• Yes; There are some exceptions, but mostly yes

Suicide is not a joking matter. Yeah a couple guys could be goofing off and one or the other might say something like, "man, if *blank* happens, I'm gunna kill myself." This could be really funny in the heat of the moment, but, depending on the crowd, it could be really painful. The statistics of teenagers having suicidal are sky-rocketing, and if you've ever talked with someone considering suicide, you'll know just how serious of an issue it is. There are some instances where it would be "ok" to joke around... For example, you could maybe joke around with somebody considering suicide in an attempt to lift their spirits. Ultimately, however, things like suicide, such as murder, suffering, and basically death in general, are no joking matter.

• This is a very sensitive issue that should not be joked about.

People who are saying no do not realize how much words can affect someone. Those words could be a trigger for someone. Just like dust can be a trigger for an allergy/ asthma attack. Those who have tried suicide might have a hard time when someone says that they wanna kill themselves. It's not easy to hear or respond to.

• As some who is currently suicidal,

A joke is a joke. Comedy equals tragedy plus time and jokes are humanity's way of making light of and coping with the most fucked up parts of existence. There is nothing that is too sacred or taboo to joke about suicide included. Stop trying to police comedy and humor that help people cope!

• Suicide, as serious as an overprotective mom

Suicide is not a joking matter, yea we all say it but do we commit to it. I am doing an essay for my English class about suicide and so far I have covered that suicide ranks 3rd in young deaths, making up about 13% of the 15-24 age group. By putting out there that suicide can be a fun joke is putting it out there that it doesn't matter. Suicide jokes need to stop before the generation behind us find a meaning to such foolish acts. Research says the younger exposed to suicide incidents, the higher risked to commit. Stop the nonsense now!!!

• Yes, this is a sensitive issue.

Suicide is a touchy subject for most people and it is inconsiderate to joke about. It is completely inappropriate to joke about death, because you never know who has lost a loved one to suicide. Who knows if the person next to them is battling suicidal thoughts? After someone in my family committed suicide, I was in a group setting with some friends and one of them, unaware of the situation, made a suicide joke. I felt like they had betrayed me in the fact that I was grieving the loss of a loved one and they had just turned it into a joke.

• It isn't funny if you or someone you know has dealt with it

I don't see what's so funny about people becoming so miserable that they hurt themselves, or worse. I am the only person in my group of friends who hasn't been depressed (yet), and thinking of what they were saying and doing makes me feel sick. At least two of them have cut themselves, and another has taken pills. They all have brought up suicide one or more times. When I hear someone say that they'll kill them selves over a small annoyance, like "School's starting tomorrow, I'm gonna kill myself", I want to scream at them. If one of your parents, sibling, or friends became so depressed that they decided to end it all, how would you feel? Would you laugh whenever you thought about it?

• Why do people do it

It bothers me when people who make jokes like this try to get attention for no reason when they aren't actually in need of help. These people make it impossible for people who actually have these problems to come forwards. I get really worried for people when they make these jokes but i cant tell if they're joking or not.

• Nope Not OK at all

A lot of people now think all people who say something about suicide is joking, when I tried to talk to my friend about my suicidal thoughts she thought I was joking, when I actually tried to kill my self she just asked why I never said anything, when I did try and she just laughed at me, these jokes have gotten out of hand and makes it impossible to actually come forwards about this kind of thing.

• Its terrible and wrong

• My girlfriend and her friends were talking about killing themselves if one of their classmates were in their lunch period. This would bother anyone.

This extremely bothered me because I love her very much. I don't know if she knew I was bothered by her jokes about suicide. It just scared me because I use to think about killing myself occasionally a few years ago. You'd understand if you were in my situation .

• They are perfectly acceptable.

They are hilarious. But there is a fine line that should be drawn when jokes start to become insulting. Those telling the jokes should also be careful that they are not around unstable people. If you are normal and you get butthurt by hearing a suicide joke, you might as well go jump off a cliff.

• Suicide jokes are not going to far they are just a joke

Jokes by their definition are not meant to be taken seriously. When someone tells a suicide joke they are not telling people to commit suicide instead they are just trying to play around and have fun. If joking about suicide can make someone happy and they are not doing any real damage by telling the joke it shouldn't matter. It is not like someone is going to hear the joke and suddenly decide to commit suicide.

• I don't think so

The human function of laughing occurs when something unexpected happens. Before suicide jokes became funny, nobody would joke about it because it was considered going too far. Because of this, nobody expects someone to whip out a suicide joke, and that is why they are funny. As they become more and more overused they will become less funny and we will need something else to feed off of.

• I don't think so

• Suicide jokes are not going overboard.

Jokes exist in order to take sad situations and make them better. This is why we laugh at racist jokes and holocaust jokes. Also, it is widely thought that all jokes come from misery in one form or another therefore, the misery that comes from suicide is a way for us as human beings to well, laugh. The censorship of suicide jokes would be comparable to the censorship of freedom of speech as a whole.

• As some who is currently suicidal,

• I don't think so.

• I don't think so.

• I don't think so.

• I don't think so.