• Art is necessary.

Some people are just too dull to see its beauty.
    (Especially the one who wrote this piece of crap: "No, the arts are not necessary. It is not necessary for people to have arts to enjoy. I personally am not even vaguely interested in any artistic creations. I don't like paintings or drawings. I don't find pictures entertaining. I think abstract art is just a term for bad artists. I don't think art is necessary in this world.")
    But now seriously, art is the expression of creativity. Without it there would not be many invententions and pieces of inspiration we have today.

• Without Art Humanity stays in caves !

From the Cave till now if one looks at the recorded history of Art ( which many are missing ) human civilization advanced till now with the sense of Beauty. This very sensibility makes humans different from many other species. Art helps to understand and change our colour senses, appreciated beauty in nature and go beyond the limitations of ones perception and imagination without the socially created fears. In general Art encourages one to think more free with colours and lines. Imagine a society without colour ( painting) sculptures, theater, music and films ???

• Art is a Language

Believe it or not but there are many, many people on this planet which do not accept art. In fact, there are humans that reject art. Art is known as a way to express emotions, thoughts, and maybe even tell a story. Art is also a language. That might be hard to believe or interpret but that's how it is! When listening to the arrangement of chords and notes in a musical composition many people hear music. That's what they call it "Music". However, an individual which studied the language of music would be able to understand what its telling or playing. Just like any other language, the art language has to be studied and experienced before it can be understood. Vocal arts are more simple, but they aren't a language. The words being sung and the vocalists voice tone decides what is being expressed. The function of a language is to help humans communicate and another term for express is communicate. So art is used for multiple uses like for money, and attractions but the greatest among all the uses is communication.

• Dont be retarded

Whats the difference between a painting (whether it be abstract or contemporary or whatever) and an iPhone?

Nothing. Both are the result of someones imagination, without which we would have nothing so stop being stupid and just because your piddly little mind can't see that does not make it pointless

• Art Broadens the Mind and Encourages Understanding

The arts in all its variety can introduce us to things or thoughts outside our own day to day life. For example, a film on wild animals in Africa will broaden my understanding of wild animals gleaned from a zoo. A painting on the maths of pattern will enlarge my understanding of rhythm (useful for me but not necessarily useful for all). The arts, particularly fiction and film may describe, explain and clarify our understanding of a situation, emotion or happening so we, the reader will bring greater empathy to a similar real life situation.

• Arts bring culture into a culture-less world.

The arts are a valuable form of expression and have been with part of humanity since we were cavemen. The arts are necessary and critical in keeping the average person level minded. Without the arts, there is nothing but business in the world. I don't know what life would be like with no arts, but I do know it would be less colorful and fun.

• Arts are the key to life.

The arts are completely necessary in the world right now. They are necessary because if a Chinese man and an American man met right now, they wouldn't be able to talk to each other. They wouldn't understand each other. But if you communicate through music, that's a whole different story. You could tell if they're happy, sad, mad or even depressed. Music takes feelings to the next level. Music is one of the languages that everybody can understand.

• Yes, they are more than necessary.

Without the arts there would be a lot less to appreciate in life. There would still be sunsets and all the beauty of the natural world, but we would miss the added human interpretation that an artist can bring to it. The things in life that are beautiful because of human contribution would be missing, such things as literature and music . I think there is a part of human nature that wants to create beauty, and we would be sorely lacking without that.

• The Arts Are Necessary

The arts are very much necessary They give people who need a creative outlet something to do and a sense of community. The arts contributes a lot to society, more than it gets credit for. Without the arts we wouldn't have a lot of music, movies, painting, and many other things.

• World would be just fine

People would have more time to contribute to solving real problems in the world like curing cancer. Entertainment while providing relaxation is not essential for survival. Technology has rendered art meaningless, a photograph can capture a sunset why need a painting? People will live in boxed apartment homes not ornate victorian houses, is that a bad thing?

• No, the arts are not necessary.

It is not necessary for people to have arts to enjoy. I personally am not even vaguely interested in any artistic creations. I don't like paintings or drawings. I don't find pictures entertaining. I think abstract art is just a term for bad artists. I don't think art is necessary in this world.