• Sports are much much more important

Sports are more important because you need to keep the body fit. Sure, music builds character too, but sports are needed. Sports do tell a story. They give people things to do, they make people stronger. They make the Olympics and give determination and courage. Children need sports. They help them grow and be healthy. Sorry, but I disagree entirely with arts being better.

• No Doubt Sports Are More Important

1. They can keep you fit, which arts cannot do.
    2. They provide people the opportunity to meet others and to also takein some fresh air. You don't want to be sitting all day becoming a potato while making "art"
    3. Arts are definitelly overrated and not everyone is born to be an artist.

• Health < enjoyment? Never!

I don't understant that so many people believe that Music and arts are more important. Yeah, music improves your IQ, and soods you down and sports have a chance of getting killed BUT! I think different.
    FIrstly, improving IQ can be important, but is it really worth it? A couple of higher IQ doesn't have that big impact on the brain, you know.
    Secondly, do you really believe that MUSIC is better to make a person's feellings more soohed? When I am angry, I always ride my bike and I go up and down the street, or play badminton. The word 'soothing your condition' can be different to everyone, so I expect you NOT to say somthing that can destroy other's personallity. There are more people who are like me than you think.
    Thirdly, is sports really dangerous? Sure, athlets have fallen down dead as a dorenob! But those happen rarly. As my oppinion, sports can make us more healthy. If you think of that, what can we say about people who have died while playing the tuba? It is really hard and if you blow the wrong way, you can gave problem breathing.

• It increases social skills

Sport increases social skills and will be able to make friends and your parents will be able to make other friends with your friends parents which will cause them to recommend their friends to you and you will make friends with them. I could keep going with that but sport is definitly better than music

• Sports are way more important

Simply, a trumpet can't save you from obesity. Sports not only improve weight loss but team sports provide a sense of family and support. Many people say that arts allows you to be creative but sports does too. In sports like football you have to be strategic and provide a game plan. So overall sports is better than arts, if you think about it.

• Sports are way more important

• Sports is much more important

• Sports is way more important

• Sports are way more important

• Sports divide. Arts unite.

There can be such a lack of empathy and collaboration in this world. But in the theater we see beauty and order and harmony modeled for us— two hours at a time. And it took a lot of sacrifice to make that possible. Sports is all about dividing, winning, conquering, the opposite of empathy and collaboration.

• Music makes you smarter

It's been proven that music raises IQ levels and stimulates critical thinking. Also, schools in Finland have added Fine Arts to their core subjects and become one of the highest scoring countries in math and sciences. Sports are not important to a teen's curriculum. They only encourage violence and a heightened sense of competition, which is not necessarily desired. And in terms of Scholarships, a graduate is much more likely to receive- and keep- a music scholarship over a sports scholarship.

• Arts are fundamentally more important.

Sports are about group think, and tribalism. Art is about Empathy. In art you learn to express yourself to other people, benefit not only your own well being with comfort and validation in the response given by an audience. But society as a whole, art allows us to view the world through another's eyes and find the common humanity between us. It helps us grow and develop as a people. Sport is a very limited form of this that does foster connections but is limited in it's ability to truly connect us as people, and not as tribes. All the talk of sportsmanship feels mostly hollow and meaningless. I'm not saying sports haven't benefited society, but clearly just do to it's lack of creativity beyond inception, makes the progress, pretty stale. Video Games are actually where this kind of controlled competition seems to be really developing and benefiting society. Sports are sports, if you relate to them they can bring you joy, and if you are blessed physically, develop you as a person, but it's limited and pretty limited to the personal. An artist just has so much more power, where as an athlete basically has to fall into effecting other people's perspectives and creating empthy towards others. In Art that's basically the whole ball game, communication.

• No and Never will

The fine arts create a positive outlet for everyone to participate in, not just for kids. It inspires people to dream, to create and in the process, teaches them every subject from history to science. Study shows that kids who have been in any fine arts program test better and can contain information better than one who didn't. Lets keep these programs in school and stop giving all the praise to sports. Cause they are no more important than the arts.

• NO no NO

JUST NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO no

• Sports are more important than the arts.

Arts are of equal, and in some ways, more important sports. While playing sports can benefit society with much needed exercise, the arts nourish the soul, the spirit, and the society. When people talk about the greatness of Greece or Rome, they often mention the culture that was left behind for future civilizations. The arts can teach people to think critically, something lacking in society. The lack of appreciation of the arts is perhaps why Donald Trump is revered by so many even though he offers little to the society. Call me an elitist, but I do think arts is more important than sports(and it is not to say that we don't some sports).

• The arts cultivate the mind and make everything better in every situation and brings out you creativity however I do love soccer.

When I play soccer or watch soccer I find it a bit boring sometimes without music like the doors if you out the doors light my fire or something it would make it a lot better for a lot of people. Especially for me, and people you need the creative arts

• It is a way to show who you are

Through the arts it helps to show your true side through painting a picture or playing a interments you can be yourself through it and not worry about what people think, with the arts you can feel good about it and not have to act "Normal" you can be as weird as you want to be.

• Sports are Overrated

Sports are clearly valued more than the arts in the first place and this needs to change. As an art student, it was insanely difficult to prove that I could make a living off of being a professional artist. In reality, it is easier to become a artist than a professional athlete and yet if I had said that I wanted to play football growing up, I would've easily been encouraged. Sports have nothing over the arts. The arts can give you what sports do plus more and have been proven to be more beneficial in the long run