Are teenagers too young to know what love really is?

Asked by: fialoebis
  • Too young to know what love is

Many teens tend to think they know what love really is, my parents are in their 40`s and they don't even know what love is. Teens make "love" an excuse to have sex. The words I LOVE YOU means too much for us teens/kids to take it lightly. Just because you actors say and be dramatic about it doesn't mean you know the meaning of it.

• A matter of growing up, maturing

In this world, we have become a society where we need money to survive, where are knowledge and ability is vital. Right now, teenagers are learning in school to learn that, to survive in the world that awaits them. One of the many things that it takes time to learn is love: during our years, we seem to feel attracted to one another because of a sort of selection we're given. Let's be honest, the majority of us have like, or do like someone in the school. Don't you think that that's because you somehow feel as if you need to choose someone over another? Getting closer and closer to each and every person opens you up to an opinion that "Oh, they're not too bad." Love is a much more complicated thing, and isn't limited to school: most teenagers are in need of learning that. It isn't that simple.

• Yes they are too young

Yes, I think that teenagers are too young to know what love actually is. Getting to know what makes true love different from just having feelings of liking takes time, and teenagers are way too young to be able to tell when they are in love compared to just really liking someone.

• Definitely to young.

What percent of happily married couples are highschool sweethearts? A common misconception is that 90% marry highschool sweethearts. This is so far from the truth. In reality, around less than 5 percent end up marrying their high school sweetheart. If less than 5 percent marry their high school sweetheart, it would stand to reason that it's kind of pointless to take high school dating seriously.

• No one can tell your how your feel

Who says that love doesn't exist as a teenager? I am 16 years old and have been dating my 18 year old boufriend for about a year and a half now, we are absolutely in love! I can't be happier then I am now he's amazing and loves real!! Just because someone isn't of "required" age that older people thing is a certain age where love is real doesn't mean it's not real at 14,15, or even 16-18, love is an amazing thing full of passion, appreciation, happiness, and compatibility; if you think you have found your true love and or soulmate then that's what you want and think, that's your life and no one can tell you other wise!

• Teenagers can love

I think that teenagers can really love because I have met a boy last year and I really love him. I have never talked to him because I'm scared to do so. He is my first love and I truly care about him and I can't get him out of my mind and I also dream of him. I' m sure that teenagers can love.

• Love has no deffinition

Alot of adults say teenagers cannot fall in love. Yea that may be so, however if the teen is raised under the right circumstances they can. Parents say love is taught, well it isn't. Right now, I love my best guy friend and I'm in High school! Love has no boundries and varies from person to person. Yes love takes time to grow, as a young adult it has somewhere to go. I believe teens should be exposed to loving somebody. Young love is just as important as older love. Infact it may be even more important since it's the beginning of something great. I've known this guy for a year and a half going onto two. We're both in band and share similiar interests so we just clicked. Yeah we started off as friends but now we really care for each other. Heck, we can feel love for our friends. It's called friendship so why can't it be taken a step further over time?

• Love is Worthy

Love cannot be stopped when it comes. When it does come you have to take the chance. Parents say that children don't understand love and most of the time they'll just break up, but life is about experience and they won't know what love is about without experience. Heartbreaking is very common and yes it does hurt, but this pain teaches them to make better choices next time and this is how they improve as a better person. Love starts with a feeling of special liking towards someone. The love builds up with time. I think a person's teenage years is a perfect time to start to love. When you're older and go to college you won't have any time to build love anymore. It'll be all about work, work, work. During a person's teenage years, they experience lots of things, driver's license, right to vote, and during this time of their life they start to mature. Love should also be part of their teenage experience.

• Of course it does.

I'm 17 and I'm in love with this guy but people are telling him that it's not real and that teenagers don't really love???? How can you let someone else tell you what love is when no one does? I feel it like I've never felt before and I know for a fact that it is real. We've been together for a year and I know that in the beginning it was lust but we've grown together and care for eachother and just want the best for eachother what more can you ask for when asking for love? I can't get him off my mind and I can't see my life without him he is the best person I know and I get so mad when people say that teens can't actually be in love because it just makes me question myself? But I know that it's real and I hope that any teen reading this understands that yes there is a difference between lust and love but you will know the difference if the love is there. And for any adult reading this, just because you're old and you think you know everything, if your love didn't work out when you were a teen it doesn't mean that your teen or us teens won't work out.

• Of course young people can fall in love.

Love isn't just really liking someone or having strong feelings towards each other. It is bonding, commitment, passion, communication, understanding and growing together as one. There's no age limit, only a fool would think that. I believe at any age you can find the one that you truly love. It doesn't matter what age you are, not every love story is the same.

• Love isn't a number

Love never came with an age. When we were born, you knew you loved your family. How can you not know when you love a person? Love is blinded completely. Anyone can fall in love, some true others not. But teens are able to fall in love and recognize when they do !

• Love is how you feel

Who is anyone to say that a teen doesn't know what love is. You can't explain love; you can only feel love. Love is simply a feeling of affection for another person. If a girl meets a guy and she feels a closeness of affection for him, who is to say she doesn't feel love? Love, of course, is sometimes taken for granted...But there is not set definition for it. Teens may or may not actually know what it is, but it still doesn't make it okay for an adult to say we don't know our own feelings for someone else

• We teens do know what love is

I'm 16 and know exactly what love is. What started off as a cute crush at 13 turned into an amazing 3 year relationship and still going. I love my boyfriend. Yes LOVE. No one else knows how we feel. There is not some test to say whether or not we are inlove. There is no words to describe how some of us feel. We teens are not too young to know what love is.

• Love is just difficult to process sometimes.

Because the point of love is that it can come to you at any time and in multiple ways. Sure many people see love all wrong, but sometimes, a lot of times we have a vague concept of what it is. I think it's our decision to look back in life and decide if we really loved them.

• Love is real

Love exist for anyone at any age. So idc what any says. I have a girlfriend. And from the I saw her, I felt something I've never felt. And I have had many girls. But I want to actually spend my life with her. Everytime I am with her, I get butterflies because of how much I love her. So adults if you never had love when you were a kid, that your problem. Cause honestly, many people go through love at all ages.

• Age is just a number

I believe that teenagers are old enough to know what love means. However, whether they are in successful relationships is a different story. Many teenagers, especially with stereotypes, confuse love and lust. However, there are many teenagers that have more successful relationships than a lot of adults. It really depends on the people in the relationships themselves.

• No, young love exist

Me being 14 you think i have no right to say anything but just listen, me and my girl have been together for 7 years. Your thinking what 7 years yea since 3rd grade we have been together. A little play relationship turned into something serious. I had a feeling that every time I sat next to her I had a feeling inside of me like, butterflies in my stomach. Well take this story into consideration. Hopefully i changed ur mind about this debate

• No it happens

I am only 14 but I say, no I do not think teenagers are too young to know what love is! It just all depends on how mature and committed you are. I believe love does not come with an age it just comes naturally. So to those who are saying yes we are too young to know what love is and it's just an excuse to have sex you are very wrong maybe some but those are only the immature teens that are misunderstood about life. But I believe people can think what they think is right plus this is only my opinion!!

• No. I know this for a fact.

My Husband was 13 when I met him and I was 12. I knew I loved him the very first time he smiled at me. And i wasn't even a teenager at that time. It was always true love for me and I still love him soooo much. Love is so powerful.

• It really happens.

I met my husband when I was only 13, he was 16 at the time. We got to know each other then we started dating. I felt feelings I have never felt before, they were so very strong. I felt I knew what love was by the age of 14. Each day my feelings got stronger. Some days I just wanted to give up with young love but we stayed strong throughout all the fights. All the big ones and all the small fights made each one of us stronger and more loving for each other. I feel like I am very lucky to have found my one by age 13. He's my everything. He's still my one and only.