• If ya don't like it, don't prove it

The problem is, one day you see , this is just an example, protests about police brutality against blacks, and the next you hear about to black kids and hoodies robbing a store. I'm not being at all racist, I'm just saying, if you don't like stereotypes, don't prove them right!!!

• They definitely are true.

I think the people that voted "no" are thinking about the stereotypes that would be applied to them rather than others. Stereotypes do not come out of nowhere. I believe the stereotypes about my ethnicity, gender, age, generation, region that I live in, and many other things are completely true but most people would never admit that.

• Stereotypes often comes from prevalent observations.

Though they are not true down to the individual level, it can quite accurately represent a group image of a community. Taking stereotype as a set, we cannot conclusively say that Set A is bad means all of the individuals in Set A is bad, but that doesn't mean that if one element of Set A is not bad it implies Set A is not bad. Being able to find an individual exceptions of elements in a set does not always invalid the description of the set in general. And in some situations we can use stereotypes to prepare ourselves for the worst, it is not always wrong and it is not always bad. (Ironically saying all stereotypes wrong in itself is rather stereotypical). We have to access each individual situation to see if the stereotype fits well with the situation, if it doesn't then ditch it, it's false in that situation pertaining to that individual. In short, the truth in stereotypes is situation dependent, we should acknowledge that it contains some truth, but we should also not act a certain way purely based on a stereotype.

• Generally, yes, they are.

Hello - duh! The reason that stereotypes exist at all is that they are based on facts. It is true that many Asians are bad drivers (and they are good at math) or that many Black people are racist, but stereotypes do not apply to everyone. Still, generally, they are true.

• Stereotypes would not exist if they were not true in generalities.

All stereotypes are true in generalities. The are not the exception just the rule. Everyone uses them but when we apply them to people , liberals tend to get butt sore. Men with trucks are rednecks, this "stereotype" would never hold up because of statistics, men throughout the world drive trucks from different counties.

• Take a look around

In most situations, stereotypes are very true. People who get offended by them often look rather, well, stupid. Most of them contain real truth behind them that is just portrayed as a joke. For instance, we say Asians are smart. Well, they are. They're smart because they're hard workers and study their days away. That's how their culture taught them to be. Their often not harmful stereotypes and a frankly always true.

• Stereotypes are based off of truth, but are only generalizations. Although sometimes they are also just based off of history.

For insatnce some people say men are stronger than women, and that women aren't as smart. Or boys like super heroes and not girls. In my opinion, it all depends on the generation. Another example is that asians have squinty eyes, this is based off of scientific research of the structures of our face, that are implemented by our genes and race. If both my parents are black, I'm not going to come out white.
    Another stereotype is that petite people are always grumpy and ocassionly not powerful. This grumpy part, was based off of research, but this doesn't mean all short people are grumpy. Another example is empowerment over the short, this is just an instinct, as human beings we feel we have more power of little kids, or people that are shorter. Last but not least, gifted students are nerds. Quite frankly I don't believe this to be true, for I'm in the gifted program, and many people I know are on sports teams, doing other extra activities out of school other than studying.

My question is, where do they come from, they have to come from somewhere. They are observations and generalizations of society.

• Stereotypes are like statistics.

Statistically many people get divorced. Not all marriages will end up in divorce though. Like stereotypes. A stereotype about a group of people means that a lot of people in that group have done this or act like this now or in the past but doesn't mean the whole group does it. So, they are true, or at least partially true.

• The master passes on to the pupils and the pupils become the master.

Humans are incredibly easy to control and manipulate, no different than any other animal I would assume. The only differences we have are biological and that is essentially race. Different races have different tendencies and these tendencies are very easy to examine. One step down from race is culture, which being in a very multicultural place, adds another diverse multiplier, but one still not nearly as substantial as race. Stereotypes are most of the time true because they are often factual observations of both race and culture.

• Chug chug chia

Nsj j j j j kk o j j g d earth u HBO ii y t ffhjku u h f t IKL yg k I g h j KKK uh he just y y y TBH j j u uh kills I u t r r. T YU uh h

• No no no

Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi Hi hi hi hi hi hi hiHi hi hi hi hi hi hi Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

• No no no

• Chugged chug ghh

Bah gb h h v v b b b bobby bs d. D did d d d d d d d d d. Did d d d d d d d d d. D did df g f. Aa. And b big dde end d d d d df f f. Df. F df f f f f d f

• They are cruel are stupid.

I feel that stereotypes are more of a weapon these days. A common stereotype that is that all Americans are fat and stupid. Okay, so the fact that I was born and raised in the USA; automatically makes me an idiot that eats McDonald's everyday? Also, just to cover more stereotypes, I also automatically own a gun and my uncle (a police officer) is automatically racist against black people and shoots them innocently? Plus, some stereotypes develop from media and AREN'T TRUE TO EVEN SOME EXTENT! Around 90% of cops aren't racist in the USA but because of media, people THINK that 100% of cops are. Same with the fat thing, only 31% of the US is obese, people say we are all fat where not even the majority of us are obese. There may be some that are very true but you have to look at percentages and majorities before saying something is fully true.

• No 'maybe' option?

I'm sick of hearing all the negatives about black people. My brother scuba dives, pilots planes, climbs/hikes, skis, etc. I don't remember it, but he also says when I was younger, I swam like a fish. This negative garbage may make white folks feel good, but that's all it is: 'a fckng feel good'. Stop it.

Oh and while I like watermelon and fried chicken et al, I also like artichokes, oysters, veggie pizzas and Chinese food. Deal with it.

• Humans are too dynamic

Stereotypes are generalizations of people as a group, or even a label of an individual. What we see in stereotypes is the example of 'treat someone like a (blank) and they will act like a (blank)" but that doesn't mean that they are (blank); because stereotypes are trying to label /all/ of the individual/group when we don't know /all/ about them. And probably never will. Sure, we see that some can behave within the stereotype to make people think that there is validity in it, but that behavior is not the "entire defining point" of that person or group because humans are too dynamic for that; there is so much depth of a person's personality that isn't shown to /everyone/. And because not everything of a person is shown for all to see, a label upon them cannot be 100% accurate, because we don't know /all/ about them to make that claim.
    For example, would you want to be labeled as a 'lazy person or a slob' because of the /one/ time your room is messy (when in reality, you might have had tons of activities going on and couldn't clean it?)
    I cannot generalize a group of people I don't actually know, nor label one person I don't know entirely about to even call that generalization or label accurately. If I were to stereotype the world, I couldn’t; I don’t know /everyone in the world/ to show my facts.
    But, the way to close this communication gap is to ask to clarify things more, ask questions, seek the 'who, what, where, when and why' of things. Not to be nosy or be in their business, but to seek to understand people in the wide, wide world we live in.

• Stereotypes are not true. They are almost never true.

Stereotypes were created by bigots to profit off of minorities. They took
    one person's actions and based it off of an entire group of people. Only idiots believe stereotypes are true. It's a sad day when the ignorant and the stupid make up a slight majority of the masses. Idiots.

• Stereotypes can be true but not always

I believe stereotypes are just based on what a group of people did or act and people include a whole entire race based on one groups actions. For example hispanic people are illegal immigrants is a stereotype that is not true because I'm hispanic and not illegal or an immigrant as well as my family who are immigrants(some) and not illegal. For example blonde girls are dump is another stereotype, i believe you can't judge or say something because of someone's hair color. Asians are not all good at math and i know this because i know a lot who aren't .

• Sometimes, but mostly no.

For example, asians have the stereotype of being bad drivers, this isnt always true, but there are always some exceptions. Another stereotype is that black people or african americans are bad people and just criminals in general, but obviously this isnt always true. But again, the are a few exceptions.