Are teen suicides more due to peer pressure (yes) or psychological problems (no)?

• I Was Peer Pressured

I was peer pressured into an attempt to take my life. I'd definitely say that there are too many teens who have fallen to the "victim-less" crime that I was subjected to. Assisted suicides are a thing that many people do not understand or believe. Kids are easily swayed by their peers, just as I was. Those who succeed in their attempts because of the words of others are the victims, and their peers are the ones who committed the crime.

• Peers pressuring students

“Come on Tim! Do it! You’ll be as cool as us!” Those are the common words of peer pressure. As you probably know, life is not easy. You make the wrong or right choice, you make a consequence. Some consequences are good, and some are bad. But do you know what sometimes triggers bad consequences? Peer pressure. That’s right, peer pressure causes sometimes most of today's problems and/or relationship break ups.

Take the ball tampering that Australia did just recently. They were under pressure with losing their rank and respect. So what did they do? They ball tampered, guess what the consequence was? Their whole country and other international countries lost respect for them. Now other teams shouldn’t rant at them because everyone does it, but they paid the price.

Some kids are pressured from their families to do stuff they don’t wanna do. Take the TV show ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’. Ashley doesn’t want to do violin and her father wants her to be good at classical music because he never got the chance to. Parents sometime want their children to do the things they never could, which what disappoints me greatly because then the child never gets to do what they want to do.

Peer pressure can also result in bad health. Smoking, drugs and other unhealthy actions can result in a regretful life. Smoking, drugs and other actions all are apart of the peer pressure family. It’s all because the victim wants to be ‘cool’ and not be left out. They want to be a part of the chain. Guess what? The consequences of wanting to be cool come later on in life, such as lung disease or cancer treatment. Those are just some of the many consequences of being ‘cool’.

• I say yes Suicides are due to peer pressure

Peer Pressure causes Psychological problems. People commit suicide because they feel so much pressure they can't take anymore and that's where suicide comes in. Parents may be another reason for children to have suicidal thoughts parents might be putting pressure on their child/children and they don't realize it but it affect their child greatly.

• 1 RESON WHY ... Hi amira issra Bushra somaia and U MISS USHER I'm famous now and so r u

People with more low self-esteem may be ashamed of themselves for reasons such as drugs, cigars, and drinking which they most likely got from peer pressure.To delete the feeling...They delete themselves concluding that point with is: peer pressure leads to disappointment of one's self-witch leads to low self-esteem which leads to.. Suicide/suicidal thoughts
    written: Jan 18, 2018, by NASTAIN RIDA MUSBAH and its the same as the other one because I made it but forgot to write my name so amira and issra and Bushra and somaia and miss.Usher Acknowledge I made this so I DID NOT PLAGIARIZE THIS PICE OF WORK MISS.USHER so ya my point was made also plz she my channel dare to do it kids so ya WERE ALL FAMOUS KNOW also all the people I meanshined are my friends

• Low self esteem

• Yes,people are losing their lives due to Peer Pressure!

Peer Pressure leads to first pulling out hair,then depending on others, then hating yourself and others and finally BOOM they are gone. People start struggling to survive from themselves than actually trying to survive through another grade. Peer Pressure is the worst way to lose their lives and studies show that its the main way teenagers lose their lives.
    -N. Henry

• Psychological problems do not come into the equation until after the peer pressure is involved.

Not all teens start off with psychological problems. They may even happen just from what is happening around them. They could have problems at home, see the bad behavior themselves. It is an action taught to them. It even makes them feel worthless or even betrayed. The peer pressure CAUSES the psychological problems. Thus, peer pressure is why suicide is attempted in the first place. The problem at hand that needs to be thought about is the percent rate as well. http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/1-12-teens-attempted-suicide-report-article-1.1092622 This website helps thoroughly demonstrate that bullying is a huge factor in suicide attempts versus considering suicide. As said in the article, one in six teens considered suicide, while one in twelve has attempted. From the year 2009 to 2011, the rate of suicide deaths has jumped up 1.5%. As the percentage rate jumped, so has bullying.

• Suicides are not due MORE from peer pressure.

While peer pressure may play a very large role in the way adolescents feel about themselves, I certainly do not believe it is the primary cause of suicide. For one to not fit it is very common in this day and age, probably because it is hard to tell what "fitting in" really comprises of anyways. There are an uncountable number of varied cultures that have been brought together as our world grows and changes, as do its people. There is no definition for what the "average" teen should be, only what teenagers themselves see, observe, and keep in their minds as what they deem as "cool" or "popular." While this may place the pressure on teens' shoulders to be just like these "popular" stereotypes formed, to commit suicide involves a deeper notion than simply feeling out of place. To want to commit suicide, to end one's entire existence, knowing it will affect others in an undeniably life-altering way, takes more than feeling uncool because you don't have all of the newest trends going on. I'm not deeming every teen that has committed or considered committing suicide mentally ill, but I am saying there is some type of psychological imbalance that has caused feelings of depression and deeper distress than can be truly understood by anyone besides themselves. This leaves a sense of pure loneliness in the world, and the realization that those surrounding them cannot identify with these godforsaken (lack of) emotions, is what in the end causes the demise of hope for continuing.

• No, psychological problems are involved.

No, teen suicides are not due to peer pressure as much as psychological problems, because a person who is psychologically disturbed is the only kind of person who could commit suicide. Although peer pressure is a terrible thing, in order for a child to get to the point they would kill themselves, they cannot be thinking with a clear mind.

• No, there have to be problems present.

Given the fact that a child who commits suicide probably has some deep psychological problems, these can still be made worse by peer pressure and the presence of bullies. Someone who does not feel secure only needs to be shamed a bit more to take his or her own life.