I am not saying that sports is fruitless, but that there is far too much emphasis on such activities. That is why I say the we much re-think how much.

• Takes you away from reality

Since the dawn of age human life was completly different from what it is now, ages ago our ancestors had to be hard workers in order to survive their primary focus was to keep alert from pradators & to have one meal a day, all their leisure time wil be spent learning & envolving. Now in day humans are very passive creatures we sit on the couch watch & talk sport. Now am not saying doing sports is bad because essentially your being active but to be in a passive mode or concern about things that aren't helping you out with the daily struggles of life it's no good "think about it"

• Sports are a complete waste of time!

Sports don't do you any good in life and isn't a very intelligent sport! There are way more better things to do to make life better! Why waste your time on something that doesn't help people in life? I mean you want to invent things and create amazing things that will help life!

• Sport persons are neglected in India

All due to corruption and bad politics . The people who are really good at sports are neglected and don't get an opportunity to make India proud. All the sport persons mainly belong to rich families and get into nationals by bribing the sports association and don't win any match. Hockey our national sport is now neglected because cricket has taken over the whole of India.

• I love sports but must agree they are a waste of time

I enjoy playing sports and cheering for my teams at sporting events, but I feel like in our culture today, too much time is spent watching TV, following one's favorite team, playing fantasy football, and debating over players' merits. I am not arguing against playing sports, which are a great means of team building and exercise that help develop people physically and socially. But I am arguing against watching ESPN or spending countless hours debating team rankings. As a sports fan myself, I can attest to the time I have wasted that I could have otherwise spent towards learning an instrument, reading a book, meeting new people, or engaging in some other intellectual activity. I constitute these activities as "not wasting time" because they help develop you as a person. In comparison, I feel like sports are a cop-out. Many people spend their lives in front of a TV screen applying strong rhetorical debate and analytical skills to a "pointless" conversation (see online sports comments) instead of more useful areas ( technology, politics, etc. ). Why spend hours debating which team will win the championship when it comes down more to chance then anything? (See New York Giants, Ray Allen's 3, etc) I completely agree that it is enjoyable, and I enjoy doing it myself, but just like many forms of entertainment, it is a waste of time that does not make you a better person the next day.

• If you are watching on TV then YES!

Are sports a waste of time? Certainly not when you are the one performing them! If you are the one participating, there can't really be any wasting time as it usually brings you physical and mental benefits from playing it, which watching it on TV does not, hence it is a total waste of time if you sit on your butt everyday and switch channels, total distraction to life, unless you have nothing more important in your life than watching sports on TV and you can live forever from being entertained.

• From a personal viewpoint, yes.

This is an opinions site, so I'm going with personal opinion here. For me, sports are dull to watch and unpleasant to participate in. If I want exercise, I'll go run around in the woods for a bit, do some gardening, something like that - productive, relaxing, or both. I have no need of artificially flat fields, balls, and teams. However, some people enjoy such things, and for them, I suppose sports would not be a waste.

• Sports creates bonding between peoples

As it is said that sports creates bonding it make people closer.Due to sports we remain healthy
    and fit.With help of sports we make new friends.There are many children who make their dreams by taking inspiration from someone. Take the story of Dhoni he was from a poor family,today he is a world famous cricketer if you want to know his story see indian movie M S DHONI

• No huidshflidvflisnfiajfnaiuoau go

Ufvhalfui; sajif; sdhfidk;sjgkjhdfsuklkcjdf; jr jgf djgk djfg dfj jfkdlj gl glf sjg'jsj gds i i i i i i ii i i i i ii i i i i i i ii i i ii i i i i i i i ii i i i i i ii i i

• Sports are good for your health

Sports are not only good for your health but it is something that can bond you will other people and make you a better person over time. You also can make new friends while playing sports. Sports is very good for your social life. It also makes you more healthy and can make you more in shape.

• Sports are not a waste of time.

With some people, sports are their job. It is entertaining to watch, especially at super bowl time. More children should play outside sports, rather than stay at home and play video games or computer games. Sports don't rot their brains, and they make them healthy. Our children are obese because they don't want to get out and play sports.

• No They Are Not

Sports are not a waste of time. They bring entertainment to millions of people across the world. They also keep kids active and in shape. Sports mean a lot in society and they are not a waste of time. Many people actually make a living both playing or following sports.

• Not at all.

I don't think that anyone can seriously come here and suggest that sports or the playing of them is a waste of time. There is nothing wrong with exercise and sports are a great way to do that. They teach teamwork and give kids a sense of pride in themselves.

• Fbbbbbbbbbbbbbvfddddddddddddddddd gffddddd fbdh

Ghhf fgdfb fsedvnojsd dsofijsdovjsdo mdkfmv osdvjosdvm skojvm ocsodjfsovm x f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

Anonymous says2013-09-12T13:13:56.673
Exactly sports are a waste of time for 99% of the candidates and individuals who practise it as a profession.....As everyone cannot be Sachin Tendulkar, Federer, Bolt, the individuals get bounded below the international level of sports. It is like wondering in a big acres of farm without really knowing it for them..