• I believe sports are as important as studies.

It is good socialization for kids. It also teaches discipline and kids get exercise. I think grades are important, but teaching good sportsmanship, discipline, and getting kids out of the house is as important. I like to see kids participate in extra curricular activities and I am a teacher. There are many lessons to be learned!

• Sports are definitely as important

They are defiantly as important because sports don't make you obese and studies give you a good education, which will give you a good career and sports will give you a career too. They both help a part of your body stay active. Sports helps your muscles and studies help your brain stay active. So, sports and games are just as important as studies.

• School is for learning

School was made for learning not for playing around. If we wanted our kids to play around not learn then we send them to a playground. If not for school kids would already be playing a lot of sports already. So why do we chorrupt the one place they learn with sports.

• Studies are more important than sports.

Sports are good because they help with fitness and teach teamwork and fair play, but studies are more important. Studies are needed in all areas of life, and are used for work and outside of work. Even if you get a job in sports, it won't last long. If you are injured, or get old, you can play anymore, but studies last a lifetime.

• Schoolwork is more important

Sports are certainly not as important as studies because very few kids are going to make careers in sports however, most have potential to do well academically. So many athletes fall behind in school because of immense focus on sports and then they end up not getting into college because of their sport. I'm certainly not against sports, they're fun and they inspire kids but they shouldn't be placed ahead of schoolwork. I also believe that kids should stay active but sports are not the only way to do so. Kids can go jogging, lift weights or attend a gym.