Are study abroad programs worth the money (yes) or a waste of time (no)?

• They can be beneficial

If someone who decides to pay and properly participate in a abroad study program and really takes what they need from it, and learns as much as possible, I think it would be worth the money. As long as it benefits the person and helps them with their respected future.

• Yes they are

I think that study abroad programs are definitely worth the money. Study abroad programs are a great experience, that if money was no issue, everyone should get a chance to experience studying abroad. For those of who can afford it, I think it is worth the money. That experience is worth more than money.

• Everyone should travel

Study abroad programs are unfortunately costly, and if anything they should be cheaper, because everyone in the world should have the right to travel outside of their own country and culture and experience how another one works. There's no good reason to stay cooped up inside one insular country for the rest of your life.

• Studying is a great opportunity for a student

Yes, I believe that studying abroad is definitely worth the money. Some students, unless you are a military student, do not get the chance to venture outside the United States and some not even their state. It is a great opportunity for a student to see how others live and learn. It teaches students to appreciate other people and their cultures as well as their own.

• NO, NO It is bad!!!

As Susan Heller has famously said, “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” You’ll have to purchase things you weren’t expecting, and your trips will cost you a lot more than you were anticipating. It is bad

• No, they are often a waste of time.

When I was in college, a lot of students used the programs to study abroad. It seemed one of the main reasons was the freedom in other countries, including lower legal drinking ages, and, of course, less influence from the parents. Now, there are certainly studious students who would do study abroad for more altruistic reasons; perhaps tied in with some charity work. But, in many instances, it's done with partying in mind.