• Yes taxes in the U.S. are fair

Yes, I think that taxes in the United States are fair and that Americans are paying for services that they use on a daily basis. Taxes are needed in order to help keep infrastructure up and running, as well as provide compensation for teachers and police officers, and the taxes are fair to keep everything going.

• We're not responsible for what other people do

NO, I don't believe it is because we are basically paying and giving money to those who don't do anything and don't even pay their "fair share." Some of us have to pay more than others. And for what? Its because we worked harder to achieve what we wanted and we end up paying for most of the welfare and food stamps that people receive. Everyone should just be able to pay for themselves. I'm not saying this cause I'm rich for those people who think so.

• No, they are an excessive burden on the average person.

Tax rates are always a tricky issue, too little and the government falters, too much and the public suffers. The tax rates (combines with our ridiculous sales taxes) are too high in this age of weak economy, low pay, low hours and other restrictions. Further more, the taxes taken out each check should be enough OR returned in their majority each year. They should only serve as a loan to the government to allow them to parlay the money into other capital ventures. Having to pay 15-35% of each check and then STILL owing MORE at the end of each year? This puts most people at an earned payrate of $5/hr. Ridiculous.

• No, it is inefficient.

I don't believe it is. The tax laws are far too complex and in addition, Americans have to deal with Federal, state and local taxes. The tax code needs to be reformed to where the tax rate is lower but do not allow deductions at all. This way, people will pay their 'fair share' of taxes.

• Taxes are NOT fair.

Taxation without representation. Boston Tea Party. We are being taxed to death! For what? Better roads? Better schools? First, the road are still horrible, and we have lottery and fund raisers for the school. Where is our money going? If I could sit down and see where are taxes were going, I would be a lot happier.

Cowboy0108 says2013-04-17T13:02:06.837
Go FairTax