• Yes; There are some exceptions, but mostly yes

Suicide is not a joking matter. Yeah a couple guys could be goofing off and one or the other might say something like, "man, if *blank* happens, I'm gunna kill myself." This could be really funny in the heat of the moment, but, depending on the crowd, it could be really painful. The statistics of teenagers having suicidal are sky-rocketing, and if you've ever talked with someone considering suicide, you'll know just how serious of an issue it is. There are some instances where it would be "ok" to joke around... For example, you could maybe joke around with somebody considering suicide in an attempt to lift their spirits. Ultimately, however, things like suicide, such as murder, suffering, and basically death in general, are no joking matter.

• My girlfriend and her friends were talking about killing themselves if one of their classmates were in their lunch period. This would bother anyone.

This extremely bothered me because I love her very much. I don't know if she knew I was bothered by her jokes about suicide. It just scared me because I use to think about killing myself occasionally a few years ago. You'd understand if you were in my situation .

• Not in any case

I am currently someone who considers suicide all day everyday. My coworkers make jokes about killing themselves because they're bored at work and I just stop smiling and think that I should do it. Then I wouldn't get bored, I wouldn't get yelled at. Everything would be resolved. These jokes affect me strongly and make me go home and consider suicide seriously. It is not funny.

• Suicide should not be joked. WHATSOEVER.

Just because its simple logic and no one should joke about death!!!!!!!! And use your brains and don't be cruel. You don't know what people go through on the daily. Shut your mouth before saying something you'll regret. Because you might prompt someone into actually killing themselves. And das not good. Thx

• Ur mom ur mom

Ur mom like ur mom and ur mum and ur mum and ur mom and ur mom lol why do you even mm ur mom lol Lololololloolololololol ur mom and ur mom ur mom ur mom ur mm ur mom ur mom ur ur mom ur mom ur mom ur

• Absolutely. I've been suicidal myself. It's not funny

Now before you start asking me if I'm OK, those days are over, I'm fine now. On a more serious note, suicide is not a joking matter. According to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, in 2013 every 12.8 minutes, one American kills themselves. This is no joke. Stop this before that number gets worse.

• You Never Know

The words "i wanna kill myself" and "kill yourself" are thrown around way too much in the modern day society. Suicide shouldn't be mocked in such a way that desensitises teens to the natuure of it; it should be left to be talked through between a counsellor and a patient. You can never truly know the mental state of someone around you.

• Suicide is not a laughing matter.

I've know people who have been suicidal, including myself. It's not funny, it's a real mental illness that comes along with bad issues in life, such as a mental disorder, a stressful event (for example, the passing of a close person), severe bullying, being lonely, you get the idea. Jokes that say "kill yourself" are terrible too, it's not funny, knock it off people, and think about others.

• This is a very serious matter.

Why do people joke about suicide? I mean for real, what's so funny about suicide? Did you think it was funny when Amanda Todd killed herself? If you did, then you have a sick mind. I get that she made a mistake, but what I don't get is why would people keep bullying her to the point where she couldn't take it anymore and kill herself? What is there to joke about? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

• This is a very touchy subject people.

I don't care if it makes you feel better about the situation, suicide jokes in general are too far. These are like Nazi jokes, even though they make people (including me, sadly) laugh they need to f***ing disappear. I'm not saying we should outlaw them or anything but holy cr*p people get some morals. Suicide is STILL a major issue. Holocaust jokes are bad enough, but when it's something's still happening it's just flat out evil. The person you tell to kill themselves could actually be depressed and might actually f***ing do it. It might not seem that way, but trust me, REAL depressed people are really good at hiding their feelings. So stop this before you actually cause someone to f***ing pull the trigger.

• They are perfectly acceptable.

They are hilarious. But there is a fine line that should be drawn when jokes start to become insulting. Those telling the jokes should also be careful that they are not around unstable people. If you are normal and you get butthurt by hearing a suicide joke, you might as well go jump off a cliff.

• Suicide jokes are not going to far they are just a joke

Jokes by their definition are not meant to be taken seriously. When someone tells a suicide joke they are not telling people to commit suicide instead they are just trying to play around and have fun. If joking about suicide can make someone happy and they are not doing any real damage by telling the joke it shouldn't matter. It is not like someone is going to hear the joke and suddenly decide to commit suicide.

• I don't think so

The human function of laughing occurs when something unexpected happens. Before suicide jokes became funny, nobody would joke about it because it was considered going too far. Because of this, nobody expects someone to whip out a suicide joke, and that is why they are funny. As they become more and more overused they will become less funny and we will need something else to feed off of.

• I don't think so

• Suicide jokes are not going overboard.

Jokes exist in order to take sad situations and make them better. This is why we laugh at racist jokes and holocaust jokes. Also, it is widely thought that all jokes come from misery in one form or another therefore, the misery that comes from suicide is a way for us as human beings to well, laugh. The censorship of suicide jokes would be comparable to the censorship of freedom of speech as a whole.

• They're a coping method

I've been suicidal in the past and made attempts. Obviously, I'm a failure there, too. Making jokes about feeling bad and laughing about it is probably a lot healthier (for me, anyway) than actually giving it another shot. I know I'm not the only one to use humor as a coping tool.

• Nobody cares mk97

You all should go watch some courage the cowardly dog show and see how good black comedy is and realize how stupid you people are now if you exuse me screw you and I don't care:why did the chicken cross the road to get to the OTHER SIDE get it

• They aren't going overboard

People need to realize that it's just a joke and it's meant to be funny. People these days get so butthurt over the stupidest of things and if someone gets butthurt over a suicide joke, they really should just kill themselves.
    (that's all I have to say, but I needed more words so hi and now bye)