• Arts are everything.

Art is in your daily life. Art is the table you eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner at, and the bowl or plate you eat it out of. It's the clothes you wear, and the style of the phones you love. It's the cars you drive the hospitals you go to. It's the restaurants the movies the music. ART IS EVERYTHING!

• Art is in Everything.

Art is in everything you see. Art is in the tables you eat at in the cups you drink out of and the chairs you relax in. It's the hospitals you go to, the restaurants, the hotels, the movies. It's the clothes you wear the house you live in and the bed you sleep in. Art is literally EVERYTHING. Art is creating something new. The car you drive, the style of the phone you hold, no matter what way you look there is art everywhere. It's not just paintings, music, and stuff like that. It's everything around you and everything you live for. In my opinion art is the one thing the whole world take for granted. So yes I think the arts are necessary.

• We do need art in our lives

Without art life would be dull. Art makes everything up. Art is our life. Art is inspiring. Without music sound would be dull without paintings or sculptures visual things do not stand out. Art makes us feel alive. Art helps kids with their grades,make them smart. And art can bring peace to the world.

• We do need art in our lives

• We do need art in our lives

• Art is necessary.

Some people are just too dull to see its beauty.
    (Especially the one who wrote this piece of crap: "No, the arts are not necessary. It is not necessary for people to have arts to enjoy. I personally am not even vaguely interested in any artistic creations. I don't like paintings or drawings. I don't find pictures entertaining. I think abstract art is just a term for bad artists. I don't think art is necessary in this world.")
    But now seriously, art is the expression of creativity. Without it there would not be many invententions and pieces of inspiration we have today.

• Without Art Humanity stays in caves !

From the Cave till now if one looks at the recorded history of Art ( which many are missing ) human civilization advanced till now with the sense of Beauty. This very sensibility makes humans different from many other species. Art helps to understand and change our colour senses, appreciated beauty in nature and go beyond the limitations of ones perception and imagination without the socially created fears. In general Art encourages one to think more free with colours and lines. Imagine a society without colour ( painting) sculptures, theater, music and films ???

• Art is a Language

Believe it or not but there are many, many people on this planet which do not accept art. In fact, there are humans that reject art. Art is known as a way to express emotions, thoughts, and maybe even tell a story. Art is also a language. That might be hard to believe or interpret but that's how it is! When listening to the arrangement of chords and notes in a musical composition many people hear music. That's what they call it "Music". However, an individual which studied the language of music would be able to understand what its telling or playing. Just like any other language, the art language has to be studied and experienced before it can be understood. Vocal arts are more simple, but they aren't a language. The words being sung and the vocalists voice tone decides what is being expressed. The function of a language is to help humans communicate and another term for express is communicate. So art is used for multiple uses like for money, and attractions but the greatest among all the uses is communication.

• Dont be retarded

Whats the difference between a painting (whether it be abstract or contemporary or whatever) and an iPhone?

Nothing. Both are the result of someones imagination, without which we would have nothing so stop being stupid and just because your piddly little mind can't see that does not make it pointless

• Art Broadens the Mind and Encourages Understanding

The arts in all its variety can introduce us to things or thoughts outside our own day to day life. For example, a film on wild animals in Africa will broaden my understanding of wild animals gleaned from a zoo. A painting on the maths of pattern will enlarge my understanding of rhythm (useful for me but not necessarily useful for all). The arts, particularly fiction and film may describe, explain and clarify our understanding of a situation, emotion or happening so we, the reader will bring greater empathy to a similar real life situation.

• World would be just fine

People would have more time to contribute to solving real problems in the world like curing cancer. Entertainment while providing relaxation is not essential for survival. Technology has rendered art meaningless, a photograph can capture a sunset why need a painting? People will live in boxed apartment homes not ornate victorian houses, is that a bad thing?

• No, the arts are not necessary.

It is not necessary for people to have arts to enjoy. I personally am not even vaguely interested in any artistic creations. I don't like paintings or drawings. I don't find pictures entertaining. I think abstract art is just a term for bad artists. I don't think art is necessary in this world.