• No Doubt Sports Are More Important

1. They can keep you fit, which arts cannot do.
    2. They provide people the opportunity to meet others and to also takein some fresh air. You don't want to be sitting all day becoming a potato while making "art"
    3. Arts are definitelly overrated and not everyone is born to be an artist.

• It increases social skills

Sport increases social skills and will be able to make friends and your parents will be able to make other friends with your friends parents which will cause them to recommend their friends to you and you will make friends with them. I could keep going with that but sport is definitly better than music

• Sports are way more important

Simply, a trumpet can't save you from obesity. Sports not only improve weight loss but team sports provide a sense of family and support. Many people say that arts allows you to be creative but sports does too. In sports like football you have to be strategic and provide a game plan. So overall sports is better than arts, if you think about it.

• Sports is much more important

• Sports are much much more important

Sports are more important because you need to keep the body fit. Sure, music builds character too, but sports are needed. Sports do tell a story. They give people things to do, they make people stronger. They make the Olympics and give determination and courage. Children need sports. They help them grow and be healthy. Sorry, but I disagree entirely with arts being better.

• Sports is way more important

• Sports are way more important

• Sports are way more important

• Health < enjoyment? Never!

I don't understant that so many people believe that Music and arts are more important. Yeah, music improves your IQ, and soods you down and sports have a chance of getting killed BUT! I think different.
    FIrstly, improving IQ can be important, but is it really worth it? A couple of higher IQ doesn't have that big impact on the brain, you know.
    Secondly, do you really believe that MUSIC is better to make a person's feellings more soohed? When I am angry, I always ride my bike and I go up and down the street, or play badminton. The word 'soothing your condition' can be different to everyone, so I expect you NOT to say somthing that can destroy other's personallity. There are more people who are like me than you think.
    Thirdly, is sports really dangerous? Sure, athlets have fallen down dead as a dorenob! But those happen rarly. As my oppinion, sports can make us more healthy. If you think of that, what can we say about people who have died while playing the tuba? It is really hard and if you blow the wrong way, you can gave problem breathing.

• Sports is god

Sports is dope. Sports is good. Sports is healthy. Sports keep you alive for example swimming. Sports doesn't need money to do not like art. Nobody likes art class in school whereas sports dominates all. Conclusion: sports always wins arts always looses and thats why only if you learn sports can you KO arts

• It depends on the person, but I prefer the arts

Theatre, music and art are my whole life basically, but I couldn't really care less about most sports and test the arts are sum how the first things getting cut from schools, and I would argue that theatre would be more vital than football for example, to a students future. However, it seems almost everyone disagrees with me, they say that it's more important to do a sport because it provides physical fitness, even though the arts can too, I'd love to keep going for awhile longer, but it's late and I'm tired, so I need to bed. Bye.

• Arts are just as important

The arts allow kids to express their creativity. This is because in the arts kids are in a stable environment to express themselves in. While in sports all kids can do is become fit and learn teamwork. Also the arts allow kids to be social while being fit because of stuff like dancing and choreography.

• Music is beneficial

Throughout my entire life, I have been involved in various music programs. They take just as much hard work and dedication as sports programs. You have to practice to get better, and you have to work together to get the results you want. In an orchestra, the violinist sitting first chair cannot carry everybody, and same goes for the quarterback on a football team. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything, and it makes me sad that not everyone gets to be involved in a music program. The arts shouldn't be cut back on funds just because some people value sports more. Why can't all students have an equal chance?

• They are equal, get over it.

Honestly, people have debates and I fully understand they have opinions but sports are just as important and physically challenging as the Arts. Both the arts and sports also include friendship beginnings and teamwork, especially during performances or games. They both require much skill, you need to be confident on a stage in front of people, and you have to be confident in yourself to succeed in sports and not to give up. They both challenge people physically and mentally. And sometimes even socially.

• They are equal

I am a former athlete who is now a working artist and art teacher. I excelled at the top of my game in every sport i played earning many gold medals, MVP awards and so on. I think I come from the best of both worlds. Instead of constantly separating these two teachings we should look at how they benefit each other. They both teach time management, organizational skills, help with confident positive outlook, healthy sense of competition and ambition. One can benefit from another at the highest level. I am convinced my artistic abilities helped me to have an almost 6th sense on the football field. I always knew where the ball was going when I played defensive linebacker and having a creative mind mapped out all probably possibilities for me in an instant when the other team lined up. My coaches were always quick to ask how I did that. I saw the pattern of subtle movements and gestures along with alignment of feet and facial expressions. It was something that visual arts helped me to identify. Now why is this important? Because in the job market these are skills that managements are looking for. So stop arguing which is more important. They should be looked at as one in the same thought processes and cognitive development learning.

• Arts Are Important!

The arts can keep you fit and provide you with a social basis just as well as art can! Students who take dance and theater have to do complex choreography that keeps them in shape while they are also having fun. Not every student enjoys sports or are able to do them, which is why us is important to keep a balance. Everything arts-related that you can do at schools will provide you with a social basis whether it's drama club, dance, music, or anything else. You will make so many friends and have a huge support group. However, one thing that the arts do that sports don't really do is allow students to creatively express themselves. This is amazing for relieving stress and becoming more imaginative.

• This is just unfair

Do not comment saying that the arts are not as important, moreover difficult if you have not been a part of a performance or taken a ballet class. Not only do the arts require you to be extremely active if you do ballet or perform a dance number while singing, but you need to be very focused. They teach creativity, expression, and how to work well n a community.

• Listen up !!

Everyone talking about how sports keep you "fit" or "healthy" and that the arts do not do that for you, are completely wrong. Mental health is just as important as your physical health (also seeing as how mental health can impact your physical health) and for some people, keeping themselves sane- is playing sports, but for many, music and the arts keep people going. It gives them something to work for, and if you think nothing can beat that feeling of a win or the adrenaline rush when playing sports; you get that same rush of dopamine when you finish a painting you've worked your ass on,or get that standing ovation for your performance. All in all, both are equally important, it really just depends on the person. And even though this is true, schools give shit to the arts program, and that is not okay.

• Arts give creativity!

(while this may not be as long and detailed as other opinions I just want to give a short one)According to the article 5 Great Ways Performing Arts Can Benefit Your Child, “Studies such as this report from the Arts Education Partnership suggest schoolchildren exposed to drama, music and dance are more proficient in reading, writing and math”.
    Also dance is both an art and a sport by dancing kids can stay fit and active while letting their creativity flow.

• The Arts are just as physical as sports

Okay, so I just read all the arguments for both sides of this, most of the evidence for saying yes sports are more important is just saying intelligence doesn't matter and being fit does. But what people are forgetting is that dancing, acting, marching band, and especially all the people backstage of every drama production ever moving around all the sets (the crew). Dancing is so physically challenging, you have to be immensely talented and fit, when you dance you have to not only look completely uniformed, but also be of the same physical stature. If you don't believe me, go see for yourself, go try a ballet class for your age range. People also seem to be forgetting that playing music, singing, and acting increases your grades and IQ. Both of which are very important.