• Yes; There are some exceptions, but mostly yes

Suicide is not a joking matter. Yeah a couple guys could be goofing off and one or the other might say something like, "man, if *blank* happens, I'm gunna kill myself." This could be really funny in the heat of the moment, but, depending on the crowd, it could be really painful. The statistics of teenagers having suicidal are sky-rocketing, and if you've ever talked with someone considering suicide, you'll know just how serious of an issue it is. There are some instances where it would be "ok" to joke around... For example, you could maybe joke around with somebody considering suicide in an attempt to lift their spirits. Ultimately, however, things like suicide, such as murder, suffering, and basically death in general, are no joking matter.

• "Jokes are meant to be funny!" but suicide isn't funny

The whole argument that "jokes aren't meant to be taken seriously!" is ridiculous. Maybe the people that make these arguments haven't personally dealt with suicide or other heavy issues, but bottom line: telling someone to kill themselves is never funny. Even if the other person says they're "ok with it". It's absolutely devastating for me and a lot of my friends, who have struggled personally with suicide, to hear someone say that as a joke. It isn't funny. And if you think it's funny, you need more original material.

• Suicide Joke are not ok

Suicid jokes are not ok. I am in art and everyone at ny table sings this song "kill yourself" and everday one is saying things like "oh im suicidal so its ok to sing it" or "I try to kill myself everyday just for the fun of it" and it is not ok while everyone is laughing and joking I am sitting there saying in my head "dude this is not ok I need to do something but what?" So if someone is joking about suicide tell them to stop and that is is not ok

• YES it is going OVERBOARD

I, who is having trouble at school because of my suicidal thoughts is trying to fing ways for me to survive, looks at the comment section when the video is over and sees people making fun of INOCCENT people suffering pain and depression because of this hard time.Saying rude and hurtful things!!! People need to REALIZE it is NOT funny and it is NOT a JOKE EVER!!!

• It's completely sad

I, as a suicide survivor and is now living a much better life, finds this all completely wrong, why would anyone say such a powerful phrase. If you make the joke around people, you have no idea about what they are going through, you don't know whether they are suicidal or depressed or anything that could affect their reaction to what you say. I understand when people say that a joke can help lift a "depressing" topic. But you need to watch who you're saying it to. I find it sad that people don't actually talk about the complexity of suicide or even just suicide itself seriously more than people talking about it in a joking matter. I hope people open up about it more, its truly not funny, and you don't know what's going on in others lives, which could make them even more suicidal or depressed if someone close to them tells them to "go kill yourself" for accidentally spilling their drink or something else that's stupid.

• Hell no it isn't.

Well, my ex-friend was on Instagram and he was suddenly saying things like 'f*** life' because some girl he once dated rejected him. If you joke about suicide you can actually get arrested or go to a mental institution. Suicide isn't a joke. It's not funny. It's serious business. Some people need to think before they speak. Like, put yourself in somebody else's shoes. If you were seriously that depressed and someone made jokes about it, how would you feel? Would you feel hurt or something like that?

• This is a very sensitive issue that should not be joked about.

People who are saying no do not realize how much words can affect someone. Those words could be a trigger for someone. Just like dust can be a trigger for an allergy/ asthma attack. Those who have tried suicide might have a hard time when someone says that they wanna kill themselves. It's not easy to hear or respond to.

• As some who is currently suicidal,

A joke is a joke. Comedy equals tragedy plus time and jokes are humanity's way of making light of and coping with the most fucked up parts of existence. There is nothing that is too sacred or taboo to joke about suicide included. Stop trying to police comedy and humor that help people cope!

• Suicide, as serious as an overprotective mom

Suicide is not a joking matter, yea we all say it but do we commit to it. I am doing an essay for my English class about suicide and so far I have covered that suicide ranks 3rd in young deaths, making up about 13% of the 15-24 age group. By putting out there that suicide can be a fun joke is putting it out there that it doesn't matter. Suicide jokes need to stop before the generation behind us find a meaning to such foolish acts. Research says the younger exposed to suicide incidents, the higher risked to commit. Stop the nonsense now!!!

• Yes, this is a sensitive issue.

Suicide is a touchy subject for most people and it is inconsiderate to joke about. It is completely inappropriate to joke about death, because you never know who has lost a loved one to suicide. Who knows if the person next to them is battling suicidal thoughts? After someone in my family committed suicide, I was in a group setting with some friends and one of them, unaware of the situation, made a suicide joke. I felt like they had betrayed me in the fact that I was grieving the loss of a loved one and they had just turned it into a joke.

• They are perfectly acceptable.

They are hilarious. But there is a fine line that should be drawn when jokes start to become insulting. Those telling the jokes should also be careful that they are not around unstable people. If you are normal and you get butthurt by hearing a suicide joke, you might as well go jump off a cliff.

• Suicide jokes are not going to far they are just a joke

Jokes by their definition are not meant to be taken seriously. When someone tells a suicide joke they are not telling people to commit suicide instead they are just trying to play around and have fun. If joking about suicide can make someone happy and they are not doing any real damage by telling the joke it shouldn't matter. It is not like someone is going to hear the joke and suddenly decide to commit suicide.

• I don't think so

The human function of laughing occurs when something unexpected happens. Before suicide jokes became funny, nobody would joke about it because it was considered going too far. Because of this, nobody expects someone to whip out a suicide joke, and that is why they are funny. As they become more and more overused they will become less funny and we will need something else to feed off of.

• I don't think so

• Suicide jokes are not going overboard.

Jokes exist in order to take sad situations and make them better. This is why we laugh at racist jokes and holocaust jokes. Also, it is widely thought that all jokes come from misery in one form or another therefore, the misery that comes from suicide is a way for us as human beings to well, laugh. The censorship of suicide jokes would be comparable to the censorship of freedom of speech as a whole.

• As some who is currently suicidal,

• I don't think so.

• I don't think so.

• I don't think so.

• I don't think so.