Are The Arguments Over Religion Getting Plain Ridiculous At This Point?Should They Try To Stop Arguing And Just Let One Another Believe What They Want?

Asked by: LeahTheGreat
  • Mot be ironic but amen to that

Yes! Yes yes yeees! Im so sick of it. Both sodes are actung like children and jumping down each others throats. Mostly the disagreement is on seperation of church and state so why dont people just discuss that instead of having the pointless impossible argument about the existence of God. Whatever ioir beliefs are its ort of your cultural identity and you should believw what you want and allow others to do the same so long as its not hirting others.

• I believe yes.

Opinion is opinion and bias is bias. The freedom to express your religion is a universal concept and since everyone has this basic right, contending over superiority seems childish now. If it's two major religions arguing, then it's most likely something that dates back longer than previously thought. But if it's two minor religions, the tension between them would be less and thus be less childish and done for no reason. In the end, I would have to say that it all depends on the sides arguing and as to what are they arguing about
    Overall, yes, it's childish.

• Not at all

This is like saying if I see a sleeping neighbor's house burning should I stand there and watch it burn down with him or should I at least wake him up - or better - put out the fire?

You go do that if you want - but I'm not going to stand there and watch ignorance stifle scientific and moral progress of humanity.

• Not if you care about others.

The famous atheist magician Penn Jillette once said: “I’ve always said that I don’t respect people who don’t proselytize [share their faith]. I don’t respect that at all. If you believe that there’s a heaven and a hell, and people could be going to hell or not getting eternal life, and you think that it’s not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward—and atheists who think people shouldn’t proselytize and who say just leave me alone and keep your religion to yourself—how much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate somebody to believe everlasting life is possible and not tell them that? I mean, if I believed, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that a truck was coming at you, and you didn’t believe that truck was bearing down on you, there is a certain point where I tackle you. And this is more important than that.” If we really care about what happens to other people, then people of every religion SHOULD try to argue for the truth of their religion. Not to get the satisfaction of winning the argument. Not to lord your faith over other people and expect special treatment. But because you care enough about other people to want them to escape eternal punishment and receive eternal life.

• No religion is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world and we should not let people believe in it.

We should take all religions away. If god wants to talk to the people who would have read these horrible religions he will if he is all powerful or powerful enough to create the universe. These religions give people horrible moralities and tell them that they know right from wrong and sense they dont a lot of evil that could have been prevented is done in the name of righteousness and all these people who actually dont know right from wrong are not trying to learn right from wrong because they think they already know right from wrong. Why do we allow it? Our leaders allow it because it gives them moralities that are convenient for them. Thats what religion is really for and its why every religion has a different moral code. They have different morals because the leaders who created them have different needs likes and dislikes.

Diqiucun_Cunmin says2015-05-17T15:35:29.810
Referring to the picture, what does the wedding symbol have to do with the religious symbols? XD